Jenner-Nash-Anderson
Milano-Seldak -Duclair

Werenski-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara
Carlsson-Kukan

starter: Bobrovsky
Backup:Korpisalo

Injuries and scratches:
Brandon Dubinsky, Seth Jones and Scott Harrington are both out for Thursday's game
Markus Hannikainen, and Adam Clendening are expected to be healthy scratches

:panthers

Dadonov-Barkov-Bjugstad
Huberdeau-Trocheck-Hoffman
Vatrano-McCann-Malgin
Mamin-Lammikko-Sceviour

Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
MacDonald-Petrovic

Starter: Reimer
Backup: Hutchinson

Injuries and scratches:

Derek MacKenzie,Roberto Luongo (leg), Bogdan Kiselvitch (jaw), Jamie McGinn (back surgery), Mackenzie Weegar (shoulder), and Josh Brown (LBI) are out for Thursday's game

Troy Brouwer and Micheal Haley are expected to be healthy scratches

Player to watch:

reimer-panthe.jpg

The notoriously streaky James Reimer is on a high right now, ending 2018 going 7-1-1 with a 2.10GAA and .933Sv% before debuting this year with a very solid relief appearance vs the Lightning. He'll have to be at his best against one of the best goalies in the league, Sergei Bobrovsky.

Last edited:

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Florida never beats CBJ but a win would put Florida of to a great start, 3 of 4 points against tough opponents before an easy one against Vancouver. 2-0-1 is way better than 1-1-1
im literally astonished people still call any game the panthers play, easy. this isnt a good roster. there are no easy games. were edmonton and ottawa easy games last year when we needed to make the playoffs? dude how can this be drilled into your brain so that you understand it? WE ARE THE EASY TEAM THAT OTHER PEOPLE MARK THEIR CALENDERS WITH. understand this.

Reactions: MPGA

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
im literally astonished people still call any game the panthers play, easy. this isnt a good roster. there are no easy games. were edmonton and ottawa easy games last year when we needed to make the playoffs? dude how can this be drilled into your brain so that you understand it? WE ARE THE EASY TEAM THAT OTHER PEOPLE MARK THEIR CALENDERS WITH. understand this.
Seeing any team written off as an "easy win" for FL makes me cringe. Let's hope that one forward step taken this year is to beat the teams that they "should". They've already shown they can beat the teams that they "shouldn't".
I hope FL is the EASY TEAM that BETTER TEAMS overlook, FL will feast on those teams.

Reactions: Jakeybonz

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees

I would take our roster over the Jackets roster 10 times out of 10.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I dont like to say but, its can happen again. Bobrovsky is a good Goalie and the Offens from Columbus is good. I really can see another Tampa Game but a bit tougher.

And i would like to re open the PP Theme. Some here say, its been wrong to place barkov down the Line.
But overall it is the right decision, aslong you keep everone together. Only to remember while, Yandle was the only D with the PP unit Barkov played the Position Hoffmann play on the current PP. And the better shot of both has Hoffmann.

Would this make sense?
PP1 left Trocheck, Net Position Barkov, Slot Dadonov, right Malgin, D yandle
PP2 left Huberdeau, Net Position McCann, Slot Vatrano, right Hoffmann, D Matheson/Ekblad

explantion about PP" Unit, Bjugstad might be a better in the Infront Net battling, while McCann is the better player for redirections. If they wanna really go back to the old model from last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clint

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I would take our roster over the Jackets roster 10 times out of 10.
[mod]. first of all theyre missing seth jones from their lineup. hes already better than any panther D man. now add werenski to that and it gets ludicrous. thats 2 D's who are better than any of ours. their goalie is definitely better than luongo at this age and clearly more durable. their offense is around where ours is and arguments can go both ways on that. the jackets at full strength are clearly the better team. next year though, they will not be as panarin and bob both walk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hopefully it wont be the tail of "we ran into a hot goalie" excues while 95% of our shots hit the goalie's logo

Reactions: Jakeybonz

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
[mod]

Dubinsky is out up to six weeks, so hopefully without him, we have a chance against the great, generational Columbus Blue Jackets. Van Riemsdyk is out long term for Philly as well, so maybe we might, just might have a chance against these powerhouses, before we get relegated to the Chinese B League.

Last edited by a moderator:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Columbus is still without Jones, we won't get a better chance to beat them. It's our home opener so let's do it :)

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
the jackets at full strength are clearly the better team.

They might have some individual players that are better than our counterparts but as a team they are worse than the Cats. Outside of their best 4-5 players they don't have anything note worthy, just bunch of rag tag bottom6ers. Bobrovsky isn't that great either, competes for the Vezina on some year and then on the next succumbs to the middle of the pack. Too shaky goat lender, allows too many soft goals every once in a while. The Cats have a lot of holes in the lineup but still better than what Lumbus can dish out.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
So are we going to try that 5 forward power play again? Small sample size but our worst fears were realized.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
We will lose, we will win, we are better, we are worse. Everybody with the extremes, we lie somewhere in the middle. Hate to break this to you, but you can't avoid the emotional roller coaster of the unknown. It's hard, I know, with the history of this franchise.
I'm just hoping they get their game going, try and get to the level of play want to get to, and get into the playoffs while doing so. This is still a work in progress.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
They might have some individual players that are better than our counterparts but as a team they are worse than the Cats. Outside of their best 4-5 players they don't have anything note worthy, just bunch of rag tag bottom6ers. Bobrovsky isn't that great either, competes for the Vezina on some year and then on the next succumbs to the middle of the pack. Too shaky goat lender, allows too many soft goals every once in a while. The Cats have a lot of holes in the lineup but still better than what Lumbus can dish out.
yea but those 4-5 players clearly have a massive impact. look at how they closed out the year vs. how we did. they won the games they had to and kicked our ass while we lost to tanking teams. they were clearly superior last year. way more than their record even showed. and we were insanely lucky injury-wise. i dont think people get how much that helped us down the stretch. we also got crazy lucky in tons of games we were outplayed in. all things being equal we were about an 88 point team. that roster in no way deserved playoffs. and the roster this year barely does. thats why we'll nearly miss or just scrape by. just not good enough for me. i dont know why that is for anyone else here. thats really what all the animosity for me boils down to. i understand the roster is bad and am sick of it after 25 years of suck, and most other people dont and are not.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
7PM starts are gonna suck for those of us that travel a decent amt for games. I come from Lake worth and it was hard enough to make 7:30 games.

I'm an hour or so north of you and I love the 7pm start times during the week.

Leave PSL around 4-4:30, get to Sunrise by 6-6:30. Get home by 11 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad