Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 7 -- Do we get a part 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
There was some agreement. There had to be or else why stay quiet this long?

My guess is the statement was something along the lines of Adams saying "we're looking / trying to trade him before free agency." Eichel's agent is trying to spin that as a guarantee to trade him, which I doubt was ever the intent of the comment.

Eichel most likely kept quiet because he didn't want his public persona to get ripped apart.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'm sure some pictures of Jack with some children will pop up on social media in the next day or two, he's always been good with his personal PR.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Better by him one of those neck pillows because he’s going to be sitting for a long long time

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Oh, and to answer the question posed by the title of this thread.... After this comment by Eichel's agent the odds are pretty darned high that we will get a 8th post on this subject.

Heck, possibly even a 9th or 10th.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
It's clear, Eichel wants out.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If Jack had the surgery without approval they’d sue him into oblivion and he’d lose. Thinking he’d just get released and sign a new deal somewhere…yeah…no. He’d have damaged the Sabres asset and would be liable for all kinds of damages and future revenue lost. And have no legal leg to stand on. And the entire force of the NHL lawyers would reign on him because they would make sure no one so much as thought to do it again.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins fan in peace. As you are aware we lost dk . We need a center bad . Jack would be perfect fit. What would it take to make a deal? Obviously McAvoy and pasta would be off limits but many others would be. Our prospect pool isnt the deepest but we do still have solid young players that could help you guys. I would send a offer like studnicka vaak our 1st round pick 2022 2nd round pick 2023 jake debrusk and moore for cap help to fit Jack. Not sure if this would work.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Eichel and his masshole agents can kick rocks. Prove you need this specific unproven (relative to the NHL) surgery or shut the **** up

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Bruins fan in peace. As you are aware we lost dk . We need a center bad . Jack would be perfect fit. What would it take to make a deal? Obviously McAvoy and pasta would be off limits but many others would be. Our prospect pool isnt the deepest but we do still have solid young players that could help you guys. I would send a offer like studnicka vaak our 1st round pick 2022 2nd round pick 2023 jake debrusk and moore for cap help to fit Jack. Not sure if this would work.

The Bruins don't really have ammo to get Jack. And given recent events........I highly, highly, highly (etc) doubt that KA would even entertain sending Jack to his hometown team.

My guess right now is that KA's preferred destination for Jack is somewhere in the Sahara.

Reactions: The don godfather

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I like to imagine Kevyn was sitting in bed beside his wife, re-reading one of his favourite novels when this tweet got sent out.

Reactions: kirby11

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Imagine the tribute video when he plays his first game against us lol.
Free posters to the first 2000 ticketholders (assuming there are that many)
E7l0onzXIActiJQ

A side note, I can't imagine that whatever health insurance plan the Sabres have for their players would cover a surgery of this type that the team doctors didn't approve.

I just wonder how expensive it would be for Eichel to have to pay on his own? It can't be cheap.
Eichel could afford it, and it would be a good bet on himself to have it and not leave tens of millions of dollars on the table.

I'm not equating the two situations, but I remind the youngsters that Mr. NY Ranger, Rod Gilbert, had two spinal fusion surgeries while a young player, retired as the highest scoring RW of all time (at the time of his retirement) and is in the HHOF. Medical skill and knowledge is likely several fold better now than then. I'm not diminishing the severity of Eichel's situation (assuming everyone is being honest), and I firmly believe surgery should be the option of last resort, but for negotiating pusposes, the situation should be approached with a high probability he will play hockey at a high level for several years.

Reactions: Eich Jackel

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Does the injury arbitration process even allow for Eichel to overrule the team doctors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad