Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Sabres team doctor.

nick-riviera-1906883.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What would you suggest as a trade to get their attention?

Caulfield, Suzuki, 1st + ? They'd probably have no interest in Kotkaniemi at all and if they're to lose offense, they'd probably look for offense in return, so probably no interest in Guhle or other D prospects? Genuinely asking as I have no idea, especially this year as I haven't followed teams outside the North Division

If Eichel asks for a trade, chances are the return won't be anywhere near what his actual value is. So I don't think it would involve both those bolded guys.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Fully expect the Rags to go after him given what Dolan said last week, hope they overpay like hell, destroy their cap and end up barely being better than they currently are.

Reactions: Voight

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Fully expect the Rags to go after him given what Dolan said last week, hope they overpay like hell, destroy their cap and end up barely being better than they currently are.

I can't remember the last time the Sabres won a big deal (ROR #1, 2015?), so I'd expect us to lose this one too.

Btw, lost in all this, Sam Reinhart is definitely available too. He wants to return about as much as Eichel.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
If Eichel asks for a trade, chances are the return won't be anywhere near what his actual value is. So I don't think it would involve both those bolded guys.
I think there are going to be at least 10 teams making offers so whoever wants him is going to need to pay up. The Sabres have him under contract for 5 years and I can tell you right now the fans would rather see him sit than see another O'Reilly situation. There will be a large scale fan mutiny if they mess this up.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

eichel is signed for term so I think he will get at least 1 piece like that if not 2 even with a trade demand

stone got brannstrom (stone was expiring until extension)
karlsson got a projected middle first, projected mid tier prospect and role players (with an expiring contract)

eichel with term and no nmc right now will have huge value even with a demand. It may not be peak eichel value but probably in the 70-80% range at least imo.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Given that he added the caveat that 'the team holds a lot of cards', it makes me think he asked for a trade and they told him 'no'.

TBH, if I was in Buffalo's position, that's what I'd say unless I was getting the same kind of player back (which I don't think exists). Or I'd trade him to the Bruins for a song...one of those two things.

Reactions: Ivo and cptjeff

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I just don’t believe he would be moved unless he refused to play. He’s just too good of a player and he has a long term deal. Different story if it was one or two years until UFA.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I think if they can get some NHL-ready pieces for him, the team can be presentable. I don't know about playoffs, because that Atlantic division is gonna be a monster.

If Reinhart wants to follow him, that's the real kick in the balls.

Where does the Reinhardt talk come from ? Big season pricing himself out or has he actually verbalized his displeasure?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Eichel return is absolutely not going to be what people expect, I don't care how many teams are bidding. Sabres are probably looking at a top prospect, a roster player, and multiple 1sts.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
HOLY overpayment. Do people just think Eichel is Draisaitl or McDavid now because of his name? Guy has never even topped 90 points and you wanna give 3 1sts for him?
Edmonton does in a heartbeat. We'll also add.

Also this entire situation sounds like the Oilers in the Sheldon Souray era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad