Recalled/Assigned: J.T. Miller recalled from Hartford

BarbaraAlphanse

Not like he leads the team or anything.

Our team is devoid of natural scoring ability. Does Richards leading the team surprise you?

He should have twice the amount of goals, purely on the wide open looks he's had at wide open nets.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's still been our best offensive player. Your best players should be put in position to put up numbers.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Or because we drafted him as a C and he's played it everywhere else....

Although both options seem equally plausible
You don't draft players as a position, you just draft players.

He played mostly wing in juniors.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

I mean...that's great for the team and all...but that's also a problem. It's not that hard to lead this team in goals and points.

Like Dubinsky in 2010-11. Yeah it's great that he was our team leader in points, but he had 54. So it wasn't that much of an accomplishment.

BarbaraAlphanse

He's still been our best offensive player. Your best players should be put in position to put up numbers.

My point is we can't rely on Brad to be our main goal scorer.

Luckily Nash is starting to heat up. We need someone else.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My point is we can't rely on Brad to be our main goal scorer.

Luckily Nash is starting to heat up. We need someone else.

Nash is our main goal scorer. I just think putting Brad into a position to score more goals is a good idea when we're heavy on playmakers and short on snipers.

BarbaraAlphanse

Nash is our main goal scorer. I just think putting Brad into a position to score more goals is a good idea when we're heavy on playmakers and short on snipers.

I'd rather just try and trade Brassard, MDZ, and something for someone who focuses on putting the puck in the back of the net. Keep Richards with Zucc and put the acquired goal scorer on that line. Keep the Nash line together. Then put Callahan with Miller and Hagelin to be a checking line.

This team needs balance. It's why we're inconsistent. We need balance.

Boyle-Moore-Dorsett is a great 4th line. None should be on any other line. It throws off everything.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY

He does.... But Nash would be if he didnt miss so many games.... but yes you are correct.... Step is right behind him I believe as well

In his whole 1 yr in JRs..... i dont wanna turn this into a big deal... I just cant agree with you on this one tho... Hes a natural center and he should become a very good 2c one day

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne

I knew we should have tried Lundqvist as a fwd..... :laugh:

I freely admit to have not seen Miller in Jnrs, but all the scouting reports I read (which made me really want the Rangers to pick him) had him listed as a C, weird

Bardof425*

I freely admit to have not seen Miller in Jnrs, but all the scouting reports I read (which made me really want the Rangers to pick him) had him listed as a C, weird

I think tomorrow night we will see

Kreider Stepan Nash
Richards Brass Zucc
Hags Miller Cally
Boyle Moore Dorsett (Pyatt if Derek is hurt)

Zucc and Richards are both very creative and made some nice plays last night in a tight checking game. Someone on that line will need to shoot however.

Bardof425*

He played center in the biggest tournament of his life, the WJC. Elsewhere he has played C and LW. I'd like to see him get a shot at center.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
ive been

saying they should have kept him up for pouliot the whole time. some on this board didn't want to hear it. at worst, the kid is going to bring a high compete level and energy. he can play the defensive side of the puck, hit, and chip in a few goals. pouliot, get him outta here

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
In his whole 1 yr in JRs..... i dont wanna turn this into a big deal... I just cant agree with you on this one tho... Hes a natural center and he should become a very good 2c one day

Gordie Clark made it clear he sees Miller as a center. I think the Rangers still do, that's why he plays center with Hartford. The NHL isn't a great place to do try to learn new skills, however.

He played mostly wing in Plymouth. He played wing with the Wolfpack after the OHL season, because it would be unfair to have him working at a different position at a tougher level.

In his draft year, Red Line had him listed as a RW. ISS had him listed as a LW. TSN had him listed as a center, but call his upside "Second-line power-type winger".

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Would like to see him center Hags and Cally. Think that could be a great go go go checking line with their speed.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Would like to see him center Hags and Cally. Think that could be a great go go go checking line with their speed.

It'd be a really good idea, if both Hags and Cally weren't playing like horse manure right now.

Although maybe it's better to keep all the suck together, rather than infecting other lines.

In theory, Hags and Cally should make up for Miller's poor defensive play.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
sending a player up and down doesn't dimish or mess with the development of a player.. stop.. if it does they prob aren't strong enough (mental capacity) for what it takes to be a pro..

miller has all the skills and tools to play at this level.. hes got a ton of raw talent and i think he will obv have ups and downs but he should be playing here and given a chance to succeed.. noway should he not be given an opportunity.. idk why coached put these youg players on 4th lines, put miller center callahan and tell him follow his lead.. there so many leaders and vet on this team they should take him under his wing and show him the way..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad