Confirmed with Link: Jack Hillen and ARZ 4th 2015 for Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I love this trade. We get a veteran and physical bottom pairing defenseman. As for Hillen, I give him credit for his dedication and wish him luck in Carolina. Additionally, I don't have to worry if Hillen is going get his back broke with each check.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Seems like a good depth move. Worst case, there's always Schmidt. Best case, maybe Gleason still has enough in the tank to solidify the 3rd pairing for one last run.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Look at it...

Orpik - Carlson
Alzner - Niskanen
Gleason - Green

All things considered....yeah, you're going to lose Green after these playoffs....but thats the best D these eyes have seen heading into the playoffs in a long time.

No mention of Sloan, Schultz, Erskine, or Poti? Are you sure :sarcasm:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Good move. At worst, they can go to playoffs as is now. We like our team and so on. Obviously, they don't like it and they will try to upgrade F now, but knowing D is already done is good.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
I like it, solid upgrade over Hillen, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for Sharp. Seems like he won't be moved. Though if we did somehow land him, our PP would be scary. Imagine him in Brouwer's spot. They wouldn't be able to cheat on OV so much as Sharp can actually put a lot of pucks in the net if you give him the space. Plus Green on the right point and we would be scary.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
I like it, solid upgrade over Hillen, I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for Sharp. Seems like he won't be moved. Though if we did somehow land him, our PP would be scary. Imagine him in Brouwer's spot. They wouldn't be able to cheat on OV so much as Sharp can actually put a lot of pucks in the net if you give him the space. Plus Green on the right point and we would be scary.

Green is not scary on the right point now...Carlson is better.

Vermette to Blackhawks is a done deal....Sharp is still available but not sure Ward and a decent draft pick is a great deal...I guess it is okay but Ward does a lot for this team.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
Green is not scary on the right point now...Carlson is better.

Vermette to Blackhawks is a done deal....Sharp is still available but not sure Ward and a decent draft pick is a great deal...I guess it is okay but Ward does a lot for this team.

Green distributes the puck much better than Carlson, besides it's good to have Carlson on the 2nd unit. I would trade Ward because I doubt he's back next year.

Vladiator16*

Not what we really needed, but this team is stronger now... I hope thats not over...

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Green distributes the puck much better than Carlson, besides it's good to have Carlson on the 2nd unit. I would trade Ward because I doubt he's back next year.

Distribute?

Whoever is at that position has three options: pass to Ovi, pass to Nicky, shoot.

Green does two of those. And refuses to shoot.

Ill take Carlson there.

Nicky is the true distributor on the PP.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Thank god. I was so sick of watching Hillen stand next to people screening Holtby and making no attempt to get them out.

He was just too small. Hopefully Gleason isn't Erskine 2.0.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Distribute?

Whoever is at that position has three options: pass to Ovi, pass to Nicky, shoot.

Green does two of those. And refuses to shoot.

Ill take Carlson there.

Nicky is the true distributor on the PP.

And Carlson shoots far too much. Half the time Ovi will be wide open and he doesn't even look at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad