News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
See ya Chytil and Nils and Kakko and 3 1st round picks
Honestly, if I'm NYR... I'd try and haggle the number of 1sts down, but that sounds about right.

Especially given NYR's spotty record of developing young forward talent lately. Eichel's what you hope the Laf's and Kakko's of the world turn into.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
When was the last time a young franchise player on a long term contract was traded? Has it ever happened?
I guess Carter/Richards maybe

Ryan Johansen as well (although he ended up not living up to the hype) and was a RFA.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Habs need to be all over him
What would you suggest as a trade to get their attention?

Caulfield, Suzuki, 1st + ? They'd probably have no interest in Kotkaniemi at all and if they're to lose offense, they'd probably look for offense in return, so probably no interest in Guhle or other D prospects? Genuinely asking as I have no idea, especially this year as I haven't followed teams outside the North Division

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Just before the season i said that buffalo would stumble, they fire the coach, Hall leaves at the deadline because he love the coach, and Eichel leaves in the off season.

I got ridiculed for that take and even one Sabres fan commented on how quickly McDavid will leave Edmonton.

As much as I don't want to see any franchise struggle because as a fan I know how heart breaking it is, I'd love to find that thread lol

Reactions: TheNumber4

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I really appreciate Papi in comparison to Eichel and Laine.
I mean, Laine's trade request was a lot sillier. Eichel's trade request is perfectly reasonable when he hasn't even sniffed a playoff run in his 6 years in the league, on top of being on an org with dumpster fire meddlesome ownership that apparently didn't want him to get surgery for his rib/back issue he was playing through.

And you can't compare Matthews's situation to his - despite the lack of playoff success, he's been in the dance every single year, comfortably so in most years. His biggest problem was having a coach who would basically go out of his way to neuter his production and that's gone.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Honestly, if I'm NYR... I'd try and haggle the number of 1sts down, but I'd do that.

Especially given NYR's spotty record of developing young forward talent lately. Eichel's what you hope the Laf's and Kakko's of the world turn into.
Eichel also makes 10mil a year, is already 25, and is coming off a serious injury. I'm not totally opposed to trading for him but i'm hesitant to put all the eggs in that basket

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I know the inclination for some might be to target Eichel here but is there a bigger gong show than the Sabres (other than possibly Arizona)?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah, no great way to paint that. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s asked to move on from Buffalo. I think the questions surrounding his injury could make his value come down a tad. The other question being if he will even be ready for camp next year. He might still need surgery.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
the kings have the deepest prospect pool (imo) so if they decide to offer some of their prospects then I dont see anyone topping that. Will they do that is a different question.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Just before the season i said that buffalo would stumble, they fire the coach, Hall leaves at the deadline because he love the coach, and Eichel leaves in the off season.

I got ridiculed for that take and even one Sabres fan commented on how quickly McDavid will leave Edmonton.

As much as I don't want to see any franchise struggle because as a fan I know how heart breaking it is, I'd love to find that thread lol
yeah I said it last year and got roasted for it. I also called Hall not staying in NJ and Tavares in NYI. You can just tell where these things are headed.

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Buffalo is gonna tank for next two years to get either Wright, Bedard or Michkov or even two of them. The team probably doesn't need good young NHL ready players, it needs good but not ready prospects and 2022 and 2023 picks.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I think if they can get some NHL-ready pieces for him, the team can be presentable. I don't know about playoffs, because that Atlantic division is gonna be a monster.

If Reinhart wants to follow him, that's the real kick in the balls.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
" Wherever that may be ", did he actually say that or Is the author paraphrasing?

If so that's obviously pretty ominous.

Reactions: NHL WAR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad