Prospect Info: J.T. Miller

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I don't know if you guys have been keeping up with him since he was sent down but the guy is dominating with so far including tonight 24 points in 22 games since being sent down. Why in the heck is he still down there...does he get a solidified spot next season with some many of our guys going to FA:sarcasm:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Right now JTM seems too good for the AHL but not good enough for a top 6 NHL position. I expect him to get the 3rd line center spot next year when brad leaves. I also hope Lindberg can challenge for that spot.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
JT will be a pretty good player very soon. i don't know why some people keep including him in some trade proposals.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Physically, he's ready - and he has the skills. His weakness has been decision-making. Tries to do a little too much himself and occasionally makes scary passes in front of his own goal.

I can't emphasize enough how excellent he was in that respect tonight, however. It's only one game, but hopefully it's a sign of progress on his part, because that's the only thing that's holding him back from being an NHL center - potentially in the top 6.

SupersonicMonkey*

If i had to guess, the young Wolf Pack players would benefit greatly from quality professional leaders to develop around.

Haley and Powe aren't exactly it.

Miller, Fast, Lindberg, and Kristo are solid players, but they have no real quality veteran help.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If i had to guess, the young Wolf Pack players would benefit greatly from quality professional leaders to develop around.

Miller, Fast, Lindberg, and Kristo are solid players, but they have no real quality veteran help.

Alright we've had enough of Nash's bs send that ****er down!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I'd blame Gernander before guys like Powe and Haley.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I was hoping he would get a better look this year when our players were struggling. Now that the team is rolling no chance. He could very well replace Dominic Moore or Boyler if either one of them go

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Miller reminds of that smart 1st round pick the Bruins selected who developed into a 25/35 2C that overpowered us with his size and skill. He's a younger Dubinsky with more talent. He's going to be a good player for us.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Miller reminds of that smart 1st round pick the Bruins selected who developed into a 25/35 2C that overpowered us with his size and skill. He's a younger Dubinsky with more talent. He's going to be a good player for us.

Yes exactly^^^ his forechecking and work along the boards is solid , going old school with this WE NEED MORE JAM. Which he brings...he just needs a little seasoning I guess in the ahl hopefully he cracks a spot with NYR next season.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Yes exactly^^^ his forechecking and work along the boards is solid , going old school with this WE NEED MORE JAM. Which he brings...he just needs a little seasoning I guess in the ahl hopefully he cracks a spot with NYR next season.

I think he's talking about Bergeron.

Bergeron wasn't a first so this riddle is just cray

Wow, had to look this up. 45th overall. Nearly a 1st round pick, but not technically.

Wasn't talking about Bergeron. Was talking about JT Miller, actually. He reminds me of the type of player a smart team drafts and develops into a two-way player with size and skill who may not have be real flashy but is a ***** to play against.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Wasn't talking about Bergeron. Was talking about JT Miller, actually. He reminds me of the type of player a smart team drafts and develops into a two-way player with size and skill who may not have be real flashy but is a ***** to play against.
Nicely done. If he was just coming out of junior, putting up over a ppg as a 20 yr old, this place would be going crazy. Glad he's gotten a nice run of games with the Pack. Would like to see him stay down unless a spot opens after the deadline.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Nicely done. If he was just coming out of junior, putting up over a ppg as a 20 yr old, this place would be going crazy. Glad he's gotten a nice run of games with the Pack. Would like to see him stay down unless a spot opens after the deadline.

This. If he had had a ridiculous stat line last year in Jrs (with the WJC he had), and then produced in the AHL like this, he would be a top-25 prospect for sure.

I think his NHL performance has taken him down a few notches prematurely. Obviously producing at the NHL level is still a hurdle he has to clear.

Punxrocknyc19*

Miller has a ton of skill. He's more of a Kesler type than a Bergeron or Dubinsky.

Miller has been dominant at the best-on-bests from U17-U20s. He'll be the first guy plugged in if somebody gets hurt

I dont understand why Boyle or Moore cant get traded (both UFA) and then Miller gets called up and stays on this team...

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I dont understand why Boyle or Moore cant get traded (both UFA) and then Miller gets called up and stays on this team...

Because he'd be in a role he's not suited for. He's not smart with the puck. At least not yet. Playing 10 mins a game at even strength for a playoff push doesn't really do anybody any favors.

I like our 4th line. Don't change it. With a Richards buyout and Callahan trade likely, I'd keep Miller in Hartford and let him compete for top-6 next season

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Miller will be a good addition to the roster next season. But right now there isnt exactly any room for him. Theres no point in playing him on the 4th line, and the top9 are mostly clicking. Unless you want to bench Richards or Stepan for Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad