Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 5 -- Will he be a Sabre next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
So, you are hoping the Sabres act quickly to avoid another ROR return?

Don't you see the irony of your own post?

Seeing as the Sabres didn't act with the urgency needed, and were then forced by their own timeline, that they had to settle for STL's package since nobody else was willing to kick the tires, yeah, there is a point, that if you're looking to move a guy, that you could be too late, and would be forced to accept the only available package. I'm sure other GMs are hoping that is the case, that Buffalo once again as a deadline to get rid of Eichel.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
It's practically the worst nightmare possible. He's seriously injured, isn't getting the treatment he thinks he needs, and doesn't want to play for the Sabres.

Reactions: Hockey Gamer

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
It's practically the worst nightmare possible. He's seriously injured, isn't getting the treatment he thinks he needs, and doesn't want to play for the Sabres.

All the above has a degree of subjectivity to it. We personally don't know how severe his injury is, nor the probabilities of full and partial recovery under various treatment regimens. We do know the treatment he thinks he needs hasn't been done successfully on multiple pro-athletes playing contact sports, whereas other treatment regimens have been successful, to partial or full degree. (that isn't to say that only one treatment course can be successful, just that it isn't as black and white as perhaps inferred above). We also don't know if he'd want to play for the Sabres with their current head coach, and hypothetically improved goaltending depth & roster talent.

Some would say that's nowhere near as much a nightmare as Jeff Skinner, who isn't injured, has access to any/all care he needs, specifically wants to play for Buffalo, costs $9M per year for the next 6 years, and has produced (pro-rated to an 82-game season) 25 +/- 5 points per season the past two COVID-shortened seasons.

Perspective.

Reactions: paulmm3

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Carolina? There's a name I hadn't even considered. Like at all. They wouldn't part with Svechnikov for Eichel, would they?

Assuming Svech and Aho are off the table........the offer would have to start with Jarvis, Bean and a couple of firsts. Dunno if that's enough to compete with teams like LA or ANA.

I can't imagine Svech being on the table.

Carolina will also want to send a contract or two back, as well.

My guess is that there offer is something more like Jarvis, 1st, and a couple of vets like Nino and Trochek.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I can't imagine Svech being on the table.

Carolina will also want to send a contract or two back, as well.

My guess is that there offer is something more like Jarvis, 1st, and a couple of vets like Nino and Trochek.
That's like a slightly juiced ROR deal. 2 decent vets who walk in 11 months a maybe and a bigger maybe. that'd be ugly even if ya like Jarvis.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I’m starting to hope he just stays haha.
Pray.
FB_IMG_1626386474794.jpg

Reactions: JLewyB

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Carolina? There's a name I hadn't even considered. Like at all. They wouldn't part with Svechnikov for Eichel, would they?

Assuming Svech and Aho are off the table........the offer would have to start with Jarvis, Bean and a couple of firsts. Dunno if that's enough to compete with teams like LA or ANA.
Trocheck + Jarvis + 1st rounder would be a nice starting point

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
That's not close to a starting point. Trocheck is one year from UFA. His value for this is basically evening out salary. Necas+Jarvis+Bean is a starting point. I'm not familiar enough with their prospect pool to really dig in more.
Finally someone says Necas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad