Confirmed with Link: Jack Eichel has herniated disc in neck/season over

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I am no expert, but i would think that an upper spine injury is better for an athlete than a lower spine.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I've had an L4/L5 herniated disc, which isn't exactly rare, but a cervical herniated disc sounds scarier

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
You wonder if this is the part of his career where it all goes south, b/c of the "bad back" that will ultimately cut his career short.

One thinks of thinks of Bobby Orr and his knees, or Lemieux and his bad back that was never right after a certain point in time.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
There's no evidence the pre-training camp injury and which ended his season were the same.

Did he injure his neck in summer training and then this moment was when he aggravated the injury to point that he needed surgery?

Or were they separate? It's all speculation for now.

This is what I think happened because in training camp he was out for almost a week and missed the scrimmage too, whatever injury he had was not a small one.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I believe it was pretty heavily reported (though never confirmed) that he had a broken rib in the first part of the season.

Reactions: Stikboy555

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Ouch. Herniated discs suck a lot. Ive got a shitty neck that sometimes impedes nerves and causes aches down my arm and neck muscles to lock up. If he’s herniated a disc there I imagine he would’ve had similar symptoms. Can’t make playing easy at all.

I hope he takes the 5-6 months and comes back awesome.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would've loved to see him under Granato, because a new young core is blossoming without him.

Obviously, want him back healthy playing for Buffalo asap.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Would've loved to see him under Granato, because a new young core is blossoming without him.

Obviously, want him back healthy playing for Buffalo asap.

Same, but we probably don't manage the spectacular winless streak that got Krueger canned with him in the line-up, so silver linings.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Same, but we probably don't manage the spectacular winless streak that got Krueger canned with him in the line-up, so silver linings.

I recently made the argument to someone that the Krueger-Eichelless-losing was a net positive.

If it doesn't happen, and we're 6th in the division right now, 6 points out of the playoffs, do the Pegulas use that to justify eviscerating the hockey department as intelligent business?

Reactions: Der Jaeger

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

It’s not confirmed that he was battling the neck injury all season. Pagnotta is a hack, he’s the guy who “leaked” the Ullmark plans to test free agency “news”, which was later debunked.

It would be good news for us if true because it would explain why Eichel didn’t play or look so good this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad