Confirmed with Link: Jackets to affiliate with Lake Erie for next season (link in post #78)

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
People need to get over not re-signing guys. CC was traded and he turned into Brantley (MVP candidate) who just signed long term. Lee was traded and brought back Carassco (signed long term). Neither guy traded is worth the paper their contracts are written on.

Plenty of guys have signed long term with the Indians. If you want to keep complaining, just stop because you aren't an Indians fan.

People have every right to complain. It's part of being a fan.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
People need to get over not re-signing guys. CC was traded and he turned into Brantley (MVP candidate) who just signed long term. Lee was traded and brought back Carassco (signed long term). Neither guy traded is worth the paper their contracts are written on.

Plenty of guys have signed long term with the Indians. If you want to keep complaining, just stop because you aren't an Indians fan.

This, from a guy who complains about every goal against, missed check, and bad pass in every GDT he joins!

Heal thy own fandom, MFR!

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I don't get WUAB on DirecTV, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, FSO pick up some LEM to broadcast this year when the Jackets are off. Also, a radio affiliate in the Central Ohio area would be nice as well. I love listening to hockey games on the radio while I'm out running around during the winter. I can already hear it now...

"Heatherington with a big hit behind the Monsters' net, jars the puck loose. Picked up by Rychel, skates it up across the center line. Pass to Milano, carries across the blue line. Milano pulls up at the half-wall, cross ice to Bjorkstrand. He shoots and scores!" :nod:

I can hardly wait for next season to begin for both the Jackets and the Monsters...

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
thanks for posting that Lee.

Interesting to hear the pleas to the community - my understanding from Springfield fans is that this is kind of a regular tactic. Hopefully all can come together and when their deal is up, they can either continue with the Coyotes or move forward with a nearby team.

cbjfan4life

Aug 2, 2005
was up @ the Q for game 2 of the cavs/celtics series.....they have their LEM jerseys for 50% off in case anyone is looking for one...and apaprently online as well :nod:

Last edited:

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Only thing that doesn't work for those jerseys is that damn burgundy A on them...wonder if they're offering half off since the jerseys will certainly change next year.

I tried to snag one of the Cleveland "third" jerseys, and they only have XL's left... I am not an XL unfortunately. For $62 though, you cant beat it.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Only thing that doesn't work for those jerseys is that damn burgundy A on them...wonder if they're offering half off since the jerseys will certainly change next year.

Twitter says they aren't going to change the jerseys. Just add a CBJ themed one.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
They're clearing them out because of the Avalanche patch. If this sounds like a minor issue to clear out jerseys over, consider that the Cavaliers (same organization) cleared out their replica jerseys at bargain basement prices at the end of last season just because the NBA logo was moving from the front to to the back of the jersey.

Also, regarding the lack of a lake monster as the mascot, the team has never come up with a logo of the full monster, just what you see in the primary logo. I think the idea is to have the Lake Erie Monster be a mysterious creature that nobody knows what it looks like, thus the need to use a different creature for the mascot.

Oh, and by the way, I for one welcome our new insect overlord.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Watched the press conference on the Monsters website:

A few notes:

The way they're talking about the "whole state of Ohio" a lot in this press conference makes me think a Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL affiliation may be in the works and possibly announced very soon.

Sounds like they may be trying to get all Blue Jackets games on statewide (Cavaliers possibly moving over to Sportstime Ohio?)

No exhibition in Cleveland this fall (all four home dates already committed to Nationwide Arena). Sounds like it may happen in future seasons. My guess is the same issue will prevent a Monsters regular season game in Columbus this upcoming season.

Sounds like the Cavaliers and Blue Jackets business departments will be getting together and sharing ideas. Will be interesting to see if any ideas from one team get adopted by the other.

Last edited:

JacketsBuckeyeFan

Feb 4, 2014
Canton
I can only hope they are able to get the Jackets games available statewide. I'm sick and tired of not being able to watch the games because we are considered to be in Pens territory. It doesn't make any sense to me. I'm almost the same distance from Columbus as Pittsburgh. Even if Canton has that many Pens fans, I don't even think we are supposed to get Root Sports. It's literally a hidden channel which the only way to even know it's there is to push in the number. I still don't remember how I discovered it.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Watched the press conference on the Monsters website:

A few notes:

The way they're talking about the "whole state of Ohio" a lot in this press conference makes me think a Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL affiliation may be in the works and possibly announced very soon.

Sounds like they may be trying to get all Blue Jackets games on statewide (Cavaliers possibly moving over to Sportstime Ohio?)

No exhibition in Cleveland this fall (all four home dates already committed to Nationwide Arena). Sounds like it may happen in future seasons. My guess is the same issue will prevent a Monsters regular season game in Columbus this upcoming season.

Sounds like the Cavaliers and Blue Jackets business departments will be getting together and sharing ideas. Will be interesting to see if any ideas from one team get adopted by the other.

Screw the Cyclones, I want the Mighty Ducks back!

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
That's what I meant, just changing the patch from Avs to CBJ. My buddy really wants one of the 3rds with whoever we draft in the first round this year.

Unfortunately, Monsters customized jerseys are hard to get, and impossible in the case of the thirds. The team only sells screen printed customization for the home white and road black jerseys (only at the games, IIRC) and even that isn't very good (single color name/numbers, not sure if the sleeve numbers are included). The jerseys sold off the rack are all blanks.

By the way, if there's a website where I can order a decent LEM customized jersey from (I seem to remember River City Sports offering AHL customization at one point) that you are aware of, I'd like to know about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad