Value of: Jack Eichel and the Buffalo Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can't see Buffalo trading him within the conference. They're going to get a comparable package no matter where they send Eichel so I suspect they'll send him west. I hope it's the Sharks but not pretending like it's good odds. Probably Colorado.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
2021 1st
2022 1st
Romanov,Harris,Farrell

sabres want a futures package if they are tradding eichel

You are not sending them even 1 player over 5'11? Tough negotiator...
Former 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.
Watch tonight's game. Its Ottawa, again. Should be a win. .237

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
2021 1st
2022 1st
Romanov,Harris,Farrell

The offer you posted isn’t better then the Flyers offer I’ve posted your saying the Sabres would take Harris and Farrell over proven NHLers Konecny and Patrick which are still only 23 and 22 years old.

Sanheim is also in the Flyers top 4 while Romanov is on the bottom pair with either Mete or Kulak.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Sabres don't know how to draft players. So we need proven players, not more draft picks.
Quinn, Peterka, Cozens, Ryan Johnson, Dahlin, Samuelsson within the past 3 drafts just need time to develop.

Sabres need more picks IMO, it’s essential for a rebuilding team if the Sabres do intend to trade Eichel.

The hardest part is being patient enough to let the prospects develop in the Sabers case it’s even more difficult due to the long playoff drought they are currently in and the bad contracts of Skinner, Okposo don’t help matters.

The lack of a decent starting goalie has also been a problem in Buffalo as well.

Ullmark or Hutton haven’t really taken the reigns and ran away with the starting job, in fact that’s one of the biggest problems holding the Sabres back.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
2021 unprotected 1st
Mika
Shesty
Robertson
2nd rounder whenever

for Jack

Shesty is the piece that we call untouchable but will include over Fox,KAndre,Laf or Kakko(who are untouchable)
If Mika doesn't resign trade him at deadline for a 1st and a 2nd.

Sabres get a top notch goalie to start there rebuild and some premium pieces.

Fire away Mates!!

hell no excessive overpay

Reactions: bbny

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The best fit I thought until yesterday would've been the Devils and using Hischier, but they named him the C.

Any trade is and has to hurt the team getting Eichel.

Konecny, Sanheim, Farabee, Frost.

Zibby, Lundkvist, Kravtsov, 1st

Rossi, Boldy, Dumba, 1st

Suzuki, Romanov, Caufield, Guhle/1st

no to all this excessive win now bullshit that guts the team

---------

If Sabes decide to do something drastic to accommodate both eichel and hall, then it will be to move Dahlin

Eichel is staying despite lots of people trying to force non reality into reality.

Unless Jack himself says otherwise, he stays in BUF

Reactions: bbny

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
2021 1st
2022 1st
Romanov,Harris,Farrell

That's a shit offer and I'm a Habs fan.

Try Suzuki + Caufield or Guhle + Harris or Brook or Poehling + 1st + 2nd. At least something like that. You ain't gonna get a guy like Eichel for cheap unless Buffalo's GM is mentally ill.

And I love Suzuki. And Romanov. But you can't get and not give.

Reactions: alasania94

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Ask yourself if your proposal is would get you someone like Matthews, MacKinnon or Driasaitl, if the answer is no, it most likely isn’t enough for Eichel. It pains me to say as a Leaf fan, but he belongs in the same group as the guys above.

Reactions: sabremike

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ask yourself if your proposal is would get you someone like Matthews, MacKinnon or Driasaitl, if the answer is no, it most likely isn’t enough for Eichel. It pains me to say as a Leaf fan, but he belongs in the same group as the guys above.

Yeah, if you have a chance to acquire an elite talent like Eichel, and aren't giving up a superstar in return, just pick 2 of your best players + a first round pick and get it done. You will still win the trade.

For example, Habs could give up Suzuki, KK and a 1st and they would still come out winners of that trade getting a guy like Eichel.

Honestly, it will be a shame if he gets traded. Sabres vs. Leafs games are some of my favorites to watch because no matter how bad the Sabres were, Eichel always turned it up to 200 and carried their team in close games against the Leafs.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
eichel is 24, on his 3rd coach. 3rd gm. never made playoffs. sabres will retain salary to get a 1st & take cap dumps and prospects. kessel to penguins is prototype for eichel trade. what gm will willingly risk his job for a kingslayer? yzerman might be the only one & he won't lose bertuzzi, larkin or seider.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
eichel is 24, on his 3rd coach. 3rd gm. never made playoffs. sabres will retain salary to get a 1st & take cap dumps and prospects. kessel to penguins is prototype for eichel trade. what gm will willingly risk his job for a kingslayer? yzerman might be the only one & he won't lose bertuzzi, larkin or seider.
Everything about this is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad