Confirmed with Link: JACK JOHNSON BOUGHT OUT

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Rutherford always does this.

He makes a bad move and tries to fix it. The issue is he's often made another dumb move immediately after trying to fix the previous issue. Trading for Reaves and going into 2017-2018 without a proper third line center. Then paying a king's ransom for Brassard. Then trading Brassard for Bjugstad and and McCann.

Granted Brassard not working out and Bjugstad being injured weren't necessarily his fault. I'm just worried Rutherford is going to take the remaining $4.2M and waste it on Fleury or something else. The Penguins send Pettersson to Vegas for Fleury at 50% retention and sign Tanev or something silly like that. I know that's a bit extreme, but it's something I'm very weary about. I'm just hoping whatever they decide to do they're very smart about the remaining cap they have left and don't give out anymore dumb contracts.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
4hh6l3.jpg

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I will say this about Rutherford. At least he isn't afraid to cut the cord and admit mistakes. He also moved Maata recently and that was another mistake.

Legit, you are 1000% false on this. Maatta is hopeless in the East.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I like how JR tried to rewrite history by saying JJ is a good 3rd paring d while paying him like a top 4 and forcing(no doubt)
Sullivan to give him top 4 minutes. Idiot.....

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Shell shocked. We might actually have a chance of winning a playoff series again, but didn't see this coming.

Not gonna lie, think I'll miss complaining about Johnson. What a meme it's been.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
None of this was Jack Johnson’s fault

Article isn’t wrong (about him taking the contract, getting the ice time) but I dont feel any sympathy for Johnson personally.

I get there’s a human side to these things and I usually side with the players... and I understand his life’s work has been hockey, which could be done with. And I’m sure he’s a good dude.

But man, it really feels like he got gifted a free lifeline here after being scratched in CBJ, both contractually and on the ice w/ 150 games here. A lot of players would have been done after that. He lucked out.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
It just felt like JR felt sorry for him and gave him an insane contract. But pro hockey is a business and contracts like that destroys teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad