Proposal: J.G. Pageau to Colorado

SoftMittsHardSticks

Jan 3, 2014
Colorado could benefit from upgrading their third line, especially with the glut of injuries up and down their roster. Would a deal around Tyson Jost for J.G. Pageau be possible?

~OTT~
Pageau

For

~COL~
Jost
Conditional 2021 3rd (becomes 2nd if Pageau is resigned)

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think Pageau is on the first line in Ottawa. Wouldn't the Avs want someone more sutied to a third line role?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
As good as Pageau may be and I do like him, Colorado doesn't need another undersized middle 6 forward. Also, don't see why the Sens would want Jost. He's trash.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
As good as Pageau may be and I do like him, Colorado doesn't need another undersized middle 6 forward. Also, don't see why the Sens would want Jost. He's trash.

Ottawa are happy to take on some boom/bust young forwards and give them some time, like they did with the Dzingel trade (2 x 2nd + Duclair).

That one has turned out really well for them so far (15 goals in 41gp) so I could see them looking for another underachieving player ... whether that is via a Pageau trade, by moving some of their (non 1st round) picks, moving by a different pending RFA/UFA at the deadline.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Pageau would be an excellent pick up for Colorado. The center depth with Mackinnon, Kadri, Pagaeu, Bellemare would be among the best in the league.

Jost would be the obvious candidate to trade, but I think other teams can beat that offer. Colorado also lack a 2nd round pick in 2020 which might be a problem.

HockeyHead21

Sep 10, 2014
Ohio
If he came to Colorado, I think his offense goes dry. He's shooting 23% right now and he would be on the third / fourth line. His defensive capabilities would be a fantastic add but I think his acquiring cost will be too rich for me. Somebody suggested Byram above which most know that's not realistic but in the other thread, folks were asking for a 1st / prospect.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
If he came to Colorado, I think his offense goes dry. He's shooting 23% right now and he would be on the third / fourth line. His defensive capabilities would be a fantastic add but I think his acquiring cost will be too rich for me. Somebody suggested Byram above which most know that's not realistic but in the other thread, folks were asking for a 1st / prospect.

See that's the thing about having something other people want. You can ask for whatever the hell you want, and if they dont like the price, you can keep it (see: Avs fans thinking Byram gets Tkachuk/Chabot, only a few posts earlier.)

A lot of Sens fans want to re-sign Pageau, so of course the asking price is high. There is no desire to move him before the TDL if the buyers only want to pay TDL prices.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
See that's the thing about having something other people want. You can ask for whatever the hell you want, and if they dont like the price, you can keep it (see: Avs fans thinking Byram gets Tkachuk/Chabot, only a few posts earlier.)

A lot of Sens fans want to re-sign Pageau, so of course the asking price is high. There is no desire to move him before the TDL if the buyers only want to pay TDL prices.
Byram for Tkachuk would not be the most unreasonable thing ever considering they are 4 OA picks from one year apart. Ottawa doesn't do that because Brady has been really good so far since his draft but at least that is closer to some sort of reality if Ottawa wanted to shore up their future D than the Pageau for Byram joke.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Byram for Tkachuk would not be the most unreasonable thing ever considering they are 4 OA picks from one year apart. Ottawa doesn't do that because Brady has been really good so far since his draft but at least that is closer to some sort of reality if Ottawa wanted to shore up their future D than the Pageau for Byram joke.

I was referring to the 1st+ ask in the other thread, which is not unreasonable considering his play this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->