Jack Hughes vs Suzuki vs Stützle

Who would you take moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I had Suzuki at 2nd but I change my vote for my boi at 1st!

Still think that Stützle has the best potential and could very likely end up the best of them all but as of right now, Suzuki is just a beast
Thats fair for sure,but Suzuki has played excellent and should be ranked highest ...And WTH was LV thinking giving this guy up?? lol

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Thats fair for sure,but Suzuki has played excellent and should be ranked highest ...And WTH was LV thinking giving this guy up?? lol

They apparently wanted to keep Glass because of his size (and he was a super talented prospect himself).

Hindsight 20/20 tho, it was a terrible, terrible mistake.

Reactions: Kojo and topshelf15

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I created this thread the beginning of the playoffs.

Has Suzuki's performance changed anyone's mind?
Nope. I liked Suzuki and Stutzle equally, but gave the Hab the nod because he’s a centre. Jack Hughes is a lot behind the other two in my view.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
He had a 60 point pace and was outscored 15-11 when he was on the ice 5v5. Let's not overrated it.
16 points in 22 games while being the 1C of a team in the cup finals at 21 years old.

That doesn’t require overrating. It’s flat out impressive.

Suzuki scored at exactly a 60 point pace during the regular season. I’m still waiting for Hughes or Stützle to put up a remotely comparable season. They’re younger but Suzuki is young as well.

Reactions: dukeofjive

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
16 points in 22 games while being the 1C of a team in the cup finals at 21 years old.

Suzuki scored at exactly a 60 point pace during the regular season. I’m still waiting for Hughes or Stützle to put up a remotely comparable season. They’re younger but Suzuki is young as well.
Well considering Hughes is two years younger and Stutzle three years younger perhaps you should wait a bit longer. Nonsensical to compare their point totals given their ages.
Try the poll again in another year if you want to see if views have changed.

Last edited:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

It was a very good showing given his age and experience, but he essentially just showed he could maintain his play from the regular season into the playoffs. It's not as if he played like an elite 1C, who led his team to the final, and considering the potential of Stutzle and Hughes, I think he would have had to have played at that level to change anyone's opinion. At least then you could say he's already shown he can be as good as the other two hope to be. As it stands, the poll is still mostly about potential, as it was before the playoffs. Suzuki has just established a higher floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur and TS Quint

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

Sorry did you just say you're waiting for Stutzle to put up a comparable season? He just played his first year and turned 19 6 months ago. Suzuki is about to hit 22 in one week.

So the question is, do you think Stutzle can achieve a 60 point pace in 3 years? He was at a 45 pt pace this year as a 19 year old.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010

Your original question was who do you take moving forward, not who is better right now. That is why most in this thread are going with Stutzle and Hughes. No one is denying that Suzuki had the better playoffs (also the only one of the three to even play in the playoffs). Doesn't change a thing for who you'd build a team around though.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
All three of these guy look like they’ll be great moving forward.

I would take Hughes though. I think his skating is just rare. Right behind McDavid imo.

Reactions: MitchMurphy

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

It's almost as if you're comparing a guy who was 21 for the entire season to two guys who were 19 for the entire season.

Suzuki was still in the OHL at 19. Stutzle and Hughes would have put up McDavid-like numbers had they played in the OHL last year.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He had a 60 point pace and was outscored 15-11 when he was on the ice 5v5. Let's not overrated it.
McDavid gets outscored too.... does that diminish what he has done. same as Suzuki playing 1C in playoff until a stanley cup final....

some people will go length to just bring down a elite 1c.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
McDavid gets outscored too.... does that diminish what he has done. same as Suzuki playing 1C in playoff until a stanley cup final....

some people will go length to just bring down a elite 1c.

McDavid has never been outscored 5v5 in a season or playoffs, and that's on a much worse team than what the Candiens were playing like this playoffs. He also had a 57% GF% 5v5 this year. And what about the 60 point bit then? No one's bringing him down. Montreal fans just seem to want to go to any length to bring up a good player who is not close to an elite 1C (yet) just because they haven't had one in so long they don't know what one looks like.

Last edited:

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
McDavid has never been outscored 5v5 in a season or playoffs, and that's on a much worse team than what the Candiens were playing like this playoffs. He also had a 57% GF% 5v5 this year. And what about the 60 point bit then? No one's bringing him down. Montreal fans just seem to want to go to any length to bring up a good player who is not close to an elite 1C (yet) just because they haven't had one in so long they don't know what one looks like.
Hey, he did bring the team to the final.

Where is your team ?
And mcdavid got outscored at 5v5 a lot. Just stop

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
I would go stutzle because of playstyle, then hughes who still could have as much/more points, then suzuki. He’s great, but i think we have to consider the age gap and the context. All great prospects you want ofc

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hey, he did bring the team to the final.

Where is your team ?
And mcdavid got outscored at 5v5 a lot. Just stop

He didn't "bring the team to the final". He played well on a team that had solid depth and great goaltending. He didn't dominate his matchups or score at an elite level. Those are both objectively true.

Where my team is, is completely irrelevant, but thanks for showing that you have no argument.

And no, McDavid never has been outscored 5v5 over a season or playoffs.

Here's his regular season 5v5:

Connor McDavid - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

Check out the GF and GA columns. His worst performance was outscori g the opposition by 1 in his rookie year.

And here's his playoffs 5v5:

Connor McDavid - Summary - Natural Stat Trick

He's been 50%, but never below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit and Sting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad