• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Who do you take moving forward?

I think it's a toss up. Suzuki is already pretty great for the Habs at 21. He finished the year 41 points in 56 games which equals exactly 60 points over 82 games. He can play PK, PP, OT. He's an all situations guy. Very fun to watch.

Stützle is a super talented young forward. You saw it the other day with the hatty. Awesome video of the kids that showed up to his backyard to throw the hats by the way. I think he's going to pile up the points once he develops a bit and Ottawa gets better (which will happen soon).

Jack Hughes is also very talented but he hasn't shown what he's fully capable of yet. He's not even 20 yet and he's also going to a great player at his top end.

I think each of Jack Hughes and Stutzle are going to pile up the points. Probably around 85+ in their primes, and Suzuki will be the reliable Patrice Bergeron-esque 70-75 point centre year in year out.

For the Habs I'd probably stick with Suzuki because he's a very complete player though. I think these 3 are all around the same level more or less so wanted to get some opinions.

If you missed the vid

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Stutzle has shown the most coming right into the league let's see what he does next year. Suzuki seems to have arrived as well but he has had more time and Hughes I don't know he's got the talent but I think he'd be better utilized on the wing right now. I voted Stutzle.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Stützle
Hughes
Suzuki

Don’t see how anyone would choose Suzuki and it’s also kinda hard to justify picking Hughes over a player with similar ceiling but who is ~8 months younger but more accustomed to playing against grown men.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Easily Hughes. Playdriving monster at both ends of the ice. Suzuki won't produce as much. Stutzle won't be as good defensively and is a winger rather than a center

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I'll keep Suzuki, he's proven, he's young and far from a finished product. He's on pace for 60 points, while being good defensively... Tim and Hughes are more gifted offensively, but it's far from a sure thing.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Hughes has the biggest upside. Skating, passing and vision are of the charts. The question will be, if he can round out his game as Stützle has less deficiencies in areas as shooting ability and defensive game.

Reactions: Goomba

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Stutzle pretty easily. I’m leaning Suzuki over Hughes because he’s already a solid two-way player and outproducing Hughes (so far). However, I think Hughes will bring a little bit more points while Suzuki a little bit more smarts and two-way play over their career.
Stuztle will likely outproduce both and bring a two-way game similar to Suzuki’s over time.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Hughes has the biggest upside. Skating, passing and vision are of the charts. The question will be, if he can round out his game as Stützle has less deficiencies in areas as shooting ability and defensive game.

Hughes is pretty much fine on defense. The issue is that he's one of the worst finishers in the NHL. I think statistically he's bottom 3 or 4 in the entire league.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Hughes is pretty much fine on defense. The issue is that he's one of the worst finishers in the NHL. I think statistically he's bottom 3 or 4 in the entire league.

Hughes still makes defensive mistakes wich result in goals or high danger chances to often for my taste. Some of it is due to his high risk, high reward style of play but i think he still has to improve on that area. As far as his shot is concerned, I absolutely agree that this is his biggest deficiency and should be his number one area to improve in the of season. Right now both accuracy and especially shot power are not on an NHL level. Luckily for him he is elite in many other aspects of the game already.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Hughes still makes defensive mistakes wich result in goals or high danger chances to often for my taste. Some of it is due to his high risk, high reward style of play but i think he still has to improve on that area. As far as his shot is concerned, I absolutely agree that this is his biggest deficiency and should be his number one area to improve in the of season. Right now both accuracy and especially shot power are not on an NHL level. Luckily for him he is elite in many other aspects of the game already.

No Devils fan is worried in the slightest about Hughes defensively, he is an elite transition defender already. The mistakes that lead to high danger chances against are from bad passes mostly leading to breakaways the other direction. Those will be fixed with time as he learns what he can and can't do in the NHL. He's already made tremendous strides compared to his rookie year where every game seemed to feature multiple passses into a defender's skates.

The worry is his shot.

Reactions: wetcoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad