Confirmed with Link: Jack Hillen and ARZ 4th 2015 for Tim Gleason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Sad to see Hillen go. :(

A really smooth skater. Always gave it his all. He had some tough breaks with injuries but that didn't hold him back when he returned he played all out.

Jack Hillen, Thanks for the blood sweat and tears that you gave for the Caps. Really appreciated it.

Wish you nothing but the best in Carolina.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Volpatti never really got a chance. I always wonder why some guys are never given the breaks that they deserve?

Hope he clears waivers. Would he still be available in post season?

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Good trade. Wouldn't be surprised if Gleason gets peppier with a contender.

Hillen always had an effort but I've never been a fan of his height at the d-man position. Gleason will hold his own and maybe inflict some pain on someone else instead of himself.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think we should use Green against the teams who don't shadow Ovi and Carlson against teams who do.

Why wouldn't teams change their strategy when they notice this? Instead of playing cat and mouse mindgames with the roster, it's much simpler if Green just shoots more often to keep the defense honest.

Regarding this trade, looks good on paper. It fits the idea that youth and injury (Schmidt and Orlov) are not taken lightly by the new front office. If the philosophy holds we may se 1-2 more moves for veterans in the next 30+ hours. If it's more vet rentals I think we'll hear that the youth development plan for the young guys is still important but being put on hold, and one or two of them could be scratched most nights, with whoever's left mostly on the 4th line.

I'm not sure they mix and match rentals and guys with term here, but it will mean something if they do. I can see one move if they go term, and it probably stems most from where they see Kuz in the future. No matter what they say I think they're on the fence about Bura.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
So Gleason had almost 2min of PK TOI in Carolina.

Their top4 PK D were 1:57 to 2:04 in PK, pretty much even.

And Canes' PK is the best in the NHL currently.

That is something good over Hillen.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Volpatti never really got a chance. I always wonder why some guys are never given the breaks that they deserve?

Hope he clears waivers. Would he still be available in post season?

He played PLENTY to get an honest assessment. He'll be lucky to have an NHL job next year.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So with Hillen out indefinitely due to a concussion, you guys better be shipping us Gleason back tout suite. I mean you guys did put in a clause in the trade agreement that we'll be 100% satisfied or our Gleason back, right? :laugh:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So with Hillen out indefinitely due to a concussion, you guys better be shipping us Gleason back tout suite. I mean you guys did put in a clause in the trade agreement that we'll be 100% satisfied or our Gleason back, right? :laugh:

No take-backsies :naughty:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

You break it, you bought it. But seriously, that guy has had the worst luck.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am surprised he lasted after as many big hits as he had in the past month, to be honest.

Trading him out at the deadline on a high (durable) is almost unthinkable for our normal trading standards. We used to sell low or not at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad