Player Discussion Jack Eichel, Part 4 -- Do we trade him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If they can't find a normal deal but are pushed to trade him, I wouldn't mind seeing NBA craziness. Let's get a first rounder every other year for the next 10 years, and a couple roster players

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I disagree with this completely. I think it's open anywhere between now and the start of next season. I think they're trying to receive a solid return.

Any team can have a fluke season and get into the playoffs, look at Montreal this year. I wouldn't risk it with 2022/2023 picks unless you know the team is going to be bad. I don't want a late first in any package.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Oh yeah?

Bobby Mac , 2:25PM

Chad DeDominicis, 2:28PM

I mean I have no beef with Chad, but don't say he 'broke' anything.

Even if he broke it, one correct call out of dozens trades/moves doesn't make one a reliable source.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
Oh yeah?

Bobby Mac , 2:25PM

LeBrun, 2:28PM

Chad DeDominicis, 2:28PM

I mean I have no beef with Chad, but don't say he 'broke' anything.

I don't know how to put tweets in here but at 1:14 he had Rodriguez going to Pittsburgh. So he didn't have the full trade but he was certainly on it first before the TSN guys.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
I'm not going to go to bat for Chad or anything, but there's not a single connected person out there that's gotten everything "right" or knows everything that's going on. Orgs discuss deals for players weekly on the regular, and daily in times like this leading up to the expansion draft and entry draft. Unless your source has the GMs phone tapped, deals are going to slip by without much fanfare, and deals that have been talked about are going to fall through without much warning.

There's enough of a reason to think Chad knows/knew someone in the org, but to expect him (or any other person with sources) to call everything is a bit unrealistic. What he says will perk my ears up a bit more than it would from someone like PHam, but I'm not gonna order a custom Zegras jersey based on his reporting alone.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He broke that Ristolainen was bad five years and counting before anyone in the Sabres organization has figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad