Proposal: J.G. Pageau to Colorado

Pinto22

Dec 31, 2019
Yup, I dont think we need Jost coming back this way tbh. Not that big a fan of Jost myself, and the Sens will be ridiculously deep after this years next draft. Best in the league. Jost just complicates things as hes obviously worth developing, I would just rather see our own guy get those minutes,

A late 1st is exactly the right price imo. Pager is a monster in the playoffs, and will compliment just about any of the contenders perfectly with his big heart and versatility.

I honestly dont want to trade Pager at all, but this draft year is just too sexy to pass up a 1st pick in, and all of the stars have aligned for Ottawa springboard the rebuild ahead by a few years.

In what is being touted as perhaps the deepest draft in 15 years, the Sens could have (3) 1st's and (3) 2nd round picks, Thats friggin bonkers when you think about it for a second. And maybe even a few more 2nds by the TDL with all the potential FAs they could trade in packages (Ennis and Hainsey anyone?).

Yeah well put. I just want a first for pageau so we can hopefully use 1 or 2 of those second rounders to move the first we get for him up.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I dont think we would place any kind of significant value on Cole or Kaut. Even if Pageau cant get a 1st, I'd look elsewhere because Pageau + DeMelo will for sure.

The issue with this line of thinking is that Hall's value has gone way, way up now. Realistically, you're looking at a legit top 6 player with term if you want to add Hall, because AZ won't give him up without getting back a top 6er and there aren't any impending UFAs who are close to Halls level.
Notice I said "We should have." I know we missed the boat on Hall. I just don't want to overpay for an overachieving third liner. If the Av'swwon't spend for top line talent I'd rather we save our assets. Someone will overpay for Pageau so good for the sens. I just don't want it to be us.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Notice I said "We should have." I know we missed the boat on Hall. I just on't want to overpay for an overachieving third liner. If the Av'swwon't spend for top line talent I'd rather we save our assets. Someone will overpay for Pageau so good for the sens. I just don't want it to be us.

Yeah I hear you. I do think Pageau could be well worth a 1st rounder, but it will definitely depend on where he goes. If you're not a serious contender (not that the Avs can't be one) and you dont think he will re-sign/don't have the flexibility to extend him, a 1st is a steep price. Thing is, though, most GMs think their team can win it all and they often act accordingly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad