Value of: J.T. Miller

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
This aint it, Chief.

Keep Petey, Hog, JT, Horvat and Boeser.

Schmidt & Myers are the guys I would be trying to clear for UFA season.

Myers sure, Schmidt no chance. The Canucks defense really hasn't been the issue lately outside of a gaffe here or there. The issues are that Holtby can't stop a beach ball, the second line has gone quiet, the PP has been underwhelming and you literally are getting zero production from your bottom six.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Probably could get that first round pick that you gave up to get him to begin with. I bet a contender would like him as he's not that expensive and provides production. That can probably net you a good return for him.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I'm a big fan of JT Miller. He'd be a good fit in Boston. Bruins have some good young D; Grzelcyk, Lauzon, Zboril, Clifton, Vaakanainen...
Those pieces aren’t the pieces to get Miller. Grzelcyk is 27 and a mid pairing guy. Zboril and Lauzon are 24 and don’t have a full seasons worth of games between them. Vaakanainen is looking like a Juolevi level player. Miller was over a point per game last year and is in ppg pace again this season. Canucks would be looking for future impact pieces not serviceable NHLers.

Reactions: Canuck86

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This guy has the most negative on-ice body language of any player I have ever seen play hockey. He makes it seem like someone is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to play hockey. Would be very reluctant to trade for him regardless of how many points he puts.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
It would take a premium to get Miller, but he's not untouchable.

It would be a step back in the short term, but Podkolzin could stylistically replace Miller on the top line IMO.

This. Expecting trash offers, because what else to expect lol, but this is a player who scored 72 points in 69 games played. A 1st + prospect isn’t going to cut it. He’s on a sweetheart contract as well.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
This guy has the most negative on-ice body language of any player I have ever seen play hockey. He makes it seem like someone is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to play hockey. Would be very reluctant to trade for him regardless of how many points he puts.

This is true, but on the other hand last year he was an amazing leader for our group. Would drag guys into the fight.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If you would consider the trade fair value, or God forbid agree to it, we probably don't want it in exchange for Miller.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Miller retained for Fehervary/Alexeyev + 1st + Panik to balance the cap

Overpayment but gamble on Miller being a younger better Oshie helping Caps at faceoffs, even strength, PK and defensive play. Vancouver gets the blue chip defensive prospect they're looking for and a 1st rounder

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'd move him for a cost controlled top 4 defenceman, for sure.

JT Miller + 2nd in 2021 for D Toews. Cost controlled top 4 D. You called needing D. It’s not a trade you get to win, a top 4 cost controlled D is expensive. hence the 2nd rounder back to the Avs included.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
JT Miller + 2nd in 2021 for D Toews. Cost controlled top 4 D. You called needing D. It’s not a trade you get to win, a top 4 cost controlled D is expensive. hence the 2nd rounder back to the Avs included.
Of course, the avs, who are otherwise going to lose a good player to expansion, are the ones who get the win. *Rolls eyes*

That said, if i were Canucks gm, I'd consider a Toews for Miller trade. Not sure i make it, but i certainly consider it.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Of course, the avs, who are otherwise going to lose a good player to expansion, are the ones who get the win. *Rolls eyes*

That said, if i were Canucks gm, I'd consider a Toews for Miller trade. Not sure i make it, but i certainly consider it.

Of course. Whenever you call someone saying, I need this. Be prepared to pay a lot for it. this isn’t solving a problem for the Avs, it’s taking advantage of an opportunity. Just like they did to acquire Toews and Saad. Same as Vancouver did to get JT Miller. If Vancouver calls asking about a top 4 defender, the other side is going to extract a return that will be significant.

So roll your eyes all you want but it doesn’t change that fact pattern.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
a 1st rounder we call it a day.
Awful, knee-jerk take.

Canucks aren't dealing J.T. Miller despite all of the reactionaries on the Canucks boards. You're a poster that I often agree with, but the idea that we're going to dump last year's revelation (on a stupendously good contract) because he's had a rough 20 games during a weird quarantine year is absolutely asinine.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Of course. Whenever you call someone saying, I need this. Be prepared to pay a lot for it. this isn’t solving a problem for the Avs, it’s taking advantage of an opportunity. Just like they did to acquire Toews and Saad. Same as Vancouver did to get JT Miller. If Vancouver calls asking about a top 4 defender, the other side is going to extract a return that will be significant.

So roll your eyes all you want but it doesn’t change that fact pattern.
Of coarse there's taking advantage of a situation, but even that has its limits. Toews for Miller 1 for 1 would be a win trade by the Avs (and piss poor trade by the Canucks), adding a 2nd is just stupid. Value is so far off its insulting to people that come on to these sites to get insightful hockey takes and discussion.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
People realize he has been over PPG since he got here, including playoffs, and is on one of the best contracts in the league? In a flat cap world, if he goes on the market (which he won't), he will get a massive return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad