News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
who is desperate? I'd keep him myself and force him to learn to be a man and a leader by surrounding with proper coaching and role players and reap the rewards of a top 10 talent in the league.

Sabres fans aren't the ones starting these proposals genius. It's other teams looking to spend 3 quarters for a dollar in return.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not fans of other teams reporting that your owner and GM want to settle this soon because of the medical disagreement. Whatever fans of BUF, ANA, LA or anyone else wants to have happen.... the reality is that the team is trading him and everyone knows it, and that it will likely happen before the draft.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The 3rd overall is just another lottery ticket it means nothing could be the next galchenyuk .

You guys keep saying "injury "im telling you right now if it was serious no team would be trying to get him hes just trying to get out of buffalo

Personally, I think Eichel will be fine. That said, there are enough question marks that I think it will drive down his value a touch. As for the 3rd overall pick, yeah-it is somewhat of a crapshoot but if I'm the Sabres and I can come out of this draft with Power with the #1 overall pick and someone like Beniers with the 3rd plus several other assets in an Eichel deal it might make some sense even though in a vacuum Eichel is the highest profile player.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
No one is desperate to trade Jack. Buffalo can afford to sit and wait for an acceptable return for at least 12 months and absolutely should not rush to trade him
Except the team doesn't want to have to face the responsibility of the injury situation and the treatment. If Jack Eichel is still on BUF in June of 2022 I will leave HF forever.

So let it be written. Show shall it be done.

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Ledge And Dairy

The 3rd overall is just another lottery ticket it means nothing could be the next galchenyuk .

You guys keep saying "injury "im telling you right now if it was serious no team would be trying to get him hes just trying to get out of buffalo
It could also be the next Draisaitl. Buffalo is apparently very confident in their understanding of this years draft class so I would assume at #3 they can pick someone of at least Dubois caliber

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
That’s very debatable… what does a package look like from la in your opinion that is so much better? (No byfield) I just assume you prob don’t know any ducks assets outside of zegras

For me, to send Eichel to California, it should be (if more than one player or pick is there it’s listed by preference):

From Anaheim:
- Zegras/3rd
- Comtois
- Dostal
- Lacombe
- Perrault
- Terry
- Lundestrom
- Jones/Tracey
- other draft picks that aren’t a 1st this year
- Eriksson Ek
- cap dump like Silfverberg

Kings:
- Byfield
- Vilardi
- Turcotte/8th
- Bjornfot
- Anderson-Dolan
- Fagemo/Kaliyev
- Faber/Grans
- other picks that aren’t a 1st
- cap dumps like Iafallo

And it’s not like Silfverberg or Iafallo are cap dumps. They’re just there to come closer to balance salaries so they’re not part of the return.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When I see or hear the Sabres GM and/or owner state they are 'intent on trading him,' I will believe it. That has NOT happened yet, no matter how much you want it to happen. All they have done is accepted calls from other teams and talked. Period. That may change in the future, but right now it's just a lot of smoke.
Fair enough. And likewise when I hear the ANA, LA or NYR Gms say they are "intent on trading Zegras/Byfield/Laf" I will believe it. That has NOT happened yet. All that has happened is that BUF has asked for them. Period.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For me, to send Eichel to California, it should be (if more than one player or pick is there it’s listed by preference):

From Anaheim:
- Zegras/3rd
- Comtois
- Dostal
- Lacombe
- Perrault
- Terry
- Lundestrom
- Jones/Tracey
- other draft picks that aren’t a 1st this year
- Eriksson Ek
- cap dump like Silfverberg

Kings:
- Byfield
- Vilardi
- Turcotte/8th
- Bjornfot
- Anderson-Dolan
- Fagemo/Kaliyev
- Faber/Grans
- other picks that aren’t a 1st
- cap dumps like Iafallo

And it’s not like Silfverberg or Iafallo are cap dumps. They’re just there to come closer to balance salaries so they’re not part of the return.
Oh I agree on the last part, cap being moved is just to make it easier to take on the 10 mil.

Out of curiosity you have vilardi over turcotte? I like vilardi but I think I have turcotte and 8th over him

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not fans of other teams reporting that your owner and GM want to settle this soon because of the medical disagreement..... the reality is that the team is trading him and everyone knows it, and that it will likely happen before the draft.

Show me the link to Buffalo's GM or owner saying this please? Or stop spewing this sheit. TSN clickbait 'insiders' saying "I THINK..." is not truth. It's their opinion, which they are entitled to. But you, you have no freakin clue what the GM and owner are saying/thinking.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Except the team doesn't want to have to face the responsibility of the injury situation and the treatment. If Jack Eichel is still on BUF in June of 2022 I will leave HF forever.

So let it be written. Show shall it be done.
I said “am I the chosen one?”

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Buffalo fans, serious question: Are you all comfortable with Luukkonen as your goalie of the future? Or would Dostal be of serious interest to you? I just don't know how UPL's progression has gone.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Show me the link to Buffalo's GM or owner saying this please? Or stop spewing this sheit. TSN clickbait 'insiders' saying "I THINK..." is not truth. It's their opinion, which they are entitled to. But you, you have no freakin clue what the GM and owner are saying/thinking.

Right. All is hunky dory. Jack hearts Terry. Kim hearts Jack. Kevyn hearts everyone.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Fair enough. And likewise when I hear the ANA, LA or NYR Gms say they are "intent on trading Zegras/Byfield/Laf" I will believe it. That has NOT happened yet. All that has happened is that BUF has asked for them. Period.

Buffalo FANS have asked for them, yes. We do not know what Buffalo's GM/owner asked for when teams called. We don't know what ANA/LA/NYR GMs suggested. Until they are quoted or specifically say it on a Zoom call, it's all just speculation. On both sides.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
It could also be the next Draisaitl. Buffalo is apparently very confident in their understanding of this years draft class so I would assume at #3 they can pick someone of at least Dubois caliber

Would you trade your star player for a 3rd overall pick is this years draft ? Obviously not .

But a franchise player is worth that ?

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
We didn't have the best prospect in the NHL by multiple scouts/analysts and Drysdale last year, also had injuries as well (top 3 most games missed as a team). Eichel is a huge get and a top 5 center when healthy.

Our defense should be

Lindholm Manson
Fleury Drydsdale
Fowler Shattenkirk

We have an elite goalie, and our young kids will be a year older (Zegras, Drysdale, Terry, Fleury (underrated trade here), Comtois, Steel, Jones, etc.) , the division also sucks ass next year. We COULD trade players like Manson or Rakell if needed for picks and use those picks for more roster players if needed. Eichel would accelerate the rebuild instantly.

Getzlaf Eichel Rakell
Comtois Zegras ?
Steel Henrique Terry

Lindholm Manson
Fleury Drysdale
Fowler Shattenkirk

Gibson

Would compete for a playoff spot easily next season pending injuries. Maybe sign someone like Hoffman or Palmieri

Oh you just need all of those things to happen just to compete for a playoff spot. If you make the playoffs you arent going far.

Oh and you want to land one of the top 5 centers in the league (Your words) and give up nothing important. Then you hope his injury isn't as bad as it could be.

I like your optimism but until you actually do it and show it you are a playoff team you arent.

The Ducks up until now have been doing a nice job on a rebuild. This isn't a video game where you can trade nothing and sign whatever players you want. Ducks should continue their rebuild through the draft then make a splash when they are ready.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Ducks can contend next year if they get Eichel. Two young potential superstars in Drysdale and Zegras, Top 5 Goalie in Gibson with a very, very good Defense and pretty good forwards. Add players like Hoffman, Saad, Coleman, Woods , Athanasiou in the top 9 and they will contend rather quickly

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Buffalo fans, serious question: Are you all comfortable with Luukkonen as your goalie of the future? Or would Dostal be of serious interest to you? I just don't know how UPL's progression has gone.

Slowed by injury, definitely not ready yet. Needs a full, healthy season in the AHL, then gauge where he's at. Goalie of the future? Prob not, but it's early. I don't know anything about Dostal except his numbers look quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA