what glorious creature made this

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
What is with the sudden rash of Finnish posters running down Hughes? LOL

So weird. It's funny, as Americans, we dont care if the best player in the draft is a Swede or a Canuck or a Russian etc...., but apparently numerous Finns get their panties in multiple knots about this stuff.

Yep, it’s just two or three Finish posters that are constantly belittling Hughes’ game in order to try to prop up Kakko. It’s very annoying.

They have only recently quieted with the Laine is better than Matthews talk....I wonder why:sarcasm:

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Zacha - Hughes - Palmieri

Absolutely love the look of that. Then you also have Coleman and Zajac fully capable of playing a shutdown role on your third line.

Address the defense somehow and this team will be in terrific shape. Hopefully winning the lottery will potentially help Sheros ability to trade for a defender or convince someone we need to sign here.

we would be wise to leave zacha on the 3rd line and bump zajac down to the 4th. we no longer need to sign duchene, which is great news. we should be targeting eberle so our top 6 is:

hall nico palms/eberle
bratt hughes eberle/palms

that is a f***ing sick top 6

Reactions: The Grinder

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My hard on has lasted more than 4 hours after reading the OP. Please send help.

Zajac is going to start breaking down sooner then later. Maybe not next year, but it is going to happen.
Easing his minutes down over the next few years would definitely help soften that.

Reactions: Davegarri

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
if nico could come in and play center just fine, hughes should be able to as well. he's even more of a pure center than nico is, with better hands and feet
Hughes doesn't have the two-way game Nico did and is even weaker than Nico was. I won't rule him out St center next year, but I'm also not sold on him doing it from what I have seen.

Reactions: devilsblood

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Six months ago I would have agreed 100%, but it scares me he just put up his worst season by far, worse than Henrique figures.

i get that, but that’s what makes him such a good option in my opinion. he won’t break the bank, but he’ll put up some monster numbers with hughes. agostino would put up monster numbers with hughes, so would i and so would you. let’s get a shooter on there, let’s keep hall happy, etc. eberle ticks all the boxes

edit- that’s assuming panarin won’t sign here. that would be ideal, we’d just need to move bratt back to RW

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Hall and Eberle are really good friends still right? I'd definitely be all for it just for that reason alone.

Reactions: HBK27

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Yep, it’s just two or three Finish posters that are constantly belittling Hughes’ game in order to try to prop up Kakko. It’s very annoying.

They have only recently quieted with the Laine is better than Matthews talk....I wonder why:sarcasm:

The main thread for him is endless troll posts. The most recent is a step by step analysis of him covering for the defenseman joining the rush and the poster is blaming him for staying behind the play.

I don't remember Hischier having all the trolls.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The main thread for him is endless troll posts. The most recent is a step by step analysis of him covering for the defenseman joining the rush and the poster is blaming him for staying behind the play.

I don't remember Hischier having all the trolls.

Because Patrick wasn’t a Finn

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
How confident are we that Castron, Shero, and co will pick Hughes? I prefer Hughes right now, but would certainly be excited with Kakko.

I’m trying to be cautiously optimistic but not fall too much in love with Hughes’ game in case Kakko becomes our guy. If he does, I will certainly not be disappointed...and Castron has earned our trust somewhat going against consensus and taking Nico.

But Hughes just seems so dynamic. It’s great Kakko is a very well rounded player, but I think this team can use a Hughes more than a Kakko - Nico is already becoming that two way force for us. *this opinion may be subject to change after June 21*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad