Proposal: Jackets/Oilers

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
To CBJ: Draisaitl

To Edm: Wennberg, Atkinson

I feel like if CBJ made a trade like this, they could increase their chances in persuading panarin and bobrovsky into staying. Maybe not even this trade in general but what if instead of trading Bob or Panarin, they traded for someone they wanted to play with? Do you think they'd stay?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Cam has as many points as Draisaitl, makes three million less and has a no move and has starte multiple times he wants to retire with Columbus. On top of that you want Wennberg?

Plus Cam and panarin are close, trading him didn't help cbj keep panarin.

Yeah, no.

Reactions: Captain Controversy

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Cam has as many points as Draisaitl, makes three million less and has a no move and has starte multiple times he wants to retire with Columbus. On top of that you want Wennberg?

Plus Cam and panarin are close, trading him didn't help cbj keep panarin.
You're kidding no one. This is awful for Edmonton.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Big pass. Atkinsson is good, but I don't think he holds the kind of value to get close to Draisaitl. Wennberg - well, he's looking more and more like Sam Gagner as time goes on. He wouldn't have a spot where he would flourish on Edmonton.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Absolutely not interested from an Edmonton POV, it’s terrible. Dealing Draisaitl for two lesser pieces - one of which has one goal and nine over his last two seasons - would be yet another fire worthy offense. Atkinson is not good enough to bridge the massive downgrade at C to Wennberg, and Wennberg isn’t good enough to bridge the RW downgrade.

‘I feel like if CBJ did this a bunch of good stuff would happen’ but no mention of why on Earth Edmonton would consider this (because they wouldn’t)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
No interest in moving Draisaitl. I’d roll the dice on Wennberg though if Columbus is interested in something around Yamamoto

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Absolutely not interested from an Edmonton POV, it’s terrible. Dealing Draisaitl for two lesser pieces - one of which has one goal and nine over his last two seasons - would be yet another fire worthy offense. Atkinson is not good enough to bridge the massive downgrade at C to Wennberg, and Wennberg isn’t good enough to bridge the RW downgrade.

‘I feel like if CBJ did this a bunch of good stuff would happen’ but no mention of why on Earth Edmonton would consider this (because they wouldn’t)
Atkinson
Wennberg
2019 1st
2019 3rd

Does this get the ball rolling?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Nothing wrong with Cam Atkinsson. I'd happily take him as our 1st line RW. However you won't find a lot of takers if the prices is a 22 year old 70+ point forward.

Edmonton only considers trading Drai for a legit #1D and those don't really become available all that often.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'll just leave this here...

Not that I'm saying Edmonton should be happy with this trade idea; I've gotten used to thinking of Draisaitl as a winger because of his time alongside McDavid (and with that I'm pretty sure I've revealed that I don't watch the Oilers often enough ;) ), and so it doesn't make any sense for them either. But still. Somebody here's getting a little underrated.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Draisaitl + Bouchard

Jones

1D for 1c + A prospect.

Both clubs likely hate it. Jones is probably the least likely to be traded D in the league yet if any club has the depth to lose a #1 it’s Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad