Confirmed with Link: Jack Hillen and ARZ 4th 2015 for Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddis

Apr 18, 2014
Trondheim
Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt · 39s 40 seconds ago
The Capitals are finalizing a trade sending D Jack Hillen and a draft pick to Carolina for D Tim Gleason, per league sources.

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt · 19s 20 seconds ago
The draft pick is believed to be a fourth-rounder, but waiting for final confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'll take it. Gleason hasn't shown well recently, but he brings a bunch of grit and experience. Hillen brings....nothing.

Maybe Gleason can up his game for a few months.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Posted this already to the trade boards but will post it here too:

Jack Hillen was the only player on the Caps roster that wasn't atleast 6'0. Hillen was 5'10.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Beyond all that, he'll do fine until one of Schmidt or Orlov is playing at a high level again.

I'm really curious if Green walks next year if they'd move Orlov back to the right side...

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There is the physical stay at home D to go with Green Joe B brought up a couple days ago.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I'll take it. Gleason hasn't shown well recently, but he brings a bunch of grit and experience. Hillen brings....nothing.

Maybe Gleason can up his game for a few months.

My thoughts exactly. Hillen has always been Pothier-lite for me. There's the budget 3rd pair vet with some physicality everyone predicted. Good short term upgrade.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
At worst Schmidt is on call to take the spot.

Improve the top 6 GMBM, improve the top 6.

bluedevil58*

Canes fan here. Gleason has not be good since re signing. I will say he is a solid 7th pairing d man at best. He just isn't good anymore. maybe he will provide mu h needed grit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad