Dreger: Jackets looking to acquire a top line center in the offseason

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Except all the previous players coming back to live in the city after their careers. Or the number of previous players saying otherwise.

And we don't "draw star talent" here because our GM doesn't believe in building through FA. It's not like Columbus has a hard time trading for players because we're on so many NTCs across the league. It's not like Columbus is some small boring city, it's the 14th largest American city and 13th largest city the NHL.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
" old school GM" ? Call Bergevin if you are interested in Suzuki.
Montreal isn't trading suzuki. 0 chance. He's habs defacto no 1 C and is on pace for 50+ pts as a 21 year old. Habs have been looking for C's for 30 years. Jones is obviously worth more, but habs best prospects are on D.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Would Flames trade Monahan just to move his caphit?
I don't think it's gone quite that far. It probably depends whether he is hurt or not. There have been whispers there is an injury. His value has taken a beating either way though. I'd move him for a late 1st or equivalent prospect.

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
Kuznetsov for Laine who's going to surpass Ovechkin cause he was had more goals than him in the nhl at 19 :laugh:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Montreal isn't trading suzuki. 0 chance. He's habs defacto no 1 C and is on pace for 50+ pts as a 21 year old. Habs have been looking for C's for 30 years. Jones is obviously worth more, but habs best prospects are on D.

I agree. I'm just making fun of MBs lust for players like Jones as MB fits that " old school" category "

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
3-way deal with sign and trade for and Jones for Zibanejad.

Eichel to Rangers for Laff/Kakko +Miller + firstrounders.

Jones to Rangers for Zibanejad.

Out of the other proposals I think Hertl is a stud and he would be great but what could Jarmo offer apart from firstrounders?

Don't think Jones would sign long term in San Jose since it looks like the Sharks are in for a loooong rebuild.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
3-way deal with sign and trade for and Jones for Zibanejad.

Eichel to Rangers for Laff/Kakko +Miller + firstrounders.

Jones to Rangers for Zibanejad.

Out of the other proposals I think Hertl is a stud and he would be great but what could Jarmo offer apart from firstrounders?

Don't think Jones would sign long term in San Jose since it looks like the Sharks are in for a loooong rebuild.
Leave Buffalo out of this.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don’t know if it’s been discussed, but is there a way for Columbus to upgrade from one of their centre options to get Seguin?

Would a package like Domi + Peeke + Toronto 1st round pick be even close? Just throwing some ideas out there, not too familiar with CBJ prospect pool.

Seguin, Roslovic, Texier down the middle going forward. I’d expect one of them to emerge as a legitimate option at 2C to give a complete top 6.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Monahan?

He’s not an ideal 1C but he’s a top 6 centre, Flames might be willing to shake things up. Not sure Flames needs are if Monahan was traded.
Columbus needs a playmaker at center not monohan . Johnny hockey converted maybe

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Borderline 1C based on production but Strome is probably available in exchange for someone with some real sandpaper

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Offersheet Pettersson and see if he's interested

7 years 10M.

If he is, you get an elite 1C for his prime but take the risk of losing 4 1sts and missing out on Wright, Bedard, Mitchkov

However he is the best 1C they could target and obtain. If they're fine with tanking then go all in and tank for Wright next year and hope the lotto is in their favor

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
He sure scores like one and would be on CBJ but no worries if you don’t want him
The only reason he is scoring at the pace he is, is because he is playing with an elite talent in Panarin. Look at what Columbus does to players' offensive game. Strome would not be very good there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Doubt it happens and don't really want or hope it to happen but I wonder if Columbus kicks the tires on Stamkos. He's got a ntc or nmc so I don't know what his interest is but I think he would retire before leaving tampa to be honest but he would be a star player who they could build around and get fans excited about the team. It's a long shot but the thought crossed my mind.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don’t know if it’s been discussed, but is there a way for Columbus to upgrade from one of their centre options to get Seguin?

Would a package like Domi + Peeke + Toronto 1st round pick be even close? Just throwing some ideas out there, not too familiar with CBJ prospect pool.

Seguin, Roslovic, Texier down the middle going forward. I’d expect one of them to emerge as a legitimate option at 2C to give a complete top 6.
Full NMC, with a signing bonus heavy deal in a no-state tax state. He isn’t gonna waive to go to Columbus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad