Jack Hughes vs Suzuki vs Stützle

Who would you take moving forward?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
LOL, Sens and Devils fans arguing who is the tallest little person when it comes to drafting. Actually build a winner then talk about how great your drafting is.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Suzuki is a heavy bodied 200 foot centre. I like Stutzle too, but don’t see the same effective play without the puck as in Suzuki. Jack Hughes needs to improve his game a lot to be anywhere near these other two.
Suzuki/ Stutzle

Jack

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Cant imagine being winless since 1927

11 Cups > 3 Cups :sarcasm:

Seriously, who cares? There's a ton of Sens fans right now who are sympathetic to the Habs run and some are even cheering for them, even though they could be seen as a direct rival. I used to think that rivalries mattered in the NHL but I was kinda mistaken, it's really not comparable to some other sports. To summarize, I don't think Sens fans care much about the Devils and New Jersey fans shouldn't care as well. If Ottawa-Montreal isn't much of a rivalry, Ottawa-NJ certainly is not.

Let the polls be, is Stutzle winning poll? Well, yes. Are people wrong? Maybe. We'll know in a few years. But for now, many various hockey fans see him becoming a very good player. Does that mean the other 2 will be crap? Absolutely not.

Stutzle has 342 votes and it's not because Sens fans are massively influencing this. The Sens fanbase is not very big, like the Devils.

The Stutzle love is really really puzzling. What player are you all watching out there?

This guy

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So true, You guys have drafted stars like Matt Puempel and Noesen, Missed on a couple allstars that were drafted afterwards.

Cody Ceci turned out to be a great pick, Same with Curtis Lazar

Trading picks with us + a third turned out really well for you guys. Logan Brown is a game changer

Being slightly above 50% in the 1st round in the last 10 years is definitely worth bragging about.

If You guys are the supposed King of at picking in the 1st round then the Devils are the King of the later rounds. The amount of players that the Devils drafted that are still NHL players are staggering when compared to the Ottawa Senators.

Adam Larsson, Blake Coleman, Damon Severson, Alexander Kerfoot, Miles Wood, Mackenzie Blackwood, Nathan Bastian, Jesper Bratt, Yegor Sharangovich

Ottawa Senators

Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Ryan Dzingel, Chris Driedger, Curtis Lazar, Drake Batherson.
Uhh Mark Stone ,Mike Hoffman were both 4th rounders funny how u forget these two...Humm kinda trumps anything u would have listed

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Adele go brrrrrr

Did I say they were stars? no, I said that the devils later picks have become NHLers. A couple of them you wish you had on your team, such as Coleman, Severson, Larsson, Blackwood, Bratt, and just because of his style of play probably Miles Wood.
Really ???Mark Stone ,Mike Hoffman,JGP,Dzingle....All forwards drafted no higher than the 3rd round...Blows the doors off that list

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I just think it’s amazing that parts of the rangers fan base are on suicide watch and the main boards overwhelmingly prefer Stutzle when he and Lafreniere had essentially the same even strength production in their rookie season.

Oh there it is. If Lafreniere wasn’t a ranger, fans wouldn’t care half as much. Their insecurities about Lafreniere is the reason they tend to put down Stutzle more than any other fan base.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Yikes. Maybe read what he said again before jumping down his throat. He was saying players like Stutzle, Chabot and Quinn Hughes have chutzpah, and Jack Hughes does not. Jack Quinn wasn't a part of this conversation.

Also, weird of you you to bring up the Sens first round drafting earlier to prop up the devils late round drafting since the Sens literally made a name for themselves by drafting in the later rounds. Not saying the Devils didn't find good players as well, strange argument is all. Sens first round drafting has been underwhelming at best for a long time.
and who are these mystery late round home run draft picks the sens made in the Last 10 years. I couldn't find them. Perhaps maybe you should read what I said before jumping down my throat.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Uhh Mark Stone ,Mike Hoffman were both 4th rounders funny how u forget these two...Humm kinda trumps anything u would have listed
Looks like someone needs to reread what the sen fan I argued with said.

"Look at Ottawa,s drafting record over the past 10 years,we are one of the very best at finding talent period..Keeping them when they want to paid however is something else ...Lol"

Really sens fans, Try to put at least a modicum of effort into understanding the argument before barging in.

-edit

LOL I just realized the person that I am quoting is you. How does one forget their own argument?! Alzheimer's is a terrible disease apparently.

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Suzuki is probably the best of the bunch right now (and he's been quite good these playoffs). Stuetzle seems the most raw of the bunch, so really could be the best or fall off the radar (personally I don't think he'll trail off though). He also has played half the games that the other two have played.

I love having Stuetzle on the Sens and I think he has huge potential. But I think he needs another year under his belt to see what he can do before comparing him to two players with twice the amount of NHL experience.

So for me...

Suzuki

Hughes

Stuetzle TBD.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Looks like someone needs to reread what the sen fan I argued with said.

"Look at Ottawa,s drafting record over the past 10 years,we are one of the very best at finding talent period..Keeping them when they want to paid however is something else ...Lol"

Really sens fans, Try to put at least a modicum of effort into understanding the argument before barging in.

-edit

LOL I just realized the person that I am quoting is you. How does one forget their own argument?! Alzheimer's is a terrible disease apparently.
Lol ..Classy...You NJ fans are fun...

ToasterStutzle

Aug 10, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
and who are these mystery late round home run draft picks the sens made in the Last 10 years. I couldn't find them. Perhaps maybe you should read what I said before jumping down my throat.
Mark Stone 6th Round
Mike Hoffman 5th Round
JP Pageau 4th Round
Drake Batherson 4th Round
Joey Daccord 7th Round
Ryan Dzingel 7th Round

That's just from 2010 till now. BTW Alfie was a 6th round pick lol but I wasn't going all the way back that far.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Mark Stone 6th Round
Mike Hoffman 5th Round
JP Pageau 4th Round
Drake Batherson 4th Round
Joey Daccord 7th Round
Ryan Dzingel 7th Round

That's just from 2010 till now. BTW Alfie was a 6th round pick lol but I wasn't going all the way back that far.
-1 point for including Hoffman as he was drafted in 2009. That is over 10 years ago

Mark Stone also is disqualified as he 11 months and 26 days over from 10 years ago.

Others are all good!:thumbu:

I give you a 80% on this exam.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Ottawa drafts pretty well actually. They just end up trading those guys if they don't win a cup in their mid-20s because an Ottawa franchise will never survive the type of rebuild that comes out of something like what Boston is about to go through. Near the cap and declining while trying to eke out some playoff success, but literally nothing in the pipeline. I just don't know if the franchise would survive it, and if it did then that's great but it's obviously not something Melnyk is ready to buy.

That's what happened to the Devils. They're behind because their best draft pick of a decade was Kory Nagy who has been linesman for more games than pretty much any devil drafted around him has played in the NHL (combined). No need to get sour about it, the Devils stink.

That said, I still think Hughes is better than Stutzle. I think Hughes is probably quite underrated atm.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
-1 point for including Hoffman as he was drafted in 2009. That is over 10 years ago

Mark Stone also is disqualified as he 11 months and 26 days over from 10 years ago.

Others are all good!:thumbu:

I give you a 80% on this exam.
NJ cant draft ,compared to Ottawa...This isnt something we pulled out of hat ,Ottawa is a top 3 team at doing this over any arbitrary number you would like to pull out...Far far more impact players drafted by this team in its much shorter history than NJ...

Please try not to be so bent about it...As we should be selling everything we have drafted in a few years again anyhow

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
NJ cant draft ,compared to Ottawa...This isnt something we pulled out of hat ,Ottawa is a top 3 team at doing this over any arbitrary number you would like to pull out...Far far more impact players drafted by this team in its much shorter history than NJ...

Please try not to be so bent about it...As we should be selling everything we have drafted in a few years again anyhow

I just proved that the Devils out drafted Ottawa in the later rounds based on the date YOU arbitrarily set. Don't hate me cause I beat you at your own game by using actual facts.

Try not to be so Bent out about it though, You can use this lesson as motivation to do research on subjects before you post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->