Recalled/Assigned: J.T. Miller recalled from Hartford

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Someone is going.

If they can replace Poo and Pyatt permanently it will almost 100% be an upgrade overall.

Punxrocknyc19*

Someone is going.

If they can replace Poo and Pyatt permanently it will almost 100% be an upgrade overall.

watch Dorsett be put on IR.. i dont think this signals another trade although ill be happy if it did

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Miller did an excellent job of shutting down Ryan Nugent Hopkins at the WJC last year. USA played straight man on man, and Miller dogged him the entire game.

Housely put Miller with similar types of wingers with sticks lining up. Grit/Jam with Vesce and skilled hobbits with Gaudreau and Grimaldi. Miller adapted his game to both. I strongly believe he is best suited at center.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash [Close to legit top line you can get for now]

Richards-Brassard-Zuccarello [Not thrilled, but think these guys can set themselves up for midseason trade if they don't perform, looking at a Brassard, Zucc package possibly]

Hagelin-Miller-Callahan [Hags and Cally are proven puck possession demons when paired together. I think Miller puts all together and starts making some plays. Team needs him to.]

Boyle-Moore-Dorsett [This has been a good 4 unit, but would like to upgrade on 4th RW with bigger bodied tougher athlete at a lower cap hit]

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Miller did an excellent job of shutting down Ryan Nugent Hopkins at the WJC last year. USA played straight man on man, and Miller dogged him the entire game.

Housely put Miller with similar types of wingers with sticks lining up. Grit/Jam with Vesce and skilled hobbits with Gaudreau and Grimaldi. Miller adapted his game to both. I strongly believe he is best suited at center.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash [Close to legit top line you can get for now]

Richards-Brassard-Zuccarello [Not thrilled, but think these guys can set themselves up for midseason trade if they don't perform, looking at a Brassard, Zucc package possibly]

Hagelin-Miller-Callahan [Hags and Cally are proven puck possession demons when paired together. I think Miller puts all together and starts making some plays. Team needs him to.]

Boyle-Moore-Dorsett [This has been a good 4 unit, but would like to upgrade on 4th RW with bigger bodied tougher athlete at a lower cap hit]

If you package Brassard, MDZ and some other pieces (prospects/picks) (and one of Pyatt or Poo too) you might get a center (or left wing) plus a RD. Adding the right piece to the 2nd line and 3RD would make the team nice on paper at least. But they would most likely stink it up anyways...

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If you package Brassard, MDZ and some other pieces (prospects/picks) (and one of Pyatt or Poo too) you might get a center (or left wing) plus a RD. Adding the right piece to the 2nd line and 3RD would make the team nice on paper at least. But they would most likely stink it up anyways...

I think the reality here is that Pouliot/Pyatt is pretty much worthless. MDZ's value is at an all time low, and Brassard continues to fail in his effort to be a top 6 center. I don't think that package is getting you what you want...

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I think the reality here is that Pouliot/Pyatt is pretty much worthless. MDZ's value is at an all time low, and Brassard continues to fail in his effort to be a top 6 center. I don't think that package is getting you what you want...
You might be right but I think that in the GM world of The NHL "the last Sucker has not been born yet". Go get them Cigar Man!

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Yeah I mean I am looking at Brassard, Zuccarello, DZ, Dorsett plus assets from the farm get moved in a big deal. Kane & Byfuglien would be ideal. Get a tough guy from WPG in the move, call up Danny Kristo for a wing spot, one of Lindberg/Miller down the middle.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Yeah I mean I am looking at Brassard, Zuccarello, DZ, Dorsett plus assets from the farm get moved in a big deal. Kane & Byfuglien would be ideal. Get a tough guy from WPG in the move, call up Danny Kristo for a wing spot, one of Lindberg/Miller down the middle.

What would be the benefit for the Rangers for trading a player with 18 points the last 21 games ? Kristo or Kane wont fill that vacuum this season

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
What would be the benefit for the Rangers for trading a player with 18 points the last 21 games ? Kristo or Kane wont fill that vacuum this season

The benefit would be to get rid of that irritating Norwegian lady reporter that bugs the coach all the time. Ummmmm, oooops, never mind ;)

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Was Miller told he would be staying with the Rangers for awhile? Is that why he's wearing #10 all of a sudden and not some random number?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Miller looked good last night with Brassard and Hagelin. He had that one prime chance in the first period. Some other chances. He also needs to hit the net more. He set up Staal for a glorious scoring chance but Staal missed the puck. The Rangers need him. Kreider looks to be on his way and now they need JT to establish himself as a NHL player. At least accomplish those two things this season.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I would basically groom Miller to be Steve Kaspar or Mike Peca - a dedicated shutdown checker with skill.

Miller has the tools to do that - size, strength and speed. Drury was supposed to be that guy and it never materialized.

In fact, this team hasn't had a dedicated 3rd line checking scorer since Nemchinov. I see some Sarge in Miller. Nemchinov was a nightmare to match up against.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Send Miller back down. AWFUL TONIGHT. He started the disaster that was the first goal from his turnover in the offensive zone. He was on the ice for the 4th goal. He sucked. He shouldn't be up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad