Confirmed with Link: Ivan Telegin assigned to CSKA Moscow of the KHL

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
there was a time when Telegin was considered to be the Jets' top prospect.
we've come a long way, baby.

take care when building fences in Moscow, comrade

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
there was a time when Telegin was considered to be the Jets' top prospect.
we've come a long way, baby.

take care when building fences in Moscow, comrade

Still good prospect:

BdQqk8xCQAIL8V2.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdQqk8xCQAIL8V2.jpg:large

More good prospects = good... after all.... more good players = Jets biggest problem

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
What approach is that? Giving in to a player and allowing him to play where he wants? Oilers did it with Yakopov during the lockout..

"assigning" the player to the KHL. The tweet reads like all the "assignments" to the AHL, or ECHL. I've never seen an "assignment" like this to the the K during the season, could he be recalled to the Jets at any point, is this a three way agreement between the Jets/Telegin/CSKA?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
"assigning" the player to the KHL. The tweet reads like all the "assignments" to the AHL, or ECHL. I've never seen an "assignment" like this to the the K during the season, could he be recalled to the Jets at any point, is this a three way agreement between the Jets/Telegin/CSKA?

I imagine that they'd have to get NHL clearance, but Chevy and co. likely realise that having a prospect sit out doesn't do anyone favours.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
What approach is that? Giving in to a player and allowing him to play where he wants? Oilers did it with Yakopov during the lockout..

Maybe we have given up drafting Russians so we no longer care as it won't bother us in the future.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Interesting timing. Probably coincidental.

I recall their were rumours out of Russia months ago that Telegin would join TSKA on loan, but nothing ever came of it. I wonder if the NHL suggested that the Jets shouldn't immediately allow the move, to discourage the leverage play by players like Telegin that are under contract with NHL clubs.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
I imagine that they'd have to get NHL clearance, but Chevy and co. likely realise that having a prospect sit out doesn't do anyone favours.

I'm not sure the KHL would like this all too much either, puts the stature of their league a definite peg lower than the NHL at a time they are looking to stand shoulder to shoulder with the NHL.

Hmmmmmm.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know if it really matters. I'm not sure Telegin will ever play in the NHL. He's going to be 22 this year and has yet to make an impact as a prospect.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Why shouldn't a young player be able to develop in the KHL over the AHL? Teams have to be more flexible.

The AHL consists of affiliates or teams owned by the parent NHL team. Players in the A are under control of the parent and have direct influence over the players usage and development.

The KHL is a rival to the NHL - their team's sole purpose is to win. You have no idea what will happen to your prospect or their development. I can understand why this wouldn't sit well with an NHL club.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
The AHL consists of affiliates or teams owned by the parent NHL team. Players in the A are under control of the parent and have direct influence over the players usage and development.

The KHL is a rival to the NHL - their team's sole purpose is to win. You have no idea what will happen to your prospect or their development. I can understand why this wouldn't sit well with an NHL club.

Sure. So you draft accordingly. Doesn't mean the best thing for a young kid is to develop overseas.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

Agreed, harder to keep an eye on your prospect, or have any control, when he's playing overseas, in a league where he's playing on different sized ice, with different systems and methods in play. Also more difficult for short notice call-ups.

I think TNSE just gave up on him and decided it wasn't worth fighting. Let him do whatever he wants.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Agreed, harder to keep an eye on your prospect, or have any control, when he's playing overseas, in a league where he's playing on different sized ice, with different systems and methods in play. Also more difficult for short notice call-ups.

I think TNSE just gave up on him and decided it wasn't worth fighting. Let him do whatever he wants.

Yep, and probably, unfortunately.

This is very good, Telegin gets to be comfortable and play in a superior league to the AHL.

That isn't the point - it might be a superior league to the AHL, but as a Jets prospect, the Jets would be better served having Telegin develop within a system where they dictate play style, systems play, etc.

If you're talking about Telegin's development as a player who may never return to the NHL, then yes, I would agree with you.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
This also pretty much guarantees that Telegin will never get called up to the NHL due to the length of a flight. If he was in St. John's at least he would have the chance to be called up if there was an injury and he was working hard.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Why shouldn't a young player be able to develop in the KHL over the AHL? Teams have to be more flexible.

Players are under contract a team and need to follow their orders.

If a team doesnt want you to play there, then you need to deal with that, and go where you are requested too.

Not act like a spoiled child.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad