Dreger: Jackets looking to acquire a top line center in the offseason

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This thread will de-evolve quickly but 1) I don't see many #1 centers available and 2) I'm not sure Columbus has what it takes to get one unless they gut another position on the team (such as defense). Maybe they dangle Jones or Werenski? Take a run at Eichel?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Good luck finding one. Doubt Eichel is itching to flee Buffalo for Columbus. Does Monahan qualify? Couture?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
This thread will de-evolve quickly but 1) I don't see many #1 centers available and 2) I'm not sure Columbus has what it takes to get one unless they gut another position on the team (such as defense). Maybe they dangle Jones or Werenski? Take a run at Eichel?

neither even sniffs Eichel. Buffalo has Dahlin at LD. Not trading Eichel for an older 1 yr rental

Reactions: hn777

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
The first thing you do is look at the UFA list.
Then you look at the expire contract list.
Next you look at teams with more than 1 top center (1c), or aging centers on teams that want to elevate a younger player into that position.
If you can't find one above. You're screwed because nobody is trading away their 1c.

EDIT: I forgot a step where you look for players that want out of their current organization. After that drafting one is your last shot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad