News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Of the teams that could win the 1st or 2nd overall pick, who could/would want to put together a package for Eichel?

I would guess Los Angeles, Vancouver, Detroit, and Columbus. But scratch off Detroit because the Sabres aren't going to trade him within the division.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Pastrnak, any D-man outside of the top 3, 1st round pick.

Definitely not the consensus on the Bruins board. Pretty much no one would move Pasta or McAvoy for him. It just creates a massive hole on another part of the roster. Moving Carlo would make some people unhappy but we’d understand it. Ideally it’s DeBrusk, some prospects, and picks, but that’s probably not enough unless Jake has a massive playoff

Reactions: Lo97

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Either way you slice it, would expect Buffalo would want a top centre coming back. Especially if reinhart is being roped into the same deal (which seems far fetched).

Is Buffalo wanting to rebuild (again)? Or want a tangible player(s) that can instantly be injected into the lineup? That would be key in knowing as it changes what team can offer these things.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
There’s baggage with echelon, just like with laine, buyer beware. I mean besides that he has a medical issue, but it’s a contested medical issue on how to go about treating it. In a flat cap world, eichel’s caphit today is likely looked at differently then it was 1.5 yrs ago. Considering Buffalo wants the moon for him, and it’s their prerogative to do so, I’d stay clear of eichel.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The Sabres will certainly lose this trade, but there are degrees of loss that are a little more acceptable. How badly they lose it will dictate whether they take 2,3,4 or even more years to rebuild again.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Whats a package from Columbus look like that doesnt include Jones/Werenski?
It’s impossible to imagine any deal with CBJ. Sorry. Even including Werenski (having to resign Jones makes that a non-starter), there isn’t a deal that makes sense.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Here’s something I came up with... Let’s see how I do:

:flames
Eichel
Olofsson

:blues
Tkachuk
2021 3rd (MTL)

:sabres
Monahan
Pelletier
Kyrou
Dunn
2021 1st (CGY) -> 12th OA
2022 1st (STL) (can defer pick to 2023 if STL misses playoffs and chooses to pick in 2022).
2022 2nd (CGY)

Breakdown:
Eichel and Olofsson —> Tkachuk + Monahan + 2021 1st (CGY) + Pelletier + 2022 2nd (CGY)
Tkachuk to St. Louis —> Tkachuk + 2021 3rd (MTL) for Kyrou + Dunn + 2022/23 1st (STL)

Tkachuk probably wants to choose where he wants to play, so I wanted to make sure Buffalo got some solid value for him from a team that Tkachuk would go and play for. Monahan is the stopgap 1C until Cozens/Mittelstadt surpass him. Kyrou can play C/RW.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Whats a package from Columbus look like that doesnt include Jones/Werenski?

Don't really see a deal with CBJ even with Werenski included. It's impossible to see a deal without him.

Yes, Seth Jones is an amazing defenseman, but if the Sabres traded for him....they better be damned certain he'd re-sign. Which is why Jones isn't all that attractive in a deal for Eichel.

You guys just don't have the high-end pieces that other teams will have.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Don't really see a deal with CBJ even with Werenski included. It's impossible to see a deal without him.

Yes, Seth Jones is an amazing defenseman, but if the Sabres traded for him....they better be damned certain he'd re-sign. Which is why Jones isn't all that attractive in a deal for Eichel.

You guys just don't have the high-end pieces that other teams will have.

As a neutral fan Im just trying to think outside the box here.

Leaving Jones/Werenski out I still think CBJ has interesting futures pieces.

Liam Foudy
(3) 1st Round Picks 21
1st Round Pick 22

A goalie in Korpisalo/Merlikins
A vet like Boone Jenner who provides a plug n play but has value as well if he gets flipped

Id have to imagine theres a package amongst that which could be made?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Eichel
Olofsson

Tkachuk
2021 3rd (MTL)

Monahan
Pelletier
Kyrou
Dunn
2022 1st (STL) (can defer pick to 2023 if STL misses playoffs and chooses to pick in 2022).
2022 2nd (CGY)

Breakdown:
Eichel and Olofsson —> Tkachuk + Monahan + 2021 1st (CGY) + Pelletier + 2022 2nd (CGY)
Tkachuk to St. Louis —> Tkachuk + 2021 3rd (MTL) for Kyrou + Dunn + 2022/23 1st (STL)

Tkachuk probably wants to choose where he wants to play, so I wanted to make sure Buffalo got some solid value for him from a team that Tkachuk would go and play for. Monahan is the stopgap 1C until Cozens/Mittelstadt surpass him. Kyrou can play C/RW.
Sabres decline

Reactions: Joey Banana

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Eichel
Olofsson

Tkachuk
2021 3rd (MTL)

Monahan
Pelletier
Kyrou
Dunn
2022 2nd (CGY)

Breakdown:

Congratulations it's somehow terrible for all three teams. Not sure how you did it.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Trading for a franchise center that needs surgery? Price has to be low (not what you would normally expect).
Sabres deciding to let Eichel have the procedure, or trade him? And then there is Reinhart. Do you build around him or go full re-rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad