upload_2021-10-6_9-34-58.png

I think Tage could have also been used as an example :laugh:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I Ching
Hexagram 12

STANDSTILL. Evil people do not further the perseverance of the superior man.

The great departs; the small approaches.
Heaven and earth are out of communion and all things are benumbed. What is above has no relation to what is below, and on earth confusion and disorder prevail. The dark power is within, the light power is without. Weakness is within, harshness without. Within are the inferior, and without are the superior. The way of inferior people is in ascent; the way of superior people is one the decline. But the superior people do not allow themselves to be turned from their principles. If the possibility of exerting influence is closed to them, they nevertheless remain faithful to their principles and withdraw into seclusion.

First standstill, then good fortune.

Looks like we're heading for 13

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Here is my prediction of news "Breaks" before the season starts

Next few days:

"Sabres have backed down on price, still expected to be high"

"Sabres acquire LTIR player for X considerations"

followed very shortly by "Eichel deal to Y being finalized"

I'd be shocked if this dragged much into the regular season, if it all. Teams are going to want Eichel to get the surgery so he can be back post olympic break.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
What does everyone think a realistic return looks like at this point? With everything that has gone on, it's truly hard to get a feel for what teams would be willing to give up.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What does everyone think a realistic return looks like at this point? With everything that has gone on, it's truly hard to get a feel for what teams would be willing to give up.

Given reports that Vegas has Krebs off the table and the Rangers won't put Laf or Kakko in a deal, I don't have high hopes, honestly.

I also won't be surprised if a 1st or two are conditional based on Eichel's healthy and productivity. Adams will not be able to make a deal that does not involve some of the risk of recovery being transferred to the Sabres.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

member 334057

Guessing something like a prospect with 1st line potential (Cole Caufield type) and 2 firsts with lottery protections. A Habs fan made a similar offer a couple weeks ago but also included a bunch of other nonsense like retaining salary and taking on a bunch of garbage contracts/salary dumps. The basis of it felt reasonable and something that could be worked around.

Reactions: themilosh

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Guessing something like a prospect with 1st line potential (Cole Caufield type) and 2 firsts with lottery protections. A Habs fan made a similar offer a couple weeks ago but also included a bunch of other nonsense like retaining salary and taking on a bunch of garbage contracts/salary dumps. The basis of it felt reasonable and something that could be worked around.

I doubt Adams can get someone of Caufield's calibre in the deal.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he were able to pull that kind of thing off.

member 334057

I doubt Adams can get someone of Caufield's calibre in the deal.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he were able to pull that kind of thing off.
If they are taking on some salary like the Weber contract it could happen, though you're probably right that Caufield is maybe a tier above what they'll get.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

Not sure but Adams, IMO, can't back down at this point. Hold him until the right package is offered. If not, he either sits or gets his neck repaired and wears a Sabres jersey once again. (highly doubtful)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not sure but Adams, IMO, can't back down at this point. Hold him until the right package is offered. If not, he either sits or gets his neck repaired and wears a Sabres jersey once again. (highly doubtful)

He will back down if his bosses tell him to move Eichel prior to having to pay him any of his salary that is not covered by insurance.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I think two conditional first round picks might be the centerpiece. If Eichel doesn't play, or play well, they diminish in value.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

2. On Eichel: there is a real push to find a solution, because Eichel’s displaced disc can’t be allowed to just sit on the nerve. He is going to need a procedure sooner rather than later. What’s helped is he’s getting his own MRIs, so he and his representatives can share proper information. That’s a big deal. More difficult to answer is whether or not he is traded first or gets surgery, returns to health and plays games for the Sabres to regain his trade value. No one will go on record, but there is a growing belief there are teams willing to accept Eichel's preferred disc replacement. However, you have to be able to make the trade first. There’s definitely a push to get him healthy — which should be the number-one priority.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Eh, I think it'll be something like this:

-A corner stone piece (of the trade) won't be an A tier (i.e. no Zegras, Byfield), but the Turcotte, Krebs, Rossi, Newhook, Boldy level prospect.
-A young NHLer, perhaps with some salary attached. Tuch from Vegas makes a ton of sense
-A pure salary dump to make the numbers work
-A young bottom 6 NHLer, maybe on ELC. An example would be Vilardi from LA.
-A conditional pick (i.e. something like a 2022 2nd that becomes a lottery protected 1st if Eichel plays 30 games, etc)

I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo is sending a young, cheap player with Eichel to make the deal work. A Ruotsolainen, Aslpund, etc.

An example trade would be:

To Vegas: Eichel, Ruotsolainen
To Buffalo: Tuch, Reilly, Krebs, 2022 2nd that can become a 1st

Vegas essentially replaces Tuch on the IR with Eichel, gets Ruotsolainen to help fill the void left by Reilly.

To LA: Eichel, Anderson
To Buffalo: Turcotte, Vilradi, Quick, Lottery protected 2022 1st, conditional 2023 pick (that can be a 3rd, 2nd or 1st depending on Eichel GP)

Reactions: Jacob582

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

32 Thoughts: The fallout from Robin Lehner's comments

2. On Eichel: there is a real push to find a solution, because Eichel’s displaced disc can’t be allowed to just sit on the nerve. He is going to need a procedure sooner rather than later. What’s helped is he’s getting his own MRIs, so he and his representatives can share proper information. That’s a big deal. More difficult to answer is whether or not he is traded first or gets surgery, returns to health and plays games for the Sabres to regain his trade value. No one will go on record, but there is a growing belief there are teams willing to accept Eichel's preferred disc replacement. However, you have to be able to make the trade first. There’s definitely a push to get him healthy — which should be the number-one priority.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Eh, I think it'll be something like this:

-A corner stone piece (of the trade) won't be an A tier (i.e. no Zegras, Byfield), but the Turcotte, Krebs, Rossi, Newhook, Boldy level prospect.
-A young NHLer, perhaps with some salary attached. Tuch from Vegas makes a ton of sense
-A pure salary dump to make the numbers work
-A young bottom 6 NHLer, maybe on ELC. An example would be Vilardi from LA.
-A conditional pick (i.e. something like a 2022 2nd that becomes a lottery protected 1st if Eichel plays 30 games, etc)

I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo is sending a young, cheap player with Eichel to make the deal work. A Ruotsolainen, Aslpund, etc.

An example trade would be:

To Vegas: Eichel, Ruotsolainen
To Buffalo: Tuch, Reilly, Krebs, 2022 2nd that can become a 1st

Vegas essentially replaces Tuch on the IR with Eichel, gets Ruotsolainen to help fill the void left by Reilly.

To LA: Eichel, Anderson
To Buffalo: Turcotte, Vilradi, Quick, Lottery protected 2022 1st, conditional 2023 pick (that can be a 3rd, 2nd or 1st depending on Eichel GP)

With reports that Vegas is unwilling to put Krebs in the deal, I think you are overly optimistic with regards to what comes back.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I think Adams target has to come down a little -- I think 3 solid pieces and a cap dump would do. Doak's VGK trade looks about right to me (the value of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad