Waived: J.T. Brown placed on waivers | claimed by Anaheim

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The Hedman injury is Koekkoek's chance to shine. I'm looking forward to it. He skates like the wind and has scoring touch. He was pretty good defensively in the AHL, too.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Bye bye bum. This took way too long. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Hoping Peca will make an immediate impact, I like his potential and he's been solid in AHL.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bye bye bum. This took way too long. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Hoping Peca will make an immediate impact, I like his potential and he's been solid in AHL.

You do realize Peca is almost 25? His career high in goals in an AHL season is 12? If you're expected a much better Brown you're going to be disappointed. Brown had the better college numbers, Peca slightly better in the AHL. Peca is going to be more an energy guy like Brown than a scorer like Gourde.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
You do realize Peca is almost 25? His career high in goals in an AHL season is 12? If you're expected a much better Brown you're going to be disappointed. Brown had the better college numbers, Peca slightly better in the AHL. Peca is going to be more an energy guy like Brown than a scorer like Gourde.
He had a pretty stellar pre-season though.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'd still say Peca's an upgrade in every department except fighting, and he hasn't really struggled to contribute in his previous call ups. I think he'll slot into our bottom 6 just fine, and I could see him finding decent chemistry with Kunitz or somebody.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd still say Peca's an upgrade in every department except fighting, and he hasn't really struggled to contribute in his previous call ups. I think he'll slot into our bottom 6 just fine, and I could see him finding decent chemistry with Kunitz or somebody.

He's a better passer, a bit faster and shooting is probably a wash. He will provide energy but isn't as good a forechecker as he isn't as physical. If you are expecting anything more than 15-20 points you're going to be disappointed.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
He's a better passer, a bit faster and shooting is probably a wash. He will provide energy but isn't as good a forechecker as he isn't as physical. If you are expecting anything more than 15-20 points you're going to be disappointed.
I'm not expecting much more than that, but I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he surpassed those numbers either. I'd call the forecheck a wash, too, but he'll be more of a speedy harrier like Gourde and Point than a physical presence like Brown. He was miles ahead of Brown in the preseason, and he looked a bit better than Killorn and TJ too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad