Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
It’s time
Eichel
Reinhart

That should be our top 6 centres next season no questions ask. Hell it should start now but I’d rather it start with Quenneville behind the bench

It’s a NO BRAINER. Sam couldn’t drive a line and wasn’t near the player he is now when he got his shot at centre, he could never drive a line back then. Let him do it now.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
It’s a NO BRAINER. Sam couldn’t drive a line and wasn’t near the player he is now when he got his shot at centre, he could never drive a line back then. Let him do it now.
I’m moving Casey to wing. Find someone to centre the 3rd line. Sam was drafted 2nd overall to play Center, he needs to play there.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Mitts - Eichel - XXX/Nylander
Skinner - Reino - XXX/Nylander

Let’s get this show rolling boys. Plus who knows where we are drafting yet. That XXX could be a top 3 pick.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He did drive the line last fall. His linemates were just horrendous.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
It’s time
Eichel
Reinhart

That should be our top 6 centres next season no questions ask. Hell it should start now but I’d rather it start with Quenneville behind the bench
When they didn't do it to start the season I lost all interest in this season. Mittelstadt should have never started at center.

The decision makers frustrate me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In a year of an offense explosion, and at one point, being on pace, it's really disheartening to see him drop off the pace so badly.

For the first 37 games of the season (about half of the year): 106 point pace 10-3-18 to 12-22-18
For the last 36 games of the season (up to this past game) 66 point pace 12-24-18 to Present Day

Before the Toronto games he went 9 games without an assist, currently on a 5 game goal less streak.

He did seem to get injured around the week between Christmas and New Year’s and then ultimately missed a couple of games. I suspect that has something to do with the downturn in his offensive production.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Mitts - Eichel - XXX
Skinner - Reino - Nylander
Sheary - XXX - Olofsson
Smith - ERod - Okposo/Thompson

Really to me with the right coach and finding those right XXX players this is a pretty legit lineup IMO.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
doesn't matter what Sam was drafted as. He is an NHL winger. Let him excel at that instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole a la Ruff

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
doesn't matter what Sam was drafted as. He is an NHL winger. Let him excel at that instead of forcing a square peg into a round hole a la Ruff
It is not the same. We have seen time and again in the league where natural centers play wing for seasons before moving back to center. It is too early to declare Reinhart is not an NHL center. He needs a legit look at the position before that can be declared.

Whether you want to move him from a position he has succeeded at to try him at center is another matter. To that I'd say that we are playing for nothing right now. The team isn't good. Lines are not working. Lastly, there is no way Reinhart isn't a better center right now than Mittelstadt. So, yeah. Try him at center.

Reactions: OkimLom

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
How would we know that if the alternative has never been seriously tried. Erod is an NHL winger, too, yet he's been played at center due to necessity. Why not Reinhart.

Reactions: BananaSquad

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I think it comes down to two possibilities: The coach and GM are creatively inept when it comes to their lineup, or the coach and GM are too timid to force Reinhart to center.

Three-quarters of the coaches in this league would've said "I don't give a shit the team needs a center". And if not the GM would have.

It's not like they've even given him the run at center needed to eliminate it as a possibility, unless in their eyes his whatever-number game stint with AHL wingers last year was enough to do so.

Someone please just get me out of this limbo. Skinner up in the air, Head coach up the air. I can't take it much longer.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

We are forcing a square peg into a round hole at the moment. Nothing about Reinhart’s strengths and weaknesses say he should be a winger.

The only ones saying he’s a winger are/were two first time GM’s and two coaches that are terrible at player assessment based on the eye ball test and analytics. These boards are flooded with comments about the past two coaches ineptness with their decisions with lines. To say he’s a NHL winger because that’s where these two idiots decided to play him there is laughable.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
We are forcing a square peg into a round hole at the moment. Nothing about Reinhart’s strengths and weaknesses say he should be a winger.

The only ones saying he’s a winger are/were two first time GM’s and two coaches that are terrible at player assessment based on the eye ball test and analytics. These boards are flooded with comments about the past two coaches ineptness with their decisions with lines. To say he’s a NHL winger because that’s where these two idiots decided to play him there is laughable.
He's a winger because he would get constantly beaten on the backcheck.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
He's a winger because he would get constantly beaten on the backcheck.

He’s usually the first forward back. The problem with Reinhart’s skating is when he has to constantly start and stop like he has to while he’s a winger along the boards. When he’s in constant motion he’s more than effective.

Reactions: RWatson29

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
He’s usually the first forward back. The problem with Reinhart’s skating is when he has to constantly start and stop like he has to while he’s a winger along the boards. When he’s in constant motion he’s more than effective.
Yeah, i really dislike his acceleration. Maybe he can get a bit better still in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad