Dreger: Jackets looking to acquire a top line center in the offseason

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Whenever I watch Jones (over the last 2 years) he looks like ass. Has he had an injury or something?

He's been playing through some kind of injury this year, Torts suggested he'd need some procedure after the year. Nothing super obvious though.

The bigger thing with Jones I think is that Torts has turned them into a turtling defensive team, and if Seth Jones isn't racing around the ice and stepping up on people then you're kind of wasting what makes him special. He was a lot more valuable in the rush heavy system they had a few years ago.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I feel Kuznetzov is rhe best fit. Everything could go through him- I think he likes that game.

Eichel could be the man, but I dont know if gjat is right for Eichel- Ny Rangers feels more Rangers.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I realize this is a "Columbus needs a 1C" thread, however, I'm going to interject that Columbus also needs a 3C. One that is responsible and can win a faceoff. I'd love to see them target Sean Kuraly of Boston (not because he's a Columbus kid). He'd be a really good fit in Columbus and as a UFA, he might be one worth going after with a 3 year deal.

Reactions: cslebn

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I realize this is a "Columbus needs a 1C" thread, however, I'm going to interject that Columbus also needs a 3C. One that is responsible and can win a faceoff. I'd love to see them target Sean Kuraly of Boston (not because he's a Columbus kid). He'd be a really good fit in Columbus and as a UFA, he might be one worth going after with a 3 year deal.

Apparently he took a big step back in Boston this year. I'd still have some interest in him, and hope for a bounceback into a bigger role, but we couldn't go into next season planning on him as a 3C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad