Confirmed with Link: Jack Eichel has herniated disc in neck/season over

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
SAult St Marie?
Ageeffectively raised by the federal government denying federal highway funds to states who didn’t raise it. Mids-1980s. Cut down on drunk driving by teens.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Has there been a reported difference in how the Sabres want Jack's injury handled vs what Jack wants (i.e. rehab vs surgery)? I've heard a few mention it loosely during interviews, but haven't seen anything in print.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Has there been a reported difference in how the Sabres want Jack's injury handled vs what Jack wants (i.e. rehab vs surgery)? I've heard a few mention it loosely during interviews, but haven't seen anything in print.

The only thing we know is that Jack actively sought out outside opinions when he first went on the injured list.

Who knows what the team doc said and what Jack was hoping to hear with a second opinion.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The only thing we know is that Jack actively sought out outside opinions when he first went on the injured list.

Who knows what the team doc said and what Jack was hoping to hear with a second opinion.
<Jack> Hi Doc, they told me I have a herniated cervical disk which hasn't "calmed down" and I need surgery. I want another opinion.
<Doc> Get a haircut, son. No one wants to watch Kenny G in ice skates.

edit: my brother's cervical surgery was done anteriorly, through the front of the neck.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
<Jack> Hi Doc, they told me I have a herniated cervical disk which hasn't "calmed down" and I need surgery. I want another opinion.
<Doc> Get a haircut, son. No one wants to watch Kenny G in ice skates.

edit: my brother's cervical surgery was done anteriorly, through the front of the neck.

I think my dad's surgery was, as well. And then they flipped him over and took a fatty growth out of the back of his neck.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I think he'll make a full recovery and continue to be injury prone. He's got that Sammy Watkins/Zach Bogosian kind of body where he's over muscled, out of balance, and the connective tissue is too tight. He needs to put away the heavy weights and get into a serious stretching program. Lorenzo Alexander would make a good fitness coach for him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think he'll make a full recovery and continue to be injury prone. He's got that Sammy Watkins/Zach Bogosian kind of body where he's over muscled, out of balance, and the connective tissue is too tight. He needs to put away the heavy weights and get into a serious stretching program. Lorenzo Alexander would make a good fitness coach for him.

A new Auston Matthews: How a unique young trainer rebuilt the Maple Leafs star

Inside trainer Ian Mack’s plan to make Kirby Dach a dominant player for the Blackhawks

J.T. Compher gets boost form trainer who pushed Patrick Kane to career year

He might want to go live in Chicago this off season...

Maybe I should, too.

A broken-down old fat guy worked out with Patrick Kane's trainer. This is my harrowing tale.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

From the last link:
There are a handful of professional athletes here on a Wednesday afternoon, decompressing after their own hours-long workout, including the Devils’ Connor Carrick, the Avalanche’s J.T. Compher, and free agent Riley Sheahan. I’m almost certain they’re laughing at me.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad