Player Discussion Jack Eichel - Switching from #15 to #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
That looks absolutely FILTHY. Hopefully the number change will help with confidence - and that we hear it a lot going forward!

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
my Kane watching PTSD is going to need time to adjust to it not being an instant turnover anymore

Reactions: Kyndig

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Is it not possible for both Eichel and ROR are at fault to varying degrees? Eichel enters the league as a hot shot rookie, O'Reilly joins via trade with his eyes set at the C. However from the start Eichel is being prepped for the C. I get the sense Eichel has matured over this past year especially and ROR's weak start and Eichel getting an A put ROR on edge. Think about it, about half way through the season Eichel began becoming the defacto C whereas ROR did the majority of the captaincy honors to start. Couple this with the losing and ROR began to get disinterested and by the end was honestly hoping to be traded.

While he isn't his brother, I have no doubt he'd have some similar qualities to Cal. Cal didn't get more NHL time, so he threw a tantrum and got placed in Toronto. ROR fought with Colorado for more money and even accepted an offer sheet after his contract was up. Likely due to Landeskog being given the captaincy to some degree.

Based on his brother's behavior in combination to his own I get the sense the Captaincy means more to him than just the letter. He wants the honor and prestige that goes along with it.

What is different in the Olympics is he already knows he's outclassed by the Toews/Crosby/etc of Canada so he is willing to stand in line. However in the event of a "vacuum" he cannot stand being passed over by a less experienced player. He was in Colorado, and likely here, so he creates an escape so he may attempt it again with St. Louis when Pieterangelo retires eventually.

If Wes Anderson is involved, i'd watch this movie.

Reactions: Dingo44

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Delaying this news is another reason we lost the initial Kane trade.

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
the-natural.jpg

His new nickname is either the Natural or Wonderboy.

Unfortunately, he's going to get hurt, have a 16 year break in playing, and then come back for one really good year. We'll need to start saving for all the broken lights in the KBC though.

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Kinda sucks for the **** ton of people who bought Eichel jerseys. Doesn't the Sabres store change the number at a heavy discount in instances like this?

Apparently a $50 Credit is given for a “new” jersey purchase. IMO, the Sabres should do the right thing and allow that credit to be redeemed for a number change.

Although, I still don’t understand the hate from fans on twitter who are complaining. It’s no different than a player getting traded, and it’s not like Eichel *never* wore 15.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
If #9 is such a part of him, why is his twitter handle Jack Eichel11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->