GDT: Jack is back! Sharks @ Devils - 7:00 PM - ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His faceoff stuff is becoming a circus.

I'm also pretty sure he was on the ice for every single goal the Sharks scored tonight.
He was -3 for the game, and he was on the ice for the goal on the penalty kill I think? So no minus for that.

He was definitely not on the ice for either of the goals we scored. So maybe one goal he wasn't on the ice for.

He wasn't on the ice for the fourth Sharks goal. The one from Karlsson.

If he can't get 7 more points in the next 15 games, he'll have fewer points than Tedenby did in 120 NHL games LOL. I bet good old Jacob Josefson had that many points after 105 NHL games, though I'm sure fewer goals. I don't think he's had as lengthy of extreme goal droughts though either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
For what it’s worth, Chico and Matt saying not lack of effort in 2d, but repeated boneheaded mistakes on D leaving shooters all alone uncovered in front of Blackwood with all the time in the world. Breakdowns not lack of effort.

Bit of homerism. You don't want to say the team you covered weren't trying.

But they were not skating that 2nd period. They lost every battle. Where constantly out of position. Flubbing every pass.

It was really bad.

Reactions: John Pedro

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
It was WAY more then 3 breakdowns. Just 3 went into the net because Blackwood had to save their asses to keep it from being 6 or 7-0

And it was way more than just the defensive lapses. It was the turnovers in both the neutral zone and offensive zone. We tried too hard to skate through the Sharks instead of simplifying it. Not saying we should have played a dump and chase game, but our game was predictable and the sharks pounced on it.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

And it was way more than just the defensive lapses. It was the turnovers in both the neutral zone and offensive zone. We tried too hard to skate through the Sharks instead of simplifying it. Not saying we should have played a dump and chase game, but our game was predictable and the sharks pounced on it.
You don’t have to say we should have played dump and chase because Brian Boucher wore that point out pretty good in his commentary right?

Reactions: Devilsfan992

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
What the hell happened to Ty Smith in the span of 6 months?

He’s lost.

They had him killing an extra year in Spokane in hopes he’d season even more but he had done all he could and was idling waiting for a slot. Then he finally gets here and had the learning curve everyone does adapting to the speed and skill. Now he’s primed to move into the spotlight finishing strong only to see Hamilton and Graves move in while he’s hurt and misses camp. He got knocked down a peg and he’s in his own head imo now. He was a rockstar, a shark among carp and now he’s struggling to swim upstream at all and losing ground. He needs to sort himself out down in the AHL and get both his conditioning and skill back on track. This system isn’t helping him either. He’s not getting to play the simple zone coverage he was successful at. It’s disappointing on many levels. I saw great asset coming down the pipe but that’s tracking more like a dream now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad