Pre-Game Talk: Jackets @ Panthers: Return of 7 PM starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayX

Mar 7, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I reached out to Matt Caldwell CEO expressing my similar concern and got no response. When I asked my ticket rep it was also the accommodation of families with children line.

That's a shame, I only ever mailed Matt once and he quickly made sure it was passed to someone who could help. There's plenty of games on Friday-Sunday (especially the Sat/Sun games where ice time isn't such an issue) to accommodate people with kids already, so that's a shame if that's what they're gonna stick with.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think it's better to just accept the Panthers have an 81 game season this year.

First game of the year is on Thursday guys!

TanInferiorIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
[mod]. first of all theyre missing seth jones from their lineup. hes already better than any panther D man. now add werenski to that and it gets ludicrous. thats 2 D's who are better than any of ours. their goalie is definitely better than luongo at this age and clearly more durable. their offense is around where ours is and arguments can go both ways on that. the jackets at full strength are clearly the better team. next year though, they will not be as panarin and bob both walk.

Do you even watch hockey? Seth Jones is NOT better than any Panther D man. If you are talking pure defense, I'll take Matheson over Jones any day of the week. Quarterbacking the power play, give me Yandle. Oh, never mind, I forgot, you hate the Panthers.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I brought it up in the Facebook group - mainly because it wasn't announced, and simple a few of us spotted earlier game times on the calendar - and it had a lot of responses. Maybe 2 or 3 people at most were into the new change, everyone else was pretty annoyed as it's so much harder to get across from the East with traffic at that time. Not a single person said they'd been asked about it by the org (I also saw the 'at fans request' thing mentioned), and I've certainly never seen it on any survey they've sent out.

Found this

Defend The Territory: Florida Panthers Release Full 2018-19 Schedule

One big change this season are that the start time for almost every home game has been changed to 7 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m., which had been the norm for years.
According to the team, change is to “enhance the overall game experience for families and our fans, including pre and post-game activities. This was a decision we spent a lot of time and consideration on and took into account fan feedback, which we weighed heavily.”
The Panthers experimented with 7 p.m. start times last season, but only on weekends.
The team attributes “countless surveys and other fan conversations” that were “in favor of the change” as the main reason for the new start time.
It’s worth noting that last season 22 of the NHL’s 31 teams started weekday home games at 7 p.m.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Long story short, Jackets like to feed the slot.
Probably shouldn't let that happen.

3/5 goals vs Avs earlier tonight:

y6Z4yjb.png

EI4ZAi5.png

nMlidIS.png

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Long story short, Jackets like to feed the slot.
Probably shouldn't let that happen.

3/5 goals vs Avs earlier tonight:

y6Z4yjb.png

EI4ZAi5.png

nMlidIS.png

You already know 100% that is exactly what will happen. Also, do they have anybody making their NHL debut or in the midst of a long goalless streak?

Reactions: Jakeybonz

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
You already know 100% that is exactly what will happen. Also, do they have anybody making their NHL debut or in the midst of a long goalless streak?

I expect nothing less than Petrovic to destroy MacDonald going for the same puck

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Do you even watch hockey? Seth Jones is NOT better than any Panther D man. If you are talking pure defense, I'll take Matheson over Jones any day of the week. Quarterbacking the power play, give me Yandle. Oh, never mind, I forgot, you hate the Panthers.
insane on both counts. jones can score goals on the pp. yandle only kinda sorta barely can sometimes. sure yandles got the edge in playmaking for maybe one more season, but jones kills him in all around play. and matheson??? dudes a turnover machine who also gets smoked by any player with even the slightest ability to deke. if u wouldn't trade any panther D for jones then its def. u who doesn't watch hockey. jones could easily have gone #1 in his draft and has proven why. I'd still take mack but jones has made a case for himself and gets better every game. he's a cornerstone D man. we thought we were getting one of those in ekblad but you didn't even feel the need to mention him because even in ur delusions, he still sucks balls. at least u had the grace not to bring him up.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Bit much over the top.

Pretty much everyone agrees, that includes the fans and the media and the so called experts put us as making the playoffs.

You sir, stand alone.
oh do I sir stand alone? I also sir stood alone when I said we didn't have a playoff roster the year following our division win. I also stood alone when vegas gave us 80% odds of making the playoffs at one point during last seasons "dominant surge" by saying it was mostly luck and the real teams would beat us out for the last spot. i stood alone when I said tallon would destroy our team if brought back after the computer boy saga and he promptly did just that without missing a beat. I stood alone b4 ekblads 3rd year in saying offering him a big contract early would be a huge mistake and that he was massively overrated. i stood alone in saying tippett had zero chance ofmaking the team in even his 2nd eligible year and i said that before his 1st try. it seems sir that standing alone on panthers forums is not bad company to be in.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
^ Once again it's easy to be negative. There are two sayings that fit many negative posts:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day and throw enough s*** against the wall and some will stick.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
oh do I sir stand alone? I also sir stood alone when I said we didn't have a playoff roster the year following our division win. I also stood alone when vegas gave us 80% odds of making the playoffs at one point during last seasons "dominant surge" by saying it was mostly luck and the real teams would beat us out for the last spot. i stood alone when I said tallon would destroy our team if brought back after the computer boy saga and he promptly did just that without missing a beat. I stood alone b4 ekblads 3rd year in saying offering him a big contract early would be a huge mistake and that he was massively overrated. i stood alone in saying tippett had zero chance ofmaking the team in even his 2nd eligible year and i said that before his 1st try. it seems sir that standing alone on panthers forums is not bad company to be in.
LOL, selective memory much?
Call me naive but I still think our roster after the division win was a playoff team if we didn't have a crazy amount of injuries and if we hadn't idiotically fired Gallant to replace him with Rowe. Last year, we missed by one point with 96 points - a second time in NHL history that a team with this amount of points missed - and nobody here was saying we were sure to make it; everyone knew it would be a tight race until the very last game. I hate what Tallon did with the expansion draft but he didn't destroy the team - he signed Dadonov which was one of the shrewdest offseason moves in the league and he found us a good coach. You were definitely not alone in criticising Ekblad's contract:
We knew this was coming, but at this point, that's too much.
Even if Ekblad has a very good 2016-17, he isn't going to break that 7.5M barrier.
So why take the risk to sign him now when he hasn't proven it (= improved all-around play, without being sheltered) yet? Wait until December/January at the very least.
[SoupyFin]
That's simply way too high valuation for a guy who still short of a year before his ELC expires. $6.5mil would be a whole lot more appropriate for eight years. [Jean Luc Discard]
I gotta say this is a bit too high. Ekblad is not a #1 all around yet and it will take another 2 years at least. [IceManCat]
Agree... Hiw can they give him that much more than Barkov? 7.5 mil per is way too much at this point in his career... Hope the source is misinformed on this one [ChinoOscar]
Personally, I think it's too much based off his two seasons so far. [ShootIt]
<<<This is just the first page of comments on Ekblad's contract. I can go on and on.

You also weren't alone in thinking Tippett wasn't going to make it this year. In fact, a lot of people here were wishing he was AHL eligible because he's not NHL ready and juniors might not be the best place for him.

But hey, whatever makes you feel good about yourself...

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Matheson and Yandle better than Jones ? I think you are selling one of the NHL’s best dmen short. Hockey News listed Jones as the top Norris candidate for this year FWIW the guy is a stud he’s what we would want Ekblad to be one day.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
insane on both counts. jones can score goals on the pp. yandle only kinda sorta barely can sometimes. sure yandles got the edge in playmaking for maybe one more season, but jones kills him in all around play. and matheson??? dudes a turnover machine who also gets smoked by any player with even the slightest ability to deke. if u wouldn't trade any panther D for jones then its def. u who doesn't watch hockey. jones could easily have gone #1 in his draft and has proven why. I'd still take mack but jones has made a case for himself and gets better every game. he's a cornerstone D man. we thought we were getting one of those in ekblad but you didn't even feel the need to mention him because even in ur delusions, he still sucks balls. at least u had the grace not to bring him up.

What team are you watching?

You record on doomed forecasts is impeccable.

Good job!

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Only the Panthers. Say we have a poor home opener and drop one to CBJ. Now we're 0-1-1, and staring up at everyone else and we haven't even begun the season yet. Only the Panthers get into this kind of weird crap.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Matheson and Yandle better than Jones ? I think you are selling one of the NHL’s best dmen short. Hockey News listed Jones as the top Norris candidate for this year FWIW the guy is a stud he’s what we would want Ekblad to be one day.

Yes, I think Matheson is a better defensive player than Jones and I also think Yandle can run the power play better than Jones. Jones can skate better than both of those guys, but certain aspects, they surpass Jones.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Yes, I think Matheson is a better defensive player than Jones and I also think Yandle can run the power play better than Jones. Jones can skate better than both of those guys, but certain aspects, they surpass Jones.

But overall Jones > Yandle and Matheson.

And I'm a big fan of Yandle and high on Matheson.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Only the Panthers. Say we have a poor home opener and drop one to CBJ. Now we're 0-1-1, and staring up at everyone else and we haven't even begun the season yet. Only the Panthers get into this kind of weird crap.
Don't worry, the NHL schedule gurus gave us three back to backs coming up in the next three weeks so we can catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad