Player Discussion Jack Eichel - Switching from #15 to #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I'm going to hang onto my Eichel #15 jersey, if he ends up in the HOF maybe that'll be a collectors item someday. And a reminder of the amazing success of the Sabres during the #15 years :)

Reactions: Dahlin 2 Eichel

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Wish he could have had it the whole time since it's a much better number. But I'll be fine with my 15 Winter Classic jersey since it encapsulates a specific moment in time anyway.

The funny thing about getting a 9 now is that it might be twice outdated in 14 months. It'll get a C and they'll change the jersey for the 50th.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I'm going to hang onto my Eichel #15 jersey, if he ends up in the HOF maybe that'll be a collectors item someday. And a reminder of the amazing success of the Sabres during the #15 years :)

I'd hang on to it in case he gets off to a slow start this season and pulls a Miro Satan and switches back after a month or two.

Reactions: darcyRegier

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
I bought a Roy Jersey on clearance the day after he was traded and the Sabres did the nameplate change promotion for Ott.

When Ott was traded and Kane got here, I changed it to Kane. Monday it'll go on and get changed for the 3rd time (and likely final as I'll have the C added)

Pretty good ROI on a $20 clearance buy in 2012

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You know what this REALLY means: cheap clearence jerseys on NHLSHOP.COM!!!

True story: for my birthday in 1991 my father got me a John Cullen Whalers jersey he spent $180 on. He was number 15. The day before my birthday Kevin Dineen was traded and Cullen changed his number to 11. So my jersey was out of date before I even got it.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I wonder when Jack was at Harbor Center. Did he stop by just for this, or do this at the end of last season?

I LOVE the #9 on him by the way.

Also, I'm 100% American and I still want to type Harbour Centre for some reason.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dude .... it’s a ****ing number of guy. Yikes. :laugh:

Cool that he’s going with an old number. Good money grab moment for the Eichel jersey buyers. Hopefully this does something positive for him mentally.

This is my big hope.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
A friend who follows Jack on ig sent me this, Jack's dumb*** forgot to put an emoji on his helmet lol:

We don't need him to be smart, just score, play 200' and elevate the play of everyone around him.

Maybe that was the locker room issues with Kane and O'Reilly. Their #9 and #90 gear were kryptonite for Jack's identity...

He will wear the number 9 now.
I'm not a Sabres fan but why all the sudden change from 15?
He should have gone with 9 last year, 8 this year, 7 next year, etc., and count down each season until he leaves for Boston Bruins when his contract is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->