Value of: J.T. Miller

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
If Boston wants Miller, it’s more like:

DeBrusk, Studnika + 2021 1st.

DeBrusk gives Van another Top 6 LW.

Studnika is a potential 3C.

2021 1st gives Van an opportunity to select a dman to build the prospect pool.

Boston gets a PPG forward who can play multiple positions and is on a great contract.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
If Boston wants Miller, it’s more like:

DeBrusk, Studnika + 2021 1st.

DeBrusk gives Van another Top 6 LW.

Studnika is a potential 3C.

2021 1st gives Van an opportunity to select a dman to build the prospect pool.

Boston gets a PPG forward who can play multiple positions and is on a great contract.
I think that is way too much value for Miller. Pick 2 of those 3 assets and that's probably the max

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
JT Miller + 2nd in 2021 for D Toews. Cost controlled top 4 D. You called needing D. It’s not a trade you get to win, a top 4 cost controlled D is expensive. hence the 2nd rounder back to the Avs included.

You’re joking right? You should know that offer is trash just based off of the fact that you really have to explain why it’s fair lol. If we wanted Toews we would’ve offered 2 2nd rounders for him.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Of course. Whenever you call someone saying, I need this. Be prepared to pay a lot for it. this isn’t solving a problem for the Avs, it’s taking advantage of an opportunity. Just like they did to acquire Toews and Saad. Same as Vancouver did to get JT Miller. If Vancouver calls asking about a top 4 defender, the other side is going to extract a return that will be significant.

So roll your eyes all you want but it doesn’t change that fact pattern.
These comments are always so dumb.

Other guy: "Your offer isn't remotely close or reasonable and is so bad that it may as well be considered off topic"

McJedi: "Yeah well you're the one who made the thread so therefore you have to take this garbage offer that isn't close to what the players worth is"

No one here is calling GM's and there's no reason to think Colorado is the only destination therefore no reason to imagine Colorado has any special leverage. This is a theoretical measurement of value across 30 teams. Delusional fantasies of imaginary leverage allowing garbage offers is just a dumb ego stroke, doesn't actually contribute anything.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Of coarse there's taking advantage of a situation, but even that has its limits. Toews for Miller 1 for 1 would be a win trade by the Avs (and piss poor trade by the Canucks), adding a 2nd is just stupid. Value is so far off its insulting to people that come on to these sites to get insightful hockey takes and discussion.

It wouldn’t be a win for the Avs. That’s losing a damn good player in Toews. A guy that cannot 23-25 minutes a night, Pk and PP2. and filling a need of yours. That 2nd is a key part of the deal.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You’re joking right? You should know that offer is trash just based off of the fact that you really have to explain why it’s fair lol. If we wanted Toews we would’ve offered 2 2nd rounders for him.
That offer isn’t trash at all. Sakic stole Toews from the NYIs due to their cap crunch issues and then signed him to a good 4- year deal. His value has significantly increased at this point. He’d easily be a guy that plays 24 minutes a game for a lousy team like yours. You do need to pay thru the nose for it.

Last edited:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
It wouldn’t be a win for the Avs. That’s losing a damn good player in Toews. A guy that cannot 23-25 minutes a night, Pk and PP2. and filling a need of yours. That 2nd is a key part of the deal.
A lot of the great writers used non-critical comedic characters to provide the audience with a break from the serious nature of their works. I guess you can join the list of HF clowns that distract from more serious conversations.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
According to Vancouver fans he’s worth more than Gaudreau :sarcasm:
I wouldn't trade 3 years @$5.25 in Miller for 2 years of Gaudreau @ $6.75. JG is the more skilled player no question, but Miller has provided the scoring, some grit, PK. So given contract amount, years remaining, and current production, I think I would rather have JT.

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019

You just keep digging deeper into a hole that you can't get out.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I’d consider moving him for a young blue chip defenseman like Byram. Or, maybe for a blue chip 3C like Eriksson Ek. I don’t think I’d move him for spare parts, we’d need to fill a hole as departing with him will definitely create one...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad