News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Healthy Eichel generates all kinds of discussion with all kinds of teams. But why would Boston trade Pasta for a guy with some sort of neck vertebra injury that doctor’s sound legitimately torn over how to treat?

Unless some team’s doctor gets to do a full evaluation on Eichel and practically guarantees management that he will fully recover, I cannot see Buffalo getting much for Eichel this off season.

If he plays next season and is healthy? Certainly. But before that, unless it’s pennies on the dollar.....holy smokes buyer beware.

I agree, Eichel won't get traded until he proves himself healthy, and maybe not even then.

Saying that, doctors aren't really torn on treatment. The Sabres ' medical team, and a second opinion both were against surgery. In fact, I believe Eichel had to go to several doctors before one recommended the surgery he wants, a surgery not done on any professional athlete outside of MMA.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
I know I’m an idiot, but it’s really easier to have good stats playing with shitty players like Auston Matthews, William Nylander, John Tavares compared to NHL all stars Jimmy Vesey, Connor Sheary, and Kyle Okposo.

Yes, but what about face off percentage and +/-? They are what REALLY tell you about a hockey player.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I agree, Eichel won't get traded until he proves himself healthy, and maybe not even then.

Saying that, doctors aren't really torn on treatment. The Sabres ' medical team, and a second opinion both were against surgery. In fact, I believe Eichel had to go to several doctors before one recommended the surgery he wants, a surgery not done on any professional athlete outside of MMA.
Thank for the medical update. Sounds like a real battle brewing. Glad I’m not in the middle of that. Neck surgery like that sounds risky — but I’m not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination.

Sabres can’t move him without getting a major haul IMO. Of course, to your point, unless he’s proven healthy they probably won’t get that. Any interested team has to either be comfortable with that surgery or somehow convince Eichel to go the non surgery route — and appearances are that’s a tough sell.

I feel for Sabres on this one.

Reactions: BowieSabresFan

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I know I’m an idiot, but it’s really easier to have good stats playing with shitty players like Auston Matthews, William Nylander, John Tavares compared to NHL all stars Jimmy Vesey, Connor Sheary, and Kyle Okposo.
Hey I didn't call you names and you shouldn't call yourself names. The guy is about 40th best player in the league, I hope his injury doesn't push him further down the list.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Thank for the medical update. Sounds like a real battle brewing. Glad I’m not in the middle of that. Neck surgery like that sounds risky — but I’m not a doctor by any stretch of the imagination.

Sabres can’t move him without getting a major haul IMO. Of course, to your point, unless he’s proven healthy they probably won’t get that. Any interested team has to either be comfortable with that surgery or somehow convince Eichel to go the non surgery route — and appearances are that’s a tough sell.

I feel for Sabres on this one.

That’s why he’s pissed. And also why the Sabres are hesitant to let him get the surgery he wants.

If he was someone like Riley Sheahan (let’s just assume he was signed next year), they’d probably be more ok with him getting the surgery done. But the face of your franchise? Yea, you’re gonna want that surgery as a last resort.

Reactions: WF19

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
To Buff: Horvat, Juolevi, Lind, Virtanen, Roussell, Chatfield, 2022 4th round pick, 2021 6th round pick

To Vancity: Eichel, 2021 3rd round pick

So if Juolevi and Lind are to balance off taking on Virtanen and Roussel, it’s basically Horvat and Chatfield for Eichel?

Good idea adding the 4th and the 6th. That should get Kevyn Adams off the fence.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So if Juolevi and Lind are to balance off taking on Virtanen and Roussel, it’s basically Horvat and Chatfield for Eichel?

Good idea adding the 4th and the 6th. That should get Kevyn Adams off the fence.
Id hate to just add picks to this deal as we never have enough but if it gets the deal done i think it works out for us and obviously for the Sabres, then we could rock:

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Podz Eichel Hoglander
Pearson Macewan Lockwood
Motte Foccht Gadlovich

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lets see Buffalo needs high picks ,and good prospects everywhere....

Shane Pinto...
One of Gusstavson/Daccord /Soogard
Our 2021 first 10th OA /TB,s 2nd rounder
One of Branstrom/JBD
Chris Tierney
One of Crookshank/Sokolov/Jarevente

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
Id hate to just add picks to this deal as we never have enough but if it gets the deal done i think it works out for us and obviously for the Sabres, then we could rock:

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Podz Eichel Hoglander
Pearson Macewan Lockwood
Motte Foccht Gadlovich

Do you really think a 25-year-old with 2 goals in 4 professional seasons is the the difference between Bo Horvat and Jack Eichel?

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
To Buff: Horvat, Juolevi, Lind, Virtanen, Roussell, Chatfield, 2022 4th round pick, 2021 6th round pick

To Vancity: Eichel, 2021 3rd round pick

I'd like to get Horvat in return but the rest of that offer is...oof. It's like the Sabres tossing in Eakin, Colin Miller, Tage Thompson, and Risto as if any of that adds anything positive and meaningful

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
would you believe the Flyers have a poster on our board who said that Eichel HAS played with good players....and listed Okposo as one of them? I believe he called him a "good reliable vet".

Boy did we laugh.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I love how offers from other teams that are considered okay on here consist of mediocre young top 6 forward/top 4 defenseman+B prospect+1st+another B piece but then for some reason the ask from the Rangers is Lafreniere+Shesterkin+Lundkvist or no deal

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love how offers from other teams that are considered okay on here consist of mediocre young top 6 forward/top 4 defenseman+B prospect+1st+another B piece but then for some reason the ask from the Rangers is Lafreniere+Shesterkin+Lundkvist or no deal
Yeah we get the Stu or no deal...Not that Eichel would come to Ottawa happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad