Value of: Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That's an absurdly specific scenario.

People only think he'll be traded if BUF has to trade him. We've established this. That means BUF can't go "Not good enough" and keep him forever. They'd have to take a package at some point and no one is trading a ransom like Eric Lindros got, for example.
I mean it's simple then, unless buffalo is getting a franchise dman or the next no.1 overall pick, buffalo likely won't move him

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I mean it's simple then, unless buffalo is getting a franchise dman or the next no.1 overall pick, buffalo likely won't move him
It is impossible to predict because of the owners and management. Maybe if Eichel is talking about trade now or at the end of the season, then the owners get angry and tell the GM to trade him in the next month, because they can.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
nhl 2021 mode activate

Eichel For Horvat + Boeser + Hoglander/podkolzin

Sam Reinhart + Ristolanien + 2nd For Forsberg + Ekholm

Sign Nick Foglino

Sign Raanta

waive Okposo

Skinner-Horvat-Boeser
Oloffson-Cozens-Forsberg
Hoglander-Mittletstadt-Foglino
Lazar-Eakins-Girgensons

Dahlin-Borgen
Ekholm-Jokiharju
Mccabe-Miller

Raanta/Ulmark

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
It is impossible to predict because of the owners and management. Maybe if Eichel is talking about trade now or at the end of the season, then the owners get angry and tell the GM to trade him in the next month, because they can.
why would owners be angry with him? for being mad and not wanting to be a part of a long term losing team? it's not like he's a diva or locker room cancer. he's the captain of the team and still goes on the ice and produces like crazy. it would be different if he had a lazy or poor attitude that affected the team. hes a star player under contract long term that wants to win, they will dismantle around him and try to build a winner before trading him for lesser

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
why would owners be angry with him? for being mad and not wanting to be a part of a long term losing team? it's not like he's a diva or locker room cancer. he's the captain of the team and still goes on the ice and produces like crazy. it would be different if he had a lazy or poor attitude that affected the team. hes a star player under contract long term that wants to win, they will dismantle around him and try to build a winner before trading him for lesser
Because they already did that when ROR said he had lost his love for the game. They are unpredictable and constantly do stupid things to run this franchise.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Because they already did that when ROR said he had lost his love for the game. They are unpredictable and constantly do stupid things to run this franchise.
I mean but when someone like ROR kind of openly states he's lost his passion playing in buffalo that's an obvious red flag and I don't think we are there (yet). eichel is fired about his team sucking which I would always argue is a good thing. ROR seemed to kind of give up on buffalo

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I mean but when someone like ROR kind of openly states he's lost his passion playing in buffalo that's an obvious red flag and I don't think we are there (yet). eichel is fired about his team sucking which I would always argue is a good thing. ROR seemed to kind of give up on buffalo
Well, Eichel can say that he lost his love for the game or just ask for an trade, he already said in the summer that he was tired, he was tired of losing, he had his best season last year, and we still did not even get into the extended version of the playoffs, it can also be understood.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That's an absurdly specific scenario.

People only think he'll be traded if BUF has to trade him. We've established this. That means BUF can't go "Not good enough" and keep him forever. They'd have to take a package at some point and no one is trading a ransom like Eric Lindros got, for example.

No, we can. He's under contract for 5 more years. Even if decided he wanted out, his only choice other than keep playing for Buffalo is to sit at home in breach of contract.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
The best fit I thought until yesterday would've been the Devils and using Hischier, but they named him the C.

Any trade is and has to hurt the team getting Eichel.

Konecny, Sanheim, Farabee, Frost.

Zibby, Lundkvist, Kravtsov, 1st

Rossi, Boldy, Dumba, 1st

Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, Guhle/1st

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
No, we can. He's under contract for 5 more years. Even if decided he wanted out, his only choice other than keep playing for Buffalo is to sit at home in breach of contract.

Teams don't do that to their players when they really want out in the NHL. It's legally a course of action, but it's not a practical one.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The best fit I thought until yesterday would've been the Devils and using Hischier, but they named him the C.

Rossi, Boldy, Dumba, 1st

I wouldn't do it - and it doesn't work with the salaries anyway. We can't afford a 10 mill cap hit without Buff taking money back.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It really isn't that simple. Nobody suggests they should take crap.

But this "Well they'll just keep him!" thing doesn't work. If he wants out the team will deal him out.

Reactions: Kupo and wintersej

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I wouldn't do it - and it doesn't work with the salaries anyway. We can't afford a 10 mill cap hit without Buff taking money back.

Konecny, Sanheim, is 8.7 million.

Eichel is 10 mil.

Want to try again on the money?

There is zero need to take JVR and that albatross.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
nhl 2021 mode activate

Eichel For Horvat + Boeser + Hoglander/podkolzin

Sam Reinhart + Ristolanien + 2nd For Forsberg + Ekholm

Sign Nick Foglino

Sign Raanta

waive Okposo

Skinner-Horvat-Boeser
Oloffson-Cozens-Forsberg
Hoglander-Mittletstadt-Foglino
Lazar-Eakins-Girgensons

Dahlin-Borgen
Ekholm-Jokiharju
Mccabe-Miller

Raanta/Ulmark
The Nucks offer would stop at Horvat and Boeser.

no chance they are trading 50% of their top 6 for one player.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Rossi, Boldy, Dumba, 1st

Montreal and Philly maybe. Rangers and Wild deals don't look interesting. Zibanejad is completely unsuitable because of his age and term, and Dumba will not help us to reach the playoffs in the near future if we trade our best player.

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009

Rossi, Boldy, Dumba, 1st

Good post. The Devils or Rangers will go big after him.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Other way around. Players don't do that to their teams.

Of course they do. It literally just happened to Pierre-Luc Dubois.

The Blue Jackets are just fortunate that they could swap him with another promising player who needed a change of scenery (largely due to wild contract demands).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Of course they do. It literally just happened to Pierre-Luc Dubois.

The Blue Jackets are just fortunate that they could swap him with another promising player who needed a change of scenery (largely due to wild contract demands).
But Eichel has no problems with coach or players, if he wants to leave, he can tell the owners and GM about it, the price will still be high.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I would bet that people have been fired for looking at Kimmy the wrong way. Forget players, they just may take some cash and jewelry. Worth a try.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Eichel is 10 mil.

Such a farce.

ok...so the Flyers trade those 2 and Farabee....and lose 3 players for the cost of 1....and still need to replace 2 roster spots....they cost money too.

So the deal at best money wise is 11.5 with Eichel...9.5 without. So then they still need to shed 2 million.

As for JVR....albatross??? He has 18 points in 14 games. So he has 5 more points than any Sabre and more goals than and Sabre.

An albatross is Skinner with 1 point 14 games getting paid 9 million for 6 more years after this one. JVR has 2 years left and is actually productive. Amazing that people keep spewing such BS about JVR.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016

Eichel is 10 mil.

To make the cap work take out JVR in the OP and replace him with Sanheim.

So Flyers would trade Konecny, Patrick and Sanheim at a combined cap hit of 9,624,125. Flyers would need to add, so add a 1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022.

Eichel is a 10mil cap hit, so the difference going to philly would be 375,875 in the salary cap.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
To make the cap work take out JVR in the OP and replace him with Sanheim.

So Flyers would trade Konecny, Patrick and Sanheim at a combined cap hit of 9,624,125. Flyers would need to add, so add a 1st in 2021 and a 1st in 2022.

Eichel is a 10mil cap hit, so the difference going to philly would be 375,875 in the salary cap.
habs can beat this offer easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad