GDT: Jackets @ Wild, 7PM | 3AM WE'RE STREAKING (and it's not a losing streak) EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'll try to see how quickly I can copy-paste a GDT with pictures, information and not be superlazy about it. Time starts NOW! 15:17

BLUE JACKETS (19-21-3) at WILD (20-19-5)

blue-jacket2.jpg
4291449-2228919277-vs.pn.png
wild1.jpg

TV: FS-O, FS-N

Season series: Goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky made 28 saves for the Columbus Blue Jackets in a 3-1 win against the Minnesota Wild on Dec. 31 at Nationwide Arena. Minnesota is 16-5-4 against Columbus all-time at Xcel Energy Center.

Blue Jackets team scope: Columbus defeated the Boston Bruins 3-1 on Saturday, ending a four-game losing streak. Forward Ryan Johansen had a goal and an assist, extending his point streak to 13 games, and goaltender Curtis McElhinney made 35 saves. The Blue Jackets assigned forward Sean Collins to Springfield of the American Hockey League on Sunday. Collins was recalled on Dec. 30 and had two assists in eight games.

Wild team scope: Minnesota won 3-1 against the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday, securing a second consecutive win for the first time since mid-November. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk made 25 saves, improving to 2-0-0 since being acquired in a trade from the Coyotes on Wednesday. Ryan Suter will return to the lineup Monday following a two-game suspension for elbowing Pittsburgh Penguins forward Steve Downie. Forward Mikael Granlund also returned to practice following surgery on his wrist in late December. Granlund won’t play against Columbus, but coach Mike Yeo didn’t rule him out for the game Tuesday against the Detroit Red Wings. The Wild reassigned defenseman Jonathon Blum and forward Jordan Schroeder to Iowa of the American Hockey League.

Projected lineups:

:wild
Minnesota Wild
Zach Parise - Mikko Koivu - Jason Pominville
Jason Zucker - Erik Haula - Thomas Vanek
Nino Niederreiter - Charlie Coyle - Ryan Carter
Matt Cooke - Kyle Brodziak - Justin Fontaine

Something something pairings. Might update after I know more.

Marco Scandella - Jared Spurgeon
Jonas Brodin - Christian Folin
Ryan Suter? - Matt Dumba

Devan Dubnyk
Niklas Backstrom

Scratched: Jonathon Blum, Jordan Schroeder, HOPEFULLY NATE FREAKING PROSSER

Injured: Mikael Granlund (wrist), Darcy Kuemper (lower body), Justin Falk (upper body), Keith Ballard (head/face)

boomer_medium_medium.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno
Morin-Wennberg-Atkinson
Calvert-Letestu-Anderson
Tropp-Dubinsky-Boll

Johnson-Savard
Connauton-Wisniewski
Tyutin-Prout

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Inactive
Collins, Leopold, Prout

Injured
Anisimov, Gibbons, Horton, Jenner, Murray, Skille

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Last edited:

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
11 minutes with many failed information, stupid not-working pictures and almost no effort at all. All the information is probably wrong and things stuff blah blah.

Guys, you can make GDT's too so you don't have to put up with mine :D

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Not bad at all!

Gotta think we have to win these two games if we want to make any run at all. Intrigued by what they'll do with the goalies on a back to back...maybe Kuemper is read to play one.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Just looked at Columbus' players' stats and their 2nd line center Wennberg has 5 points in 33 games and is -16. Why are they keeping him in the NHL?

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Calgary and LA play tonight so the Wild need 2 points just to keep pace with the last Wild Card spot! So must win again tonight

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Just looked at Columbus' players' stats and their 2nd line center Wennberg has 5 points in 33 games and is -16. Why are they keeping him in the NHL?

I don't even know. Lack of bodies?

Granted he's played "better" in the sense of not looking completely overwhelmed. But I think once Jenner and Anisimov come back he will be back down in the A.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
I don't even know. Lack of bodies?

Granted he's played "better" in the sense of not looking completely overwhelmed. But I think once Jenner and Anisimov come back he will be back down in the A.

Adding to this, Letestu and Dubinsky have been hurt for significant stretches as well. This is Wennberg's second stint, I'd be curious to know how much of the -16 was due to first stint versus the second.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Bobrovoskvy always owns us. Need to keep the puck out of the net if we want to win. Wild win 2-1.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Looks like the pairings are:

20 - 25
46 - 55
06 - 05

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Suter-Brodin; Spurgeon-Dumba; Scandella-Folin #mnwild pairs.Yeo liked Spurge on left, feels they can roll 3 pairs for 1st time in long time

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looks like the pairings are:

20 - 25
46 - 55
06 - 05

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib
Suter-Brodin; Spurgeon-Dumba; Scandella-Folin #mnwild pairs.Yeo liked Spurge on left, feels they can roll 3 pairs for 1st time in long time

Three pairs meaning Suter gets 30 minutes and 6 and 46 each get 15?

Also, does it make more sense to anyone else to put 6 with 55 and 46 with 5?

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Three pairs meaning Suter gets 30 minutes and 6 and 46 each get 15?

Also, does it make more sense to anyone else to put 6 with 55 and 46 with 5?

Almost certainly.

Funny, Suter's out for two games and we win both. Not saying by any means that it was Suter's fault we were losing, but it's like we didn't learn anything from those two wins. Just completely revert back to the old way.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Almost certainly.

Funny, Suter's out for two games and we win both. Not saying by any means that it was Suter's fault we were losing, but it's like we didn't learn anything from those two wins. Just completely revert back to the old way.

Learning is not in Mike Yeo's vocbulary. That's why the top PP is still:

Parise-Koivu-Vanek
Pominville-Suter

And why Scandella sees no PP time, and why our first line is Parise-Koivu-Pominville, and why Suter still gets played a half an hour a game even though we have two very competent d-men in Spurgeon and Scandella. Do I need to go on?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Almost certainly.

We didn't learn anything. Both teams were terrible.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think you guys are misinterpreting the D Pairings. I think the reason they're spread out like that is so that you can take some of the pressure off of Suter by creating 3 lines that you can roll without the risk of one being exploited, which is what the problem was when we were rolling guys like Prosser. All three of these lines will get good playing time.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I think you guys are misinterpreting the D Pairings. I think the reason they're spread out like that is so that you can take some of the pressure off of Suter by creating 3 lines that you can roll without the risk of one being exploited, which is what the problem was when we were rolling guys like Prosser. All three of these lines will get good playing time.

If that's the case then I'm very happy, but it's a huge departure from the way the D has been structured all season (except the last two games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad