Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 5 -- Will he be a Sabre next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
That's not close to a starting point. Trocheck is one year from UFA. His value for this is basically evening out salary. Necas+Jarvis+Bean is a starting point. I'm not familiar enough with their prospect pool to really dig in more.
Fair enough, didn’t realize that he was almost UFA. Your proposal is definitely superior

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I guess he doesn't need surgery then?
(Not directed singularly to you...)

No agent of a player who is trying to force his way out of town - in any sport - is going to say his client is feeling bad / has a debilitating injury, as it both lessens the number of suitors for him and delays a potential trade, if such trade is even possible (by BUF).

The sarcastic response would have been, "Jack feels great! He feels great about playing hockey elsewhere as soon as possible. The Sabres organization is his bigger pain in the neck."

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Zegras is developing better but Mittelstadt was the #1 drafted prospect in the world before playing pro. It's easy to roll your eyes at that now to make a point but these players are not guaranteed to be stars.

Why do people keep repeating this? Pronman was the only guy to have Mittelstadt #1 and he regularly has some out there rankings.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
(Not directed singularly to you...)

No agent of a player who is trying to force his way out of town - in any sport - is going to say his client is feeling bad / has a debilitating injury, as it both lessens the number of suitors for him and delays a potential trade, if such trade is even possible (by BUF).

The sarcastic response would have been, "Jack feels great! He feels great about playing hockey elsewhere as soon as possible. The Sabres organization is his bigger pain in the neck."

What his agent says doesn't matter because doctors still have to sign off before a deal is made. If his agent says he feels great that certainly won't fool any medical staff. I'm sure his agent knows that.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Beniers goes #2 (not that kind of going #2, the draft pick) and Sabres think the best forward in the draft is there at #3, make the deal and get as much as you can on top of #3, just make the deal.

What is the *best* asset available. #3? Turcotte? Identify the best asset available and settle with whatever else additional you can get.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
*reads posts on the trade board from a Rangers fan saying Eichel is only worth Strome and conditional draft choices*

*begins to type*

*steps away because at some point, people go so into la-la land that retrieval becomes impracticable*

Bernmeister, and he'll use many, many, unnecessary words to try and convince you what he says is "the truth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad