Speculation: Jack Eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Eichel gonna be closer to 26 by the time he plays meaningful minutes for any team trading for him

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Because I see them as a dark horse candidate, and I’m not sure what exactly direction they’re going, I can see Columbus being a dark horse candidate. A look at capfriendly shows they have the space, they have interesting young players, they have picks that won’t hurt to trade, and even though they’re in the same conference, they’re not divisional OR state rivals.

Just as a spitball, Columbus could do something like:

- Kent Johnson
- 2022 Columbus or Chicago 1st
- Stanislav Svozil
- Chinakhov or Foudy
- Korpisalo

and obviously it can be tweaked. Buffalo gets their young potential 1C (and logically pushes Roslovic down in the lineup, keeping him with Bjorkstrand who I noticed he has good chemistry with), gets another 1st (already conditions on the Chicago pick, but Columbus gets to keep the better pick), and Laine gets a set up guy. Buffalo also gets a younger forward prospect, but Columbus only gives up one of them.

More importantly, I get the guy on the Sabres that I wanted with one of the Sabres two 2nd rounders this past draft :naughty::sarcasm:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
desperate hope Vegas (or other) gets him, NYR don't need the injury/recovery, the drama or the cost
With Krebs off the table, I don’t know what the offer would be. Plus they need to send substantial salary back to Buffalo for more then 1-2 years which I’m sure adams doesn’t want.
I wouldn’t sell the far for him, but under the right circumstances, I think Eichel would be better for us over the next 5 years then Zibby due to age contract length. Barring drury/ranger docs think he’ll make it back to normal after surgery.
Def a 50 mill gamble for sure, but Dolan is a rich asshole, I’d bet he’d do it

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
With Krebs off the table, I don’t know what the offer would be. Plus they need to send substantial salary back to Buffalo for more then 1-2 years which I’m sure adams doesn’t want.
I wouldn’t sell the far for him, but under the right circumstances, I think Eichel would be better for us over the next 5 years then Zibby due to age contract length. Barring drury/ranger docs think he’ll make it back to normal after surgery.
Def a 50 mill gamble for sure, but Dolan is a rich asshole, I’d bet he’d do it

i get the thinking, but i am happy w Zib, 'the horse we rode in on'
too often such trades don't deliver much more than incremental positives, and often just disappointment

also, I expect that, along the way, a 'nearly as good', 'ready to play', top 2 C becomes available, at less extreme cost
NYR has plenty of assets to offer a team whose deepest depth is C, and hopes to balance out their lineup or pipeline

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Craig Button was Just throwing around Jones and Kravtsov s makes pertaining to an Eichel deal.
Nothing imminent at this time of course
Dennis Bernstein was on the NHL network this afternoon and said the same thing. Kravstov and Jones. What’s odd to me is the Sabres don’t need a LHD with Dahlin and Power. But too many insiders have been linking the two teams for a year now.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Hes an injury prone hyped up high draft pick that isnt worth anything near his salary. #truthsorry

How can he not be worth anything near his salary when he is underpaid if anything?

McDavid
Draisaitl
Mackinnion
Barkov
Matthews

wouldn’t count Crosby/Malkin out of the race yet either. Sure they are a little older now but both are still immensely talented.

Eichel’s more in the Aho/Bergeron/Zibanejad/ Barzal/ Tavares/Scheifele/Point/ROR bracket as it stands right now, with question marks on how well he’s going to be after surgery.
All still Excellent 1C options but not the cream of the crop

Don’t think he’s better then any of those guys prior to the injury. Highly doubtful afterwards. But a slim possibility.

Eichel was without a doubt better than those guys before the injury.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Dennis Bernstein was on the NHL network this afternoon and said the same thing. Kravstov and Jones. What’s odd to me is the Sabres don’t need a LHD with Dahlin and Power. But too many insiders have been linking the two teams for a year now.

It's no secret that the Rangers want Eichel. It's also no secret that they've only been willing to trade their trash pieces to get him, thus why Eichel isn't a Ranger.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
No one knows what the Rangers offers actually were

Yet you have Sabre fans clamoring for packages like Zary and Monahan from Calgary like that’s so much better lolol

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
No one knows what the Rangers offers actually were

Yet you have Sabre fans clamoring for packages like Zary and Monahan from Calgary like that’s so much better lolol

I don't think anyone is clamoring for Zary and Monahan but at least that includes a pretty good center prospect which the NYR don't have to offer.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
If you quickly browse the Sabres boards on this forum and read the recent attitudes about what Eichel will most likely bring back at this point, the sentiments are actually reasonable and realistic. They're different than what gets proposed in this thread.

I think discussion in this section of the forum (trade rumor and free agent talk) tends to escalate.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
It's no secret that the Rangers want Eichel. It's also no secret that they've only been willing to trade their trash pieces to get him, thus why Eichel isn't a Ranger.
Yep, great, Adams please move on
But if you think the mentioned names are trash, you just enjoy stirring the pot (folks at HFB just love labeling guys trash or bust)

And if you think they'd trade Laf, Kakko, Fox or Schneider, for that combination of injury/recovery and Cap Hit, you're just posting hot takes.

Ain't no precedent, aside from Lindros/Quebec deal, for the NBA-type packages that posters often propose re Eichel.
And that Lindros deal was not complicated by spinal condition or flat Salary Cap.
No realistic comparable at all.

They're not getting equivalent of 4 1sts.
Without injury and Cap Hit, fair high return is something like (1) a very very good under-25 player, (2) a high upside prospect, (3) a 1st, and another valuable piece.
Given those Cap/injury considerations, they may not get all that for just Eichel, unless retention.
That's just realistic and in line w prior NHL situations.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Why the hell would Buffalo want monahan, he has 2 yrs left, and he’s likely not resigning in Buffalo cause what ufa does.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad