Pre-Game Talk: Jackets @ Panthers: Return of 7 PM starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I'm an hour or so north of you and I love the 7pm start times during the week.

Leave PSL around 4-4:30, get to Sunrise by 6-6:30. Get home by 11 or so.

My wife doesn’t get out of work till 5:30 glad it works for you but our schedule doesn’t allow us to leave that early.

Did they ever say why they moved them to 7?

The Panthers said it was at fans request. Wonder if it will be a ghost town for the first period or if more people will come if the games are earlier, we will see.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
im literally astonished people still call any game the panthers play, easy. this isnt a good roster. there are no easy games. were edmonton and ottawa easy games last year when we needed to make the playoffs? dude how can this be drilled into your brain so that you understand it? WE ARE THE EASY TEAM THAT OTHER PEOPLE MARK THEIR CALENDERS WITH. understand this.

Bit much over the top.

Pretty much everyone agrees, that includes the fans and the media and the so called experts put us as making the playoffs.

You sir, stand alone.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
It feels like the Panthers are the only team subject to a lockout. It is like our offseason extends 2 extra weeks compared to everyone else.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Vatrano-McCann-Malgin
Mamin-Lammikko-Brouwer

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
MacDonald-Petrovic

Starter: Reimer
That 4th line, no Haley or MacKenzie

Just hook it to my veins

hqdefault.jpg

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I like the new fourth line. Lammikko must be happy after his training camp.

This 7pm start time is rough. I need to leave work early to catch the start on TV. Can't imagine living in Florida and having to travel to the game.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Sceviour?
True, updated it. Brouwer was decent vs TBL I don't really have a preference of whether he sits or Mamin. But Haley and MacKenzie not in the lineup? Sign me up.

They may still opt to roll Mamin-Sceviour-Brouwer, no? Otherwise, I would assume one of Mamin/Brouwer sits.

I think they want a natural C. I don't think they'd call him up to have him sit.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I would try it again, just not in late game situations. Or we can just move Huberdeau to the 2nd unit, and have Yandle back on the point.

Yeah, Bob is right in that the 2-on-1 could have still happened with a defenseman out there. It just seemed Tampa was flying the zone aggressively because of the 5 forwards.

Just super unfortunate that Tampa got 2 bounces on that play. Puck hitting the ref and the rebound off Reim going right back to Cirelli.

-ghoste

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Is it already Thursday? Man that getting bored waiting so long for the next Game. Other Teams already played 3 Games and have 13-14 Goals against them. :D

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
The Panthers said it was at fans request. Wonder if it will be a ghost town for the first period or if more people will come if the games are earlier, we will see.

I brought it up in the Facebook group - mainly because it wasn't announced, and simple a few of us spotted earlier game times on the calendar - and it had a lot of responses. Maybe 2 or 3 people at most were into the new change, everyone else was pretty annoyed as it's so much harder to get across from the East with traffic at that time. Not a single person said they'd been asked about it by the org (I also saw the 'at fans request' thing mentioned), and I've certainly never seen it on any survey they've sent out.

Reactions: PanthersHockey1

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I brought it up in the Facebook group - mainly because it wasn't announced, and simple a few of us spotted earlier game times on the calendar - and it had a lot of responses. Maybe 2 or 3 people at most were into the new change, everyone else was pretty annoyed as it's so much harder to get across from the East with traffic at that time. Not a single person said they'd been asked about it by the org (I also saw the 'at fans request' thing mentioned), and I've certainly never seen it on any survey they've sent out.

I reached out to Matt Caldwell CEO expressing my similar concern and got no response. When I asked my ticket rep it was also the accommodation of families with children line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad