Recalled/Assigned: J.T. Miller recalled from Hartford

BarbaraAlphanse

As usual, the glaring absence of a strategy is staggering.

I'm hoping he's sticking. No yo-yoing. They can't be making the same mistake they made with CK, especially with all the public criticism they received last year... can they?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I would definitely like to see Miller left in Hartford to really get into an offensive rhythm.

But then again I said the same thing about Kreider and he seized the opportunity. Hopefully Miller does the same. And at center.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
So if Miller is our 3rd line center, how are we stacking up with the lines? Brassard to the wing is something I have wanted to try since he is abysmal on faceoffs, sometimes a move to the wing helps a struggling pivot.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Brassard-Miller-Zuccarello

Or the like.

Miller should play with defensively competent wingers. In theory that should Hagelin and Callahan, although in practice Cally has been a turnover machine. Either way Callahan and Richards need to be on separate lines. IMO if you are moving a center to winger it should be Richards.

richardsequalscup*

I have nothing against D. Moore but this move was not needed. You had 4 centers already. What they need to do is trade for a legit 3rd line center who can take faceoffs because Brassard and Stepan are both train wrecks in the circle. You can't have 2 guys that bad taking draws. Honestly, the team really needs to have Kreider start taking draws and letting him get used to that role. Stepan just sucks at it and he doesn't appear to have any interest in getting better at it.

bmw2004

Mar 8, 2006
Brooklyn, N.Y.
I have nothing against D. Moore but this move was not needed. You had 4 centers already. What they need to do is trade for a legit 3rd line center who can take faceoffs because Brassard and Stepan are both train wrecks in the circle. You can't have 2 guys that bad taking draws. Honestly, the team really needs to have Kreider start taking draws and letting him get used to that role. Stepan just sucks at it and he doesn't appear to have any interest in getting better at it.

Don't you think that no one could be available at the moment or the price is way too high?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So why are people saying Miller at C? It seems like this is a replacement for Pyatt or Pouliott on RW

Meaning down the pipe its a combo of Richards, Stepan, Brassard, Boyle, Moore still. With one sliding to the wing.

3rd line of Hagelin, Brassard , Miller. What's wrong with looking at that for a while?

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
So why are people saying Miller at C? It seems like this is a replacement for Pyatt or Pouliott on RW

Meaning down the pipe its a combo of Richards, Stepan, Brassard, Boyle, Moore still. With one sliding to the wing.

3rd line of Hagelin, Brassard , Miller. What's wrong with looking at that for a while?

He's better at center, move Brass to the wing.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

Somewhere along the way, someone said that Miller is the roXXorZ at center, and now it's just a thing that everyone says.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Somewhere along the way, someone said that Miller is the roXXorZ at center, and now it's just a thing that everyone says.

Or because we drafted him as a C and he's played it everywhere else....

Although both options seem equally plausible

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY

Offensively he looked much better in the middle....Defensively is another story.... but he should play in the middle.... thats the path for his career in my opinion..... Idc what anybody else has said...ive thought this all along... with my own brain and everything

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Offensively he looked much better in the middle....Defensively is another story.... but he should play in the middle.... thats the path for his career in my opinion..... Idc what anybody else has said...ive thought this all along... with my own brain and everything

Show off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad