Post-Game Talk: Jackets def. Canucks - 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Seriously we have to put up with a team holding a playoff spots fans crying about their “skid”. I mean I guess you lost your team 25 years ago. But this is 8 years of crap. Winnipeg vs Vancouver since they got back is a one way street.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Folks…this is what it looks like when management and/or coaching has lost the room. It’s not going to get better until those things are addressed. And when they are addressed you may “magically” see improvements…
Lost the room implies they had the room (or if they did, it was as long as guys take to do a number one in the bathroom [unless they drank a ton of beers]) in the first place.

edit: they had the room in year one of the Benning regime. *SIX* years ago.

Reactions: mossey3535

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Lost the room implies they had the room (or if they did, it was as long as guys take to do a number one in the bathroom [unless they drank a ton of beers]) in the first place.

edit: they had the room in year one of the Benning regime. *SIX* years ago.

I don’t think this is a recent thing at all. I think if you add up the stuff in the last year alone it just went from tidal wave to tsunamai:
  • Treatment of Stecher, Tanev, Marky, Toffoli
  • Hanging the players and coaching staff out to dry on Covid
  • Same for the Virtanen situation
  • The Virtanen situation in and of itself
  • Schmidt wanting out
  • Edler rejecting an extension and heading to free agency
  • Not prioritizing the contracts for top players
  • riding the likes of Petan and Chiasson in pre-season
  • Waiving system players in favor of tryouts
  • Replacing top PP guys with Chiasson on the first unit
  • Doing the same thing over and over despite it not working (PK, PP, take your pick on other things)
Not everything is going to affect all players or anything but it’s been a deluge of directionless meanderings from all the people who are supposed to be in charge and providing leadership.

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Just watched Pettersson's effort on that empty net goal last night. Skated like a guy waiting for the coach to get fired.

Or like a guy at the end of a 90 second shift… probably a bit of both with some thinking Domi had lost control of the puck. I mean I’ve seen bad back checks in my life and they don’t normally start with someone skating hard for 100+ feet first. Perhaps this was a case of that or perhaps it’s a case of optics right now with a player that isn’t performing. Could have done more probably but that gets said about every player on this team right now.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat have combined for 13 goals and 30 points.......and we are 1/4 of the way through the season.

Johnny Hockey has 9 goals. 14 assists..23 points....

Reactions: lawrence

tantalum

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat have combined for 13 goals and 30 points.......and we are 1/4 of the way through the season.

Johnny Hockey has 9 goals. 14 assists..23 points....

yes…and a few years ago many were saying very similar things about him. Not professional. If he wanted to be there. Where is his production? Should the flames trade him? Should they blow up the core? Maybe they just had a leadership problem behind the bench and when that was solved players rebounded. Maybe it’s because of a contract year.

Of course there is more lack of leadership here but things can change in quite a hurry on the ice when other things are fixed. Which is why it’s imperative those things get fixed first.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
yes…and a few years ago many were saying very similar things about him. Not professional. If he wanted to be there. Where is his production? Should the flames trade him? Should they blow up the core? Maybe they just had a leadership problem behind the bench and when that was solved players rebounded. Maybe it’s because of a contract year.

Of course there is more lack of leadership here but things can change in quite a hurry on the ice when other things are fixed. Which is why it’s imperative those things get fixed first.
I'm not sure what the problem is with the Canucks system, but clearly the players cant wrap their heads around it..Part of me suspects that Brad Shaw and his X's and O's (mixed in with Greens strategy) is just confusing the players (JT Miller in practice the other day..'wtf are we supposed to be doing?)...

After last season, a lot of people had the Flames as a bubble team that most likely misses the playoffs this season..(exactly where the Canucks were predicted as well)..The Flames bought in to the coach, the Canucks didnt, and are now playing as individuals...Even though, there has been no collective buy in from the team, the combined garbage production of EP,BB, and Bo is inexcusable.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I won’t post anything libel but I’ve literally heard the opposite from someone I believe 100%.
I could be incredibly wrong, in all honesty if something came out about him I wouldnt deny it, truth be told his handling of the media and their ridiculous questions was welcome in my view….I want to see more NHL players speak their minds and show personality

Petey is young, I think he knows he needs to do more and his struggles are frustrations are gonna manifest in the dressing room, he wouldn’t be laughing and joking around these days cause the team is in shambles

new coach new GM and I think things change in the dressing too

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Strange emotions watching this game.

On the one hand I want them to lose because of the (mis) management. On the other hand the players played so hard I wished they could win because they deserved this one.

Quinn Hughes was phenomenal this game. He really showed a Norris level quality to his game, both ends of the ice.

Podkolzin was also relentless and fantastic. Love him!

Tyler Myers was so tragic though. He should be put on unconditional wavers for the level of play he showed this game and recently. I can't believe OEL has to clean up this guys garbage every game.
But on a positive note, Tyler could be the Tank Commander we need!

Reactions: Indiana

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don’t think this is a recent thing at all. I think if you add up the stuff in the last year alone it just went from tidal wave to tsunamai:
  • Treatment of Stecher, Tanev, Marky, Toffoli
  • Hanging the players and coaching staff out to dry on Covid
  • Same for the Virtanen situation
  • The Virtanen situation in and of itself
  • Schmidt wanting out
  • Edler rejecting an extension and heading to free agency
  • Not prioritizing the contracts for top players
  • riding the likes of Petan and Chiasson in pre-season
  • Waiving system players in favor of tryouts
  • Replacing top PP guys with Chiasson on the first unit
  • Doing the same thing over and over despite it not working (PK, PP, take your pick on other things)
Not everything is going to affect all players or anything but it’s been a deluge of directionless meanderings from all the people who are supposed to be in charge and providing leadership.
Toxic work environment makes people underperform. Nobody is going to admit it but when everything around you is shit, you just can’t get yourself to put in the effort. It’s human nature. There is a reason why successful <anything> prioritizes culture above all else. The Canucks org has created and fostered a shitty culture and this is the effect.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Hey there, glad to see you. Welcome to our little corner of internet purgatory.

The team is spinning out. Owner, manager, coach, and all the players waiting to see who's going to be the first domino to fall.

Pete's in a total shell. Locker room's a lord of the flies nightmare. Culture has collapsed. Captain's a zombie. Owner's delusional. Manager's clinically disabled. Assistant manager's a soul-draining parademon masquerading as a human being leeching off human misery. Other than that, things are cool.

Not really interested in losing anyone big until new management at the very least. We're all living in hope that Papa Aquilini finally takes little Franco's toy away from him and gives the people of Vancouver a glimpse of the sun at long, long, last and brings in new a Pres and GM.

Only then can hope begin for the future.
You have Ginger Papa on your board. That's outweighs all negativity.

Reactions: Indiana

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Quinn Hughes was phenomenal this game. He really showed a Norris level quality to his game, both ends of the ice.
If that is Norris level i don;'t know what to say. Hughes won't ever sniff Norris . Makar is just much better than him on every level. Hughy is not prime Erik Karlsson. who could score 20G and 80 pts. This reminds me of the Petey is McJesus tier talk from 2 years ago.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad