GDT: Jackets @ Wild, 7PM | 3AM WE'RE STREAKING (and it's not a losing streak) EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
well we werent going to go undefeated for the rest of the year....but we basically have to have a .750 win percentage the rest of the way to get into the playoffs

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
well we werent going to go undefeated for the rest of the year....but we basically have to have a .750 win percentage the rest of the way to get into the playoffs

Which is better than the best teams in the league. .750 is highly unattainable.

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
Also Brodziak played more than Nino, Coyle and Zucker... SACK THE **** UP YEO

Yea but his line actually generated consistent offensive chances... I'm really only upset Zucker didn't get more time. The other two guys have been pretty meh lately.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Chad Graff @ChadGraff
FINAL: Blue Jackets 3, #MNWild 1.
At current eighth-place pace (94 points), the Wild need to go 23-11-3 in their final 37 to make playoffs.

I just don't see us making that kind of a run.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Which is better than the best teams in the league. .750 is highly unattainable.

It is very deceiving as it doesn't look like they are that far out but they have to pass a lot of teams and it is gonna be basically impossible at this point. The possibility of them winning 14 games in a row while everyone in front of them tanks are basically nil.

Billy Mays Here*

Chad Graff @ChadGraff
FINAL: Blue Jackets 3, #MNWild 1.
At current eighth-place pace (94 points), the Wild need to go 23-11-3 in their final 37 to make playoffs.

I just don't see us making that kind of a run.

Of course not, hence why I've been on the tank train for weeks now. It's just not gonna happen.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Of course not, hence why I've been on the tank train for weeks now. It's just not gonna happen.

Yeah, nice to see other people are finally realizing that we're not going to make the playoffs. Just wish we would commit to the tank.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well if GMCF was waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and fire Yeo (which I don't think he is), the all-star break would be the best time to do it outside of the offseason.

Outside possibility ownership fires one or both of them tho. At this point I would not mind that, even as much as I love how GMCF has built this team, his unwavering loyalty to Yeo will be his undoing.

TheInstigator

Nov 7, 2013
The Blue Jackets effectively clog the neutral zone and Bob plays the puck well to disrupt our dump and chase game. But we had no adjustment to our zone entry. Am I expecting too much from a coach to recognize their strategy before or during the game and make adjustments?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
What blows my mind is how often Yeo changes up the even-strength lines if they don't score a goal in their first shift; but he won't change up that first PP unit until someone is suspended or injured. :/
We need Poms to take a two-handed chop at someone's leg....then for Suter to sucker punch a guy going after Poms followed by Koivu jumping over the boards to join the fight. Top PP unit effectively disassembled!

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I hate seeing that "Crawford, Crawford" commercial.. cause we most likely won't be in the playoffs to do that again...

I hate this.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We need Poms to take a two-handed chop at someone's leg....then for Suter to sucker punch a guy going after Poms followed by Koivu jumping over the boards to join the fight. Top PP unit effectively disassembled!

Sadly injuries, suspensions, and illnesses are the only way I see the first unit being put back on the shelf where it belongs.

I can't remember when the Wild have had a worse powerplay unit in their history.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
This team is going to drive me insane. The media needs to ask Yeo every night why in God's name is he running Suter into the ground. He played 30 minutes again tonight, 9 minutes more than the next highest minutes, which was Brodin. Yeo refuses to change the PP up. I swear Suter must have played 3:30 of that 4 minute double minor. This team has been saying all year they need better goaltending and maybe for him to steal a game here and there. Well Duby tried to steal one tonight but you don't wanna crash the net when the puck is sitting in the crease. We're picking 10-14th in the draft this year and you know it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I'll be real honest with everyone here. These vets are not the type of players that will ever be able to take this team deep into the playoffs unless they actually bring in a coach that makes them start forechecking and putting opposing players down. Nobody is getting their ****ing hands dirty at all. This team they were playing tonight is mediocre, and extremely beatable but you have guys who won't do what's necessary for victory. The BJs are all defense, that's it. They scored 3 goals because the Wild stopped playing and can't knock players on their ass when they go back for the puck.

There has to be players available who actually understand that when you enter the ****ing offensive zone the defenseman gets hit every ******* time he goes back to get the puck. That's why they make mistakes later in the game. The continuing soft play just makes me want to puke. I say trade one of the vets and shake up the team.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This team is going to drive me insane. The media needs to ask Yeo every night why in God's name is he running Suter into the ground. He played 30 minutes again tonight, 9 minutes more than the next highest minutes, which was Brodin. Yeo refuses to change the PP up. I swear Suter must have played 3:30 of that 4 minute double minor. This team has been saying all year they need better goaltending and maybe for him to steal a game here and there. Well Duby tried to steal one tonight but you don't wanna crash the net when the puck is sitting in the crease. We're picking 10-14th in the draft this year and you know it.

Gotta make up for all the time he didn't play while he was suspended! #YeoThink

It's embarrasing. He's the reverse of the rest of the vets. He works TOO MUCH and it's killing us.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'll be real honest with everyone here. These vets are not the type of players that will ever be able to take this team deep into the playoffs unless they actually bring in a coach that makes them start forechecking and putting opposing players down.

I just don't buy it.

Almost pushed Chicago to a game 7 in round 2 last year.

I'm not saying they're a perfect squad, obviously they're far from it. But I don't think this season means we need to blow everything up.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Well if GMCF was waiting for the right time to pull the trigger and fire Yeo (which I don't think he is), the all-star break would be the best time to do it outside of the offseason.

Outside possibility ownership fires one or both of them tho. At this point I would not mind that, even as much as I love how GMCF has built this team, his unwavering loyalty to Yeo will be his undoing.

Picking the coach is a big part of being the GM. Can't blame the coaching while you're the GM. Either change it or go down with the ship. I can only think there is a buddy relationship or something to keep Yeo after six game losing streak after two mediocre months. No reason to keep him at this point.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
GMCF needs to go. He can't build a team. Can't hire a coach.

I think his biggest mistake was signing Suter and Parise and trying to skip a rebuild. That's what this team needed more than anything, a good, true rebuild.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
GMCF needs to go. He can't build a team. Can't hire a coach.

Vehemently disagree on the team building.

Agree on coach hiring.

I could go either way at this point, but you just know whoever hires GMCF after we're done with him would rocket up the standings within two years of his hire.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I think his biggest mistake was signing Suter and Parise and trying to skip a rebuild. That's what this team needed more than anything, a good, true rebuild.

We've been over this. He would not have gotten the job if he had planned a full rebuild when he was hired. Ownership wanted a win-now method, and GMCF did what he could with that and actually had to talk Leipold into being patient.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We've been over this. He would not have gotten the job if he had planned a full rebuild when he was hired. Ownership wanted a win-now method, and GMCF did what he could with that and actually had to talk Leipold into being patient.

Well then ownership is the problem.

You don't go from being entirely mediocre year after year to being a contender just like that.

I think we're demonstrating that perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad