Proposal: Jackets/Oilers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Who is the saviour at LD? Klefbom? Nurse?

They need NHL defensemen regardless of handedness.
Klefbom,Nurse,Russell,Sekera,Jones,Gravel ..
All are NHLers 4 of which can pass as top 4 Dmen
LD is the easiest roster spot to fill and C the hardest.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Who is the saviour at LD? Klefbom? Nurse?

They need NHL defensemen regardless of handedness.

We need a top pairing RD to play with Klefbom. Klef is an excellent #2 and Nurse paired with Larsson was an excellent shutdown pairing. We also have good d prospects in Bouchard, Jones and Bear.

Upfront we have 3 top 6 players and no sure thing top 6 prospects. Hopefully one of Puljujarvi or Yamamoto develop but they might be middle 6 wingers at best.

We can’t shop Draisaitl for a LD. Just bad asset management

Reactions: spaghtti

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's pretty optimistic is all I'll say.

Klefbom - ?
Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bear/Bouchard

To fill that top need likely Bouchard++ needs to be on the table

Depending on who we could get with that package this could turn into the strength of the organization within a season

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
You're kidding no one. This is awful for Edmonton.

Since you quoted my post, please tell me where I say that it's awesome for Edmonton, or that it's a steal for Edmonton, or Edmonton walks out ahead?

I was simply explaining what Columbus' position would likely be. I never said Edmonton would agree. I'm not sure what inclined you to hit reply.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Klefbom - ?
Nurse - Larsson
Jones - Bear/Bouchard

To fill that top need likely Bouchard++ needs to be on the table

Depending on who we could get with that package this could turn into the strength of the organization within a season

I'm not saying trade Drai for it. I'm just saying the Oilers don't really need a right-handed D more than left-handed. They need both.

Neither Klefbom or Larsson should be on the top pairing without someone much better than they are and there's a whole lot of junk playing behind them right now.

And to be fair, even though Jones is left-handed, he's playing the right side in Bako, so that's the top three D prospects all playing on the right.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
OP is an easy no from this CBJ fan...Drai is good, but Cam is cheaper and fits the team more...a year ago, I'd have said yes...but Cam has been too good with Panarin and Dubois

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
if you start a post insulting the other party in the thread, why even post?

As for the topic both fan bases would rather have their guys. Columbus fans likely feel due to point totals that Atkinson is at least close to Drai.

Oil fans feel Drai is better and that Atkinson is riding a hot streak(edit: a Panarin streak)and Wennberg hasn't returned to form since his 16-17 season.
If you think Cam is riding Panarin you havent watched a second of cbj hockey. Cam has put the team on his back Panarin at times has looked checked out. He is on a 12 game pt streak right now and Panarin sure isn't.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I don’t like the deal for Cbus. It makes us a worse team if we trade them away, Drai is the best player, but he’s not good enough to make me feel comfortable trading away our 1RW and 2C.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
And a week ago it looked like he forgot how to play hockey.

Definitely not a player I'd bank on.

A week ago he was *only* playing 25 minutes. Defencemen make mistakes. It happens. Our board sucks at evaluating defencemen - everyone drools over Parayko but Klefbom is by far the better defencemanz

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I feel like if CBJ made a trade like this, they could increase their chances in persuading panarin and bobrovsky into staying.

I think Jackets would only be interested in this trade if they write off this year, which is the trade Panarin scenario. You'd think at his age that Draisaitl has room to improve his game, so it makes some sense for the Jackets' future, but for this year it's lateral or a downgrade. Atkinson scores in bunches seemingly regardless of who is feeding him. Interestingly it was Wennberg feeding Cam for a couple shorties (ahem) recently. The Oilers would get the Jackets best PK duo.

From the Oilers perspective it might be an improvement for this year but enough with the panic moves. This ain't the season, be patient.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Werenski for Draisaitl makes a lot more sense to me.

I get why both sides don't like the original deal. But it's not as far off as EDM fans think it is. Atkinson alongside McDavid would be NUTS.

Like how Hall was nots beside McDavid or Kessel’s. with Crosby nuts ? Just because fans say it is so doesn’t make it so.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Klefbom,Nurse,Russell,Sekera,Jones,Gravel ..
All are NHLers 4 of which can pass as top 4 Dmen
LD is the easiest roster spot to fill and C the hardest.

LOL . I am an Oiler fan and you are just wrong .
Klefbom is a top 4 D . When he on his game he is probably a number 2 or 3 but until he able to do it consistently he a 4 , Nurse is a 4 when he on his game but again until he brings that every night he should be a #5 . Russell’s contract did not look good but to date he has earned his money but ideally he a bottom pairing . Sekera has not played a game in almost 2 years . We don’t even know if he is NHL caliber at this point . Gravel is a number 7 . Jones who I Love as a prospect and would bet on becoming a better D then Nurse is is an AHLer right now . Calling him a top 4 D before he has even set foot on a NHL ice crazy talk .

LW is the easiest , then RW , the LD . C and RHD are the hardest .

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
And a week ago it looked like he forgot how to play hockey.

Definitely not a player I'd bank on.

Klefbom is an excellent #2. Nobody said he’s #1. We haven’t had one since Pronger.

The need definitely is at RD though if an excellent #1 LD was available we’d definitely target him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad