Rumor: Jackets interested in Perron, Seguin?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Unless we're trading Johansen +, or Murray +, we won't get seguin.

Seguin kind of bugs me. Not that mature of a guy. I wouldn't do Murray + 14th (yes, same deal I would do for Mackinnon).

But Seguin would still help us out quite a bit, I'd do Johansen + 14th + 44th.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We know nothing about these guys' character as NHL players.

Eh, I can guess I'd like them more than Seguin.

But with a minutes thought, if no other move for a top forward is available then Murray+Jenner for Seguin probably does make us a better team. My heart says no.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Murray is also a top pick. Why would it be a kings ransom on top of Murray for Seguin. That would just be a bad, bad trade. Seguin has not proven that he is a top line player. His ppg average the last few seasons doesn't exactly strike me as the type we should sell the farm for.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Eh, I can guess I'd like them more than Seguin.

But with a minutes thought, if no other move for a top forward is available then Murray+Jenner for Seguin probably does make us a better team. My heart says no.

Bottom line is we need scoring. JK couldn't be more obvious when speaking on the subject, specifically stating that we can't try to win every game 2-1. If he can get a bona-fide scorer while losing two prospects, I think he'd pull the trigger. Seguin would also be a "brick" to build on, still incredibly young, signed, and with unlimited potential.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As long as the pick isn't a first, that would be amazing. Getting Seguin and still having 3 first round picks and not losing a roster player?? Genius if they can pull it off.

I have to disagree. If we could trade Murray (as much as i hate even saying it) and use Seguin as our #1 of the future and then make a decision of what to do after that. Personally i think if Anisimov works out for a full year you could use Seguin, Anisimov and Jenner down the middle for a pretty reasonable cap hit and maybe look to trade Johansen for a future upgrade on either the wing or the D to fill the major gap in our future Murray would leave. That is if any of this is even true

Edit: guess i should add if we could trade Murray and keep Jenner. thats kinda the whole basis of my post and i left it out

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 54s
Told #CBJ have had talks with #STLBlues about a trade that would involve David Perron. #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen will not comment.

hoo-boy. buckle up, boys.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I have to disagree. If we could trade Murray (as much as i hate even saying it) and use Seguin as our #1 of the future and then make a decision of what to do after that. Personally i think if Anisimov works out for a full year you could use Seguin, Anisimov and Jenner down the middle for a pretty reasonable cap hit and maybe look to trade Johansen for a future upgrade on either the wing or the D to fill the major gap in our future Murray would leave. That is if any of this is even true

Edit: guess i should add if we could trade Murray and keep Jenner. thats kinda the whole basis of my post and i left it out

I think we could tell thats what you meant.

But I'd also beg Jarmo to try and trade Johan instead of Murray. Throw in a couple extra picks too if you have to. If we have Seguin and Anisimov we won't have much use for Johansen.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 54s
Told #CBJ have had talks with #STLBlues about a trade that would involve David Perron. #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen will not comment.

hoo-boy. buckle up, boys.

GMJK is going after his top line. Perron is a left wing. A top line of Perron-Seguin-Gaborik and a second line of Foligno-Anisimov-Atkinson is not too bad.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think we could tell thats what you meant.

But I'd also beg Jarmo to try and trade Johan instead of Murray. Throw in a couple extra picks too if you have to. If we have Seguin and Anisimov we won't have much use for Johansen.

Oh for sure, i'm in the same thinking as you are. But as Boston fans are quick to point out they do have Krejci and Bergeron down the middle so they may have no interest in Johansen. As annoying as that is it does make sense

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The guys on TSN making a great point that the reason Boston wants to deal Seguin is because they don't want to pay the kind of money he's due for a guy who played on their third line for the playoff run. In 22 playoff games, he had one goal, eight points, and a -2 rating. While I get the desire to add him, I agree with the above sentiment that adding to Ryan Murray makes this an unfair deal on our part. Both guys are recent #2 overall picks, with similar upside as top line players .. while Seguin has proven more than Murray has, Murray is two years younger, and is making a LOT less money.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Wondering what the asking price is for Perron, a guy who has injury history, but clearly Jarmo is a fan of him. If it's not too high, that's a guy I like bringing on board ... a competitive, skilled left wing.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I like Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson better

Personally i would like Perron-Anisimov-Atkinson. It's easy to love Calvert like everyone does and they are an effective line but is he better served as a checking/energy line type guy that also provides offense? I love the kid but i wonder if he'll keep developing into a legitimate 2nd liner. We could still have Calvert with 2 of Umby/Foligno/Dubinsky/Letestu to form a pretty good 3rd line

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Personally i would like Perron-Anisimov-Atkinson. It's easy to love Calvert like everyone does and they are an effective line but is he better served as a checking/energy line type guy that also provides offense? I love the kid but i wonder if he'll keep developing into a legitimate 2nd liner. We could still have Calvert with 2 of Umby/Foligno/Dubinsky/Letestu to form a pretty good 3rd line

I'd be fine with that. My problem was having Foligno on the 2nd line.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I realize we need to score more, but giving up another of our defensive prospects while we are thin on the blue line doesn't seem too smart.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
A lot of talk on the mains that Seguin is not the center many had projected him to be.

I don't think it's not that at all. He lost his goal scoring in the playoffs as he played on the 3rd line but the most impressive thing about him much like Johansen is his two-way play so even if he isn't scoring he's not actually hurting the team. Still makes me nervous to give up Murray+ but to just talk about the type of player the kid is he's good. As soon as somebody is brought up in trade talk all their flaws are made known

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad